Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Drax

Arcane
So, a full team, Sony's cock millions, a biased press and still pales in comparison with Limit Theory...

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
GI: Can you customize your ship?
Sean: No, you have to go and find the ship that you like.

If the game wasn't such a turn off already, i would be mad.
So, a full team, Sony's cock millions, a biased press and still pales in comparison with Limit Theory...
So, a full team, Sony's cock millions, a biased press and still pales in comparison with every spasim ever made...

fix'd
18GKWhp.gif

Whiran

Magister
Have they answered WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE COLOR SATURATION IN THAT GAME?
Is is an engine limitation?
It's ART!

Doesn't it look... epic?

(that was sarcasm - to me it looks unpleasant)

Norfleet

You can't make a game about "discovery" and "exploration" in the Internet era. Everything obviously placed to be discovered will be posted on Youtube within 24 hours. In an open world game, someone will have gotten there first and taken it already.

Data4

Arcane
I was actually a bit more open minded about this than the general konsensus around here, but that 70 questions bit totally killed it. No building? No customizing ships? Not even a fucking "I was here" flag?

You guys are right. This game has no point.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The company's name should give atleast a hint at the quality of their game (and their previous ones Joe Danger, Joe Danger 2 the movie, Joe Danger Touch (wtf?) ,Joe Danger Infinity).

fc,550x550,white.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
I'm a bit surprised at the incredible hype machine behind this game. Someone seems to put lot of faith into this.

set

Cipher
How can tech writers, even if they are writing for video games, write so vapidly.

Angthoron

Arcane
How can tech writers, even if they are writing for video games, write so vapidly.
Never has a journalist been able to shill so vapidly, harnessing the infinite power of Word 2013's spellchecker. It is amazing how a sentence can be so fluid, as though a thousand monkeys had hammered on a keyboard and suddenly fell silent.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This 'game' sounds a lot like space engine, but i bet tech wise the universe and proceduraly generated planets will not be as good and not as pretty to look at.

Drax

Arcane
I wonder if mods will be able to fix this.

Their procedurally generated universe might be a good base to build on if you can mod in some semi-interesting gameplay systems so there is actually something interesting to do besides looking at things, mining space fuel, attacking things, and buying non-customizable ships and space fuel.
If you want to mod a space simulator, wait for Limit Theory, pretty much the entire game is moddable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom