Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe, I'm not sure. Maybe both of these things will be toggleable separately.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
How does it feel knowing your beloved developers think reddit is more worthwhile of their presence than the Codex?

Murk

Arcane
It should definitely show the option to attempt and fail, so as to re-affirm that you don't auto-succeed at anything you can try.

kaizoku

Arcane
I failed at reading :/

The top 5 most upvoted questions will be answered by Tim Cain in his video update Saturday. Yes, he'll even announce your Reddit username so you'll be internet famous.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i don't think kotor or nwn had item destruction if you forced containers open. only kotor 2 and nwn2.

Johannes

Arcane
Btw, if you want to look at the gear you'd want to take on a proper dungeoneering trip - rope, food and water, bandages, a shovel and other tools... A fighter would easily carry more than a wizard even unaccounting for arms and armour. Just consider modern military gear and how you'd be much more on your own on an adventuring trip. Of course you'd drop your pack with the extra shit once a fight is imminent.

Not to mention how asinine it is in the end to talk about typical adventuring wizards in a typical setting, as if it's something you can solve by logic.

Murk

Arcane
The idea of thinking of what a person who is able to bend all laws of physics with their mind alone SHOULD do is absolutely ridiculous in and of itself.

Murk

Arcane
The visual thing in spells is bleh, it would be 'cool' but I'd rather they just make more interesting spells that gain utility further up. Things like fireball eventually having a chance to cause conflagration, or feat/perks giving such abilities, so that spells are never rendered 'obsolete'.

"You appear to be armored in what I can only describe as a living liquid composed of infants' faces"

"It is 100% Cotton, but thank you for noticing"

Murk

Arcane
Why are people so interested in lockpicking becoming a mini-game? The closest thing to good lockpicking I've seen was in Thief and in Bloodlines, as even if you would "succeed" in Bloodlines yous till had to spend time that, in its actiony gameplay, was relevant to a guard walking up on you or some such.

Would people want seduction minigames in which you gently stroke your erect nipples, and shape your index and middle finger into a V and stick your tongue through it? (Oh, how silly of me, the cunnilingus gesture is only if you have at least 50 ranks in seduction, otherwise you're relegated to nipple tweaking.)

It's a fucking skill check, be done with it and move on.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's a fucking skill check, be done with it and move on.

:salute:

Fuckers who want more "direct control of the actions" should get the fuck out of RPGs.

(Haven't read that thread, just wanted to say the above).

Random

Arcane
Patron
Oh god, party members who behave like people and aren't magically romantically attracted to the main character for no discernible reason beyond "this guy seems to be pretty useful at what he does, hits on me, and gives me gifts occasionally oh god I'm so wet for him already"? Take all of my money.

You know what, if the party members rejected the PC's advances and got together in a much more fitting pairing behind his back, which you can only discover if you sneak around camp at night... :lol::lol::lol:

Alternatively, a very short romance path that ends with sex, and then the NPC makes it very clear that it was just a fling and meant nothing romantically. And they're dead serious about it. And if the PC pushes for something more than a physical relationship, she/he abandons the party because it's just too fucking weird. One night stands... Flat out rejections...

And to add a cherry to the top of the anti-biowarian romance fruit basket, have there be a single character who does love the PC, but she/he is ugly as fuck and a terrible person with no redeeming qualities and very few skills to offer the party; basically they cling to the PC because the PC is the only one who gives them any attention, which they're desperate for. AKA a real biowhore.

MCA, you brilliant bastard, I know you can at least ruin a few Biotards' days with the romance subplots. Make us proud!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
You are less likely to be hit in your backpack than in the front pocket of your coat, though, and getting hit right in that funny volatile concoction that tends to explode on impact would produce an effect similar to a cannonball dropping right into a battleship's ammo compartment.
We're talking about CRPGs here, the only reason you have a back is for rogues to deal extra damage

Yes, and that's why they do precision strikes in your back, not your backpack, which would absorb damage :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom