Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Silverfish

Arbiter
I like how neither of those videos even acknowledge the possibility that not every game needs to played and "active" in perpetuity.

cruel

Cipher
The game is perfectly fine as it is, if you are planning a 100h - 150h playthrough. If you want to play for 300h+, you might get bored at some point probably.

Ivan

Arcane
The game is perfectly fine as it is, if you are planning a 100h - 150h playthrough. If you want to play for 300h+, you might get bored at some point probably.
reminds me of that Darkest Dungeon guy. "it's good for the first few hundred hours, but after that..."

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

For some reason it's set to an Adult Only game. Probably a mistake.

I've always suspected Nioh 1 is the bestselling Steam release from them. PC gamers sure like Souls-like. (And put Ninja Gaiden games on Steam while you're at it, KT!)

cruel

Cipher
For the amount of game play, still worth it. I have 120 hours clocked in and haven't even started the second DLC yet.

Suicidal

Arcane
Gonna D1P purchase this when it comes to PC. Nioh 1 was a very pleasant surprise (I expected a low effort Souls ripoff but got a very mechanically rich 3rd person Diablo + beat em up combo which is now one of my all time favorite action RPGs) so the series has earned its D1P rights as far as I'm concerned.

Jinn

Arcane
$50 for the base game and all the DLC seems reasonable enough to me. Most definitely a day one purchase for me. Nioh was one of my favorite games of the past 4 years, and this appears to be an improvement on all fronts. Just happy it's coming to PC really. If you pirate it, you're basically encouraging them to withhold these games from the PC market entirely.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
$50 or ~1/4 of a brazilian minimum wage, a larger than 150% premium against Valve's suggested price, more expensive than Cyberpunk. I'm going to encourage them, alright...

Jinn

Arcane
$50 or ~1/4 of a brazilian minimum wage, a larger than 150% premium against Valve's suggested price, more expensive than Cyberpunk. I'm going to encourage them, alright...

I apologize, but of course I didn't know what your employment situation was, nor where you were located. If they're going to do the whole regional pricing thing, then yes, of course it should be cheaper in your neck of the woods. From where I'm standing though, it seems fine.

Hyperion

Arcane
Right now the biggest downsides are terribly balanced weapons - the DLC ones, Splitstaff and Fists are huge upgrades over their similar weapons (Kusarigama, and Tonfa) with no real downside comparatively, and stats are a bit unbalanced. Strength is a shitty stat for example. But you're allowed to get a stat on Dream of the Wise that will transform the primary scaling stat of a weapon to something else. Fists, and Odachi are Strength scaling, but Transform Courage will change the B+ Str to B+ Courage. which can then be remodeled to an A Courage, or A- Courage, and A- Heart or something. Soul Cores are a new mechanic that let you use Yokai attacks in echange for Anima (3rd bar under your ki) and they also have stats....farming them is an absolute nightmare since you can't temper them like equipment. whatever you find is what you find....

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean I don't imba shit in my (mostly) single player game. Let the dev have fun with the weapon design.

Now that Nioh is confirmed for PC does it mean there is no more major DLC on the way? I think the current 2 DLC are fairly short time travel stuff right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom