Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

GMonkey

Scholar
We want critical but polite because this is a company forum.

As for your banning Twinkie, I can't comment because I wasn't responsible for it.

And yes, admitting to piracy is a big no, but if you don't repeat it years after the fact, we aren't dicks about it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

I admit to the drunkposting last night (are you Gorth?) but most of what you've deleted from me has been fairly innocuous, dawg. I don't know about "polite" but definitely not aggressively flaming or anything. I mean, you deleted the Naked Lunch stuff? Come on, man.

GMonkey

Scholar
I haven't deleted a single post of yours, other mods did. I'm not here to justify or defend anything. I just want codexers around the Obsidian forums, to fight the good fight. Less Skyway though, and more Admiral Jimbob.

Keshik

Arcane
I highly doubt that given the OTT raging I've seen on it *shrug*

Anyway, I'm hoping against all reason that when the KS is funded and things get underway the forums will die down.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I highly doubt that given the OTT raging I've seen on it *shrug*

Anyway, I'm hoping against all reason that when the KS is funded and things get underway the forums will die down.

Yeah. That's how it was on the Wasteland Forums. During the KS drive, pure retardo fest. After KS drive, things went (for the most part) back to normal.

GMonkey

Scholar

Here's to that. The Obsidian forums are usually quiet and laid back, outside of the announcement and release of new games.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
All this "this is a company forum" is bullshit. You either stick to that and head towards the Bethstapo and BSN Stanrey Poo's "END OF RINE", or you drop the political correctness schtick and allow people to have intelligent (and offensive) conversations. The Codex was created by refugees coming from places like those described by the first option, and what you're asking for is anathema to many of us.

Keshik

Arcane
I'm sort of doubting it looking at that Order group though, that group seems like they'll be in the forum to stay and go on about things they'd like to see. And hooray for no romance threads for a while.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
All this "this is a company forum" is bullshit. You either stick to that and head towards the Bethstapo and BSN Stanrey Poo's "END OF RINE", or you drop the political correctness schtick and allow people to have intelligent (and offensive) conversations. The Codex was created by refugees coming from places like those described by the first option, and what you're asking for is anathema to many of us.

I think there can be balance between the two; allowing the critical discussion and arguing without going into (too) personal attacks or full retardo.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok. Romance threads gone.

I need a new target. Come at me, bro. What's it going to be?

p.s. whoever posted that birdcage post, bravo.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No man. Other forums just don't work like that. That's why I can't really post anywhere else without getting banned sooner or later. No other place has this freedom to be as offensive as here. It's what makes this place so unique. You might be a horrible troll but if you say something of value once in a while you get to stay, even if you hurt other's feelings.

Try posting like you do here on any other forum. It doesn't work. And no other forum would want to be like that because its reputation would quickly become horrible. I mean prestigious.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
nwziwk.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Retards want to pull a Hepler and excise gameplay from the game, because losing hurts their feelings. We are mean from taking a legitimate way of enjoying games away from them.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No man. Other forums just don't work like that. That's why I can't really post anywhere else without getting banned sooner or later. No other place has this freedom to be as offensive as here. It's what makes this place so unique. You might be a horrible troll but if you say something of value once in a while you get to stay, even if you hurt other's feelings.

Try posting like you do here on any other forum. It doesn't work. And no other forum would want to be like that because its reputation would quickly become horrible. I mean prestigious.
Yes, I know that's how it is, but that doesn't make Codex wrong and the others right. They're wrong and we're right. Also, there are other Codex-like communities out there, but the ones I know are not gaming communities. You will find communities that recognize the right to freedom of speech among people working on open source software or open hardware, hackerspaces, digital rights groups, human rights groups etc. Unfortunately, when it comes to gaming, the gaming community at large has, largely, been taken over by manchildren that consider themselves gamers because they play CoD 4 on Xbox, and this type of people don't understand freedom of speech, or why it is important, until they're thrown in a concentration camp because of something they said, and they may not understand it even then.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Retards want to pull a Hepler and excise gameplay from the game, because losing hurts their feelings. We are mean from taking a legitimate way of enjoying games away from them.

Give me a damn post link or something fuck.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There have always been places where certain behavior is inappropriate. Also, the CoD Xbox kiddies are one of the most vulgar crowd you can come across, so I'm not sure why you bring them up.

This has nothing to do with the gaming community, or freedom of speech rights. It has everything to do with a company run by people not wanting to offend parts of their fan base so they can sell as many copies of their product as possible.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hey motherfuckers, try being polite when taking down asshole opinions on the PE forums. We mods are getting fed up with it and warnings are going to start flying around if you don't learn to behave in a civil manner quickly enough. And we certainly don't want you gone in order to influence the development of PE in a good, hardcore way.

Hey motherfucker, I don't even post on your shitty forum.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Give me a damn post link or something fuck.
No more free rides, jackhole!

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60...r-23m-stretch-goal/page__st__120#entry1211375
So I think asking for a mode that removes combat, or (more likely to be implementable) one that makes combat vanishingly easy is a perfectly valid request. Real time with no pause necessary. Real time with no action on the player's part necessary.

jewboy

Arbiter
I find the whole situation with the romance threads hilarious, but only because there are at least a few codexians over there fighting the good fight. I fear that many of you don't really want to wade into the latrines for fear of getting shit stuck to your shoes and ankles, but it's important. In a way. Well, at least I think so. And bravo to both Twinkie and Infinitron for kicking some serious ass over there. Codexians are definitely in the minority compared to the waves of BioSpawn warping in out of nowhere to beg for every Dragon Age feature they can think of. If Dragon Age has it they want it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom