Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Gorth is no fun.

Know what? Man...to his credit I was deeee-runnnnk last night and just spamming that forum with bullshit for a good five or ten minutes and dude never even sent me a message. Probably just kept sighing and deleting. Thanks, Gorth. That was very bro of you.

:greatjob:

DraQ

Arcane
That's a bit harsh. Give the wankers some Barbie dolls to dress up instead.
Only if we fill them with Cobalt-60 first.
Good idea. Realistic too.
Assuming most party members would either gang up on you or stab you in your sleep for it, and most of the ones not bothered by it would stab you in your sleep to take your stuff, yeah.

Dexter

Arcane
Assuming most party members would either gang up on you or stab you in your sleep for it, and most of the ones not bothered by it would stab you in your sleep to take your stuff, yeah.
Who gives a fuck about party-members, just solo the entire game as Sawyer said will be possible and whenever you find NPCs retarded enough to follow you just bring them back there to make them work as bottom bitches.

"Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee."

DraQ

Arcane
I see little point in having lockpicking minigames. Yes, if you do have them, they'd better be complex, and not too repetitive, but the best way to add challenge is to make lockpicking take actual game time (so no menu screen lockpicking of TES IV and V), limit situational awareness (focused on the lock) and leave you in vulnerable, detectable position.

Making individual parametres separate stats is inane, especially if they would realistically be modified by the same attribute. Better option would be having generic lockpicking skill and being able to both upgrade it with knowledge of particular lock types in form of perks (preferably circumstantial - learned from gameworld sources or by examining or dismantling locks - both dependent on int, with examining being much harder) and to upgrade your tools collection by adding new ones or replacing existing ones with higher quality versions. Specific lock types would require specific combinations of tool as well as understanding of given type of lock.

DraQ

Arcane
Who gives a fuck about party-members, just solo the entire game as Sawyer said will be possible and whenever you find NPCs retarded enough to follow you just bring them back there to make them work as bottom bitches.

"Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee."
So you'd sleep as a known atrocious fuck without anyone to watch your back. Yeah, I predict a long life before you.

Johannes

Arcane
But if you would, say, run a brothel staffed with elven slaves in a human city - you'd be a local hero.

It's not like slavehunting and slavery has always been shunned.

And rape of course, is what soldiers routinely do even today.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, I didn't even have time to put up my awesome photochop. :(

vsge38.jpg

GMonkey

Scholar
Hey motherfuckers, try being polite when taking down asshole opinions on the PE forums. We mods are getting fed up with it and warnings are going to start flying around if you don't learn to behave in a civil manner quickly enough. And we certainly don't want you gone in order to influence the development of PE in a good, hardcore way.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Hey motherfuckers, try being polite when taking down asshole opinions on the PE forums. We mods are getting fed up with it and warnings are going to start flying around if you don't learn to behave in a civil manner quickly enough. And we certainly don't want you gone in order to influence the development of PE in a good, hardcore way.

Can you explain which things are not polite? The bagelhead thing was supposed to be fun. Y'all need to lighten the fuck up.

:rpgcodex:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Maybe you guys should have a rules meeting and make your place a little less TRIGGERWARNING.org

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Also, who are you over there so I know. Also: The bagelhead thing was supposed to be fun. Y'all need to lighten the fuck up.

:rpgcodex:

Keshik

Arcane
Damn, thought that weirdo post would have killed the romance thread (course that pansy Merin would have spawned another, I suppose)

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So you don't want us gone but you want to be obedient little puppies.:lol: What you're overlooking is that the good ideas of the Codexers stem from the fact that they're very critical persons, and that kind of critical thinking is created and stimulated by not holding back for the sake of not hurting the feelings of others. Long story short: with the Codexers, it's all or nothing. You either live with it or you start banning.

GMonkey

Scholar
We don't really mind the bagelhead thread, and we are annoyed by Merin too.

Also, we're more than a little cautious with the warning.

@TwinkieGorilla:Wouldn't you want to know. It's not hard to figure out, though.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
GMonkey...

Y'know, back when you guys kept banning me pre-FO:NV I was making some pretty damn good, detailed posts about how FO:3 failed with SPECIAL (and etc) and yet you allowed many of your members to flame and troll me but as soon as I retaliated (not defending, just saying) you'd put me on mod-status. You can't have it both ways. Sorry. Half the shit you've deleted from me was posted in good fun, albeit provocative and or goofy. God forbid people bring a little color to your forum, crissakes.

Keshik

Arcane
I suppose I should try to be cooler though, already have two mods over there that wouldn't mind me gone for piracy comments over the years, heh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom