Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

ferratilis

Magister
For anyone struggling with TTW installation, I recommend this modlist and guide by the creator of Viva New Vegas
https://thebestoftimes.github.io/

It's vanilla+, modular, has step-by-step guide to MO2, includes JSawyer mod adaptation for TTW, physics fixes for high refresh rate monitors, stability mods, and other stuff. There's no way anyone can fuck up with this guide.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Classic Fallout Weapons Remastered released about a week ago:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/73805
Looks a lot better than the older version of the mod, graphically the weapons fit much more and instead of being a replacer for the weapons in vanilla New Vegas (like the old one was, for some weapons) it looks like they're integrated properly alongside the vanilla weapons via leveled lists, which is a big plus.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Looks a lot better than the older version of the mod

It doesn't just look better, but it also works better. Whoever did the original fucked up with leveled lists of the mod, and some of the guns were just plain single blocks of colours.

37002-2-1293312791.jpg

Puukko

Arcane
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/73800

Here's a wonder of a mod. Your mileage will vary of course, but under my less than exact testing methodology (run around Primm while getting shot at by bandits) this improved my minimum fps from 85-90 to 95-100 and maximum fps by a similar amount. This was in a heavily CPU bound scenario. I am trying to make the wasteland as interesting as I can while still maintaining fps so this is a godsend.

The comments are debating over whether it works with ENB or not, but I don't care for that, and according to the Viva New Vegas author its FNV implementation is unfinished and buggy anyway. I can confirm Reshade works via a global toggle for Vulkan using Gshade (presumably regular Reshade as well) and the performance is as it should be, compared to DX9 where toggling any effect at all would take a big chunk out of my fps, even when not CPU/GPU bound. But again, I am trying my hardest not to go down the grafix rabbithole this time. A well running wasteland is a pleasant wasteland.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I created a mod for myself that removes all the debris from the world. That is tin cans, burnt books, empty bottles, coffee cups, plates, sporks, irons, crutches, etc. Not very useful if I used crafting, but overall, I really, really like walking into buildings and not seeing shit everywhere. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but after running it for quite a few hours, I don't miss big messy camp sites and garbage strewn ruins. If anyone is interested, I will put it out.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Haven't seen this Mod mentioned yet, could be interesting if it ever sees the light of day:

Fallout: Nuevo Mexico (voice over dude sounds *derp* though)

A team of modders is currently working on a DLC-sized fan expansion for Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout: Nuevo Mexico. This mod promises to offer a heavily focused RPG experience, inspired by the classic games(Fallout 1 & Fallout 2), and you can find a teaser trailer for it below.

In Fallout: Nuevo Mexico, players will join multiple new factions. The mod will also offer three unique companions with a revamped companion and affinity system. Additionally, it will have various new activities, and will let you travel to various states and locations.

DeepOcean

Arcane
After Fallout The Frontier and New California, any TC for New Vegas, I dont want to know until is released and people tested to see if it is cringe. Modders have particular ideas about game design that most of the time end being total disfunctional shit that was added because it looked cool instead of making sense gameplay wise and setting wise.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
After Fallout The Frontier and New California, any TC for New Vegas, I dont want to know until is released and people tested to see if it is cringe. Modders have particular ideas about game design that most of the time end being total disfunctional shit that was added because it looked cool instead of making sense gameplay wise and setting wise.

Just looking at that trailer tells me this mod is going to give The Frontier a run for its money when it comes to cringe.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
My next playthrough is going to be Fallout 1 patched to widescreen with tons of bug fixes since 1997 but I was curious about what a patched Fallout New Vegas with plenty of QoL mods and optimizations would be like so I downloaded Viva New Vegas. It took me only 20 minutes to install it with Wabbajack (I don't have a premium Nexus account so had to click each mod download separately but still only 20 minutes for the full download and install and I'm thankful that I didn't spend all day doing it manually without Wabbajack like a saw a previous poster here doing, poor thing). I'll probably add a few more mods like Simple Open Freeside and maybe quest stuff like Autumn Leaves and the New Vegas Bounties series, and, my favorite, RobCo Certified. It will be strange playing this game after all these years and using the Josh Sawyer-based rebalance/leveling mod. But first, FO1.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Speaking of companions, I used the Robco Certified mod for FNV to turn Caesar into a special lobotomite using a brainsaw to extract his brain and combining with some bits 'n' ends in an achievement entitled "They Saved Caesar's Brain" and plan to finish up my main game playthrough by pumping him full of chems (psycho. jet, buffout, med-x, etc, thanks to the Companions Command and Control mod) and then turning him loose with a chainsaw on Legate Lanius and his guards while I sit back with Ed-E and cheer him on. There's something proper and poetic about that.

3mySDSC.jpg

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
TTW v3.3 is out. Any of you guys going to give it a playthrough or currently are giving it a playthrough? The main problem with previous builds of this merge mod of course was that you were virtually a god by the time you finished one area and decided to go to the next. But apparently they tried to balance things more ie certain perks only obtainable in much later levels than vanilla. Don't know for sure since the v3.3 log (which I only skimmed) lists a massive 1400+ fixes and improvements. Ain't nobody got time for that. Don't know how successful they were but I kind of want to play this just to see DC in the FNV engine.

Still doing my current playthrough of Viva New Vegas but I'm discovering that even with one of the recommended mods, it causes a bug-out that I suspect is the result of the Player Combat Priority mod which is intended to lure most enemies directly to you rather than your companions but instead causes automated turrets to not detect you for several long seconds, giving you plenty of time to just mosey on up and take a piss on 'em. If I do do a playthrough of TTW I'll probably go ulra-light and use only a very few additional mods, if any.

ferratilis

Magister
For anyone struggling with TTW installation, I recommend this modlist and guide by the creator of Viva New Vegas
https://thebestoftimes.github.io/

It's vanilla+, modular, has step-by-step guide to MO2, includes JSawyer mod adaptation for TTW, physics fixes for high refresh rate monitors, stability mods, and other stuff. There's no way anyone can fuck up with this guide.
Since this list is no longer maintained, there's a new one for TTW 3.3.1 that is more expansive, but still modular.
https://wastelandsurvivalguide.com/index.html
image.png

Maybe someone will be interested. ;)

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I still have not bought Fallout 3 on Steam and I would feel like a traitor if I did so. It is tempting for TTW though.

thesecret1

Arcane
is world of pain any good
Played with it recently. It depends entirely on what you want from it – it has many (MANY!) new dungeons that tend to be a lot bigger than those from the vanilla, includes a new town and many new NPCs with vendors and quests and stuff, new items, and some new (kinda shitty) lore. That said, it sticks out of the vanilla game like a sore thumb – there is an attempt made to make the two blend, sure, but realistically, you won't be "immersed" with this on, more so at the beginning where you cannot take 10 steps without bumping into one of the new locations, and especially once you find out it adds teleporters and other shit like that. But if you just want some cool new dungeons to shoot through, then AWOP is absolutely what you want.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
My AWOP Tweaks mod fixed a lot of the horrible typos and extra NPC's and lore breaking stuff it added. It was still pretty retarded.

ferratilis

Magister
I still have not bought Fallout 3 on Steam and I would feel like a traitor if I did so. It is tempting for TTW though.
You don't really need to have the Steam version, TTW can be installed with GOG version just fine. During installation, it only checks whether the .ini files are present in My Documents/Games/Fallout 3. You can freely mix and match, I have NV on Steam and Fallout 3 on GOG, it works.

thesecret1

Arcane
My AWOP Tweaks mod fixed a lot of the horrible typos and extra NPC's and lore breaking stuff it added. It was still pretty retarded.
Yeah, it really isn't something to play for the story or lore or whatever. Just some new places to shoot up. The dude who made it clearly has a talent for level design, but doesn't understand that less is sometimes more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom