Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Valdetiosi

Scholar
is world of pain any good
Meh, like others said, up to you if you don't mind inconsistent location quality, and weird stuff like Mark 2 weapons/armor. But since it sticks out like sore thumb, I would leave it out.

Alternatively for locations, use MoreMojave.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
is world of pain any good
Meh, like others said, up to you if you don't mind inconsistent location quality, and weird stuff like Mark 2 weapons/armor. But since it sticks out like sore thumb, I would leave it out.

Alternatively for locations, use MoreMojave.

World of Pain is complete and utter shit. It's fine for Fallout 3 however because nothing in the game world makes sense anyway.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Doing a sawyerbatty and ROOG play-through, maybe I should get the mod that alters skill book bonuses.

It seems that skills are still too easy to max since you need only one weapon skill at 75 and maybe speech at 90 along with repair and survival to do the game's content, 210 skill points
is enough to get these skills to a respectable level.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Any recommended power armor mods?

Two years was enough for modders to step up their game big time. Its not perfect, but way better than metal pajamas.

78688-1666231133-825031114.jpeg

78688-1666231098-186740820.jpeg
78688-1666231109-905977983.jpeg

Deadass

Savant
Haven't seen this Mod mentioned yet, could be interesting if it ever sees the light of day:

Fallout: Nuevo Mexico (voice over dude sounds *derp* though)

A team of modders is currently working on a DLC-sized fan expansion for Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout: Nuevo Mexico. This mod promises to offer a heavily focused RPG experience, inspired by the classic games(Fallout 1 & Fallout 2), and you can find a teaser trailer for it below.

In Fallout: Nuevo Mexico, players will join multiple new factions. The mod will also offer three unique companions with a revamped companion and affinity system. Additionally, it will have various new activities, and will let you travel to various states and locations.

:necro:

seems cool

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just setup Viva New Vegas and loving the performance and stability, nowI am looking for a good mod that adds some quests and actually depth to the Legion without too many addons…any suggestions?

None

Scholar
a good mod that adds some quests and actually depth to the Legion without too many addons…any suggestions?
None that I'm aware of. There are a few, but none have stood out as being anything exceptional, which is what any proper elaboration of the legion would have to be.

The Jester

Cipher
I just setup Viva New Vegas and loving the performance and stability, nowI am looking for a good mod that adds some quests and actually depth to the Legion without too many addons…any suggestions?
More than 10 fucking years later and we still don't have a proper Legion expansion.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I reinstalled New Vegas recently just to give the New Vegas Reloaded graphics mod a go. It adds proper shadows and a bunch of other visual tweaks, all optionals, to the game.
Unfortunately the game still looks pretty bad because of the vanilla weathers, and the modern weather mods don't really look that good to me, they are all a hit or miss.

In the end, I think I may have played New Vegas far too many times already. You know how there are movies you have watched 20 times and every time still feels like the first time? New Vegas no longer feels like that to me.

I tried to fill the void with Fallout 4, but ugh. It manages to feel like New Vegas in that I get boring very quickly, in spite of how much "stuff" (shooting enemies and "exploring" shooting galleries) there is to do. But it's probably the awful writing that kills the whole game for me, I feel not an ounce of empathy for its cast of NPCs.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I reinstalled New Vegas recently just to give the New Vegas Reloaded graphics mod a go. It adds proper shadows and a bunch of other visual tweaks, all optionals, to the game.
Unfortunately the game still looks pretty bad because of the vanilla weathers, and the modern weather mods don't really look that good to me, they are all a hit or miss.

In the end, I think I may have played New Vegas far too many times already. You know how there are movies you have watched 20 times and every time still feels like the first time? New Vegas no longer feels like that to me.

I tried to fill the void with Fallout 4, but ugh. It manages to feel like New Vegas in that I get boring very quickly, in spite of how much "stuff" (shooting enemies and "exploring" shooting galleries) there is to do. But it's probably the awful writing that kills the whole game for me, I feel not an ounce of empathy for its cast of NPCs.
the answer is more mods

come to think of it, I haven’t replayed NV in a few years, think I might do that after my Starfield addiction calms down

Old Hans

Arcane
In the end, I think I may have played New Vegas far too many times already.
im the same way. I usually get fixated on annoying little details, which I try and fix in the GECK editor. my last playthrough went off the tracks trying to get a camp of two whole powder gangers to have an actual patrol routine that used idle animations., just because I hated the way they kept aimlessly wandering around and bumping into each other

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
im the same way. I usually get fixated on annoying little details, which I try and fix in the GECK editor. my last playthrough went off the tracks trying to get a camp of two whole powder gangers to have an actual patrol routine that used idle animations., just because I hated the way they kept aimlessly wandering around and bumping into each other
Yeah, mods are a trap. In another game, I simply ask myself if I want to play it, and the answer is a binary yes/no. With Bethesda games and New Vegas, it boils down to "yeah, if I can mod it just right", but the more tired I get of the games, it feels like I keep finding more and more stuff that needs fixing.

Here's Reloaded in action.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Did you try that mod that restores vanilla weathers cut by the devs?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
How does that look? I played with a bunch of mods but it's been years since I've given the game a go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom