Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming to PS4/Steam/Switch/XB1

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
That emulator has existed for some 5 years now I think
But it's cool that they finally got the game in a playable state

Xenia is also almost getting NG2 to run great:

This section supposedly shreds the 360's performance, but here it seems to run with no issues... aside from the missing character models :M

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Beaten NGB on Very Hard. Not too bad but there is a difficulty spike from hard. I'm pretty sure I will be able to beat master ninja. I have noticed how much I improved since the beginning of the walkthrough.

Before trying to beat it on Master ninja I think I'm gonna play NG2 on mentor.

What an epic game. Never gets old.

Last edited:

NerevarineKing

Learned
I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Black for the first time and it seems pretty cool so far (Borrowed a 360 that wasn't really being used anymore). Ryu's movement is so fluid and basically all enemies are a threat. I'm not exactly skilled at fast-paced action games, but I have beat DMC1-5 and Bayonetta (on normal). This is probably one of the hardest action games I've ever played so far.

Sentinel

Arcane
muem3wU.png

Derringer

Prophet
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoy-controller/
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/J...ft-Xbox-360-Controller-Driver-12-64-bit.shtml
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148
https://files.catbox.moe/u15uuh.vcd (basic mouse+keyboard map)
You can use this to set up keyboard+mouse controls if you install all of the pre-requisites, set up a virtual Xbox360 Gamepad (vXbox 1) with the setup button in IO Devices, increase the sensitivity of the mouse to 8000 or so and enable the Lock Feature, map it with Quick Binding in Controls, activate it with F5 with the mouse cursor off-screen then alt+tab to the game, maybe full-screening the game with alt+enter before using F5. Koei are pieces of shit for their awful gimped forced controller ports though, they fuck them all up on purpose, they only fixed Nioh since too many people bought it. All Atelier ports stutter without an emulated controller being used even with mouse and keyboard support.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
Any chance they'll add KBM support? I want to play this but without KBM it would be the same as playing on an emulator and that's not something I want to pay 40$ for.

Derringer

Prophet
Any chance they'll add KBM support? I want to play this but without KBM it would be the same as playing on an emulator and that's not something I want to pay 40$ for.
Gotta bitch at them to get them to even bother attempting to fix it.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing 2 now and actually having fun much better than 3. Still the camera sometimes get Revengeance levels of bad. I don't like Rachel she dresses like a thot, i prefer Momiji.

NerevarineKing

Learned
I actually tried NG3 for the first time and suddenly there are QTEs everywhere, no items, and way less weapons. Also, enemies don't drop essence orbs anymore and the combat feels off compared to the first two games. It just makes me wish I was playing 1 or 2 instead.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Beaten Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja. The real difficulty gap is between Hard and Very Hard, aside from the absolutely brutal first chapter on master ninja with all those red ninjas and your very limited moveset. A beautiful and true gaming masterpiece.

NG2 pale in comparison to NGB. It has great combat mechanics and memorable situations NGB can't offer, but worse enemy and encounter design, aside from some masterful chapters like the first ones and the insane and epic chapter 11, with hundreds of nasty ninjas. A lot of times you have accumulation of enemies that are not fun to fight, without rime or reason, and it gets very tedious in the last chapters. In some aspects Sigma 2 improved the game, but of course worsen it on others.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
The lack of blood in Sigma 2 really kills my motivation. Need viscerality. Game feels awesome! But I don't wanna play because the purple haze is just disgusting. I think I rather just move onto Razer's Edge.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The lack of blood in Sigma 2 really kills my motivation. Need viscerality. Game feels awesome! But I don't wanna play because the purple haze is just disgusting. I think I rather just move onto Razer's Edge.

Hopefully someone makes a mod for that. With blood NG Sigma 2 should be close to NG2.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This "master collection" lacks the co-op missions and didn't even include the DLC trials for Sigma

Wunderbar

Arcane
Latest patch added a bunch of graphics options

Version 1.0.0.2 was released today. The changes are as below.

The following were added to the Options menu of the title screen:
- Display mode
-Resolution
-V-sync
-Triple Buffering
-Anti-aliasing
-Depth of field
-Display shadows

Who knows, maybe they'll add keyboard + mouse controls later on :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom