Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It seems Chris has read the PoE threads now...

z1xHKFw.jpg

:cry:

Calling it: next gen game he was working on was cancelled. :(

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think he must be talking about something else than PoE, I have serious doubts Chris actually read the codex, PoE is hardly the first Obsidian game to be received with codexian "love".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Matt MacLean
Matt MacLean is currently a senior designer at Obsidian Entertainment, and has been with the company for nine years working on a series of RPGs for consoles and PC. He was the Lead Designer on South Park: The Stick of Truth and is currently working as a Narrative Designer on [unannounced project]. With over a decade of game development experience, he has been fortunate enough to work on a variety of projects and in many different roles: systems design on Alpha Protocol and Dungeon Siege III, area design on Neverwinter Nights 2 and Fallout: New Vegas, writing on Pillars of Eternity and Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, and working on a pair of online collectible card games: Star Chamber: The Harbinger Saga and The Lord of the Rings Online Trading Card Game.

Duraframe300, Roguey, anything interesting here?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Well, unsurprisingly Matt wanted South Park to be a lot harder. Even though he says it was good for the game because comedy/pacing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He reveals that PoE's final budget was ~$5 million. He also seems to imply that Paradox are dragging their feet on providing sales figure and therefore, royalty payments. :M

Lhynn

Arcane
He reveals that PoE's final budget was ~5 million. He also seems to imply that Paradox are dragging their feet on providing sales figure and therefore, royalty payments. :M
Yup, noticed that. Also noticed that dudes humor is really hit and miss, loads of cringe there.

Overall South Park game was very well designed, so it was interesting to listen how they went about doing it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So Pillars of Eternity cost less to make than Wasteland 2. The shameful inefficiency of inXile Entertainment.

In other news, Chris Avellone is logged in on the Obsidian forums on a Sunday. What could he be doing?????

Fry

Arcane
He reveals that PoE's final budget was ~$5 million. He also seems to imply that Paradox are dragging their feet on providing sales figure and therefore, royalty payments. :M

If that's true, I suspect Obsidian and Paradox may be in a bit of a pissing contest over marketing costs.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
MCA has been around the codex for more than a little while. I seriously doubt he still takes anything said he personally. We all know what this place is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom