Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Honestly, what I did Play of Dragon Turd: O, that was written by Gaider was not that bad. Not fucking face plaming retarded shit like Bethesda.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No matter how bad he's at writing, I hate him most for being so self-important and stuck up. His compensation engines are on full throttle to make up for that brow-to-neck forehead.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Dat forum. :eek:

What a bunch of dumbfucks.

indeed. they are a business. they want it to sell. that way they can make more games like this and those can also sell.

Then why the fuck did you donate them your money, you retarded asshole?!

:rage:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Have you actually played Fallout 3?

EDIT: OK Feel The Rds confirmed as Warden's ALT.

I don't know who's Warden, and what does playing Fallout 3 has to do with it? I said I hate him more for his self-importance than for his writing.

jewboy

Arbiter
No fucking way is Gaider going to quit EAware. He seems to have a good gig there and he probably had to sign a non-compete. I respect Gaider for whatever contributions he made to BG2 combat, but that's all. Any writing he may have done for BG2 sucked ass because all the writing in BG2 sucked ass. He has consistently been embarrassing himself ever since BG2. He's an EA drone now and stuck with it. EA has a reputation as being the worst possible company to work for, but he made his bed... I really hope Obsidian doesn't pander to the romance-tards and hire someone who won't puke at the very thought.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
what does playing Fallout 3 has to do with it?

He was implying that indeed, being "not as bad as Bethesda" is kind of an endorsement by default because at least it's not scraping the depths of the bottom of the bottom.

Also: This fucking easy mode thread is insane. Holy shit these people are fucked beyond repair.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60710-just-how-easy-will-easy-be/page__st__180#entry1213416
Obsidian would love nothing more than to get girlfriends and game-hating brothers to buy this type of game.

Seriously, kid?! Is this how fucking smart you are? This is as good as intelligence gets for you? Really?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You've not even seen half of it Twinkie. People have become so fucking retarded, it boggles the mind. All the more reason to fiercly patrol our borders and excorcise with extreme prejudice every retard that rears his ugly head.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, well...the mods and admins definitely have it in for me so my time seems limited. Who knows what fucking post will set them off next. Y'all need to come grab the torch if any of us should fall.

EDIT: I'm so glad I have this place to vent.

:love:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why fight where you cannot win? O.E. is a developer, there is no way their forums won't be overrun by the mongoloid hordes. All they can do is ban everyone that doesn't post rainbows and unicorns, lest they become "controversial." (And we all know that "controversial" is just another word for being a homophobic gay communazi that hates blacks.)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Why fight where you cannot win?

I honestly don't know! Part of it is because I enjoy provoking dumbfucks, another is some sort of OCD which reared its ugly head during the pre-FO3 days and I've never been able to shake.

Grimlorn

Arcane
These people are just so stupid, it's difficult to troll them because they either don't understand the points you're making or they can't pay attention long enough to remember them. They just post the same point over and over, no matter how you insult them. I'd think I was being trolled but there's no way they're smart enough for that.

jewboy

Arbiter
Strangely the mods have been very reasonable with me. It's amazing the stuff I have gotten away with. I really hope you don't get banned, Twinkie. You really are fighting the good fight over there. With a minigun. Kicking ass and taking names. Does your ISP's DHCP server give out new leases easily? I'm not sure what OS you're using but for XP:
1) ipconfig /release
2) unplug cable (from router to ISP if using one) for a while. Maybe overnight if you can.
3) ipconfig /renew if necessary
4) re-register with new IP address.

Or something like that. Might not be worth the hassle though. There's also the chance they don't ban by IP address. However slim.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Oh, trust me dude. I probably had near 50 troll alts at the Bethie boards. I think I even have an active yet dormant account there as we speak. I could circumvent banning or mod status if I wanted. But I'd rather post as "me" if possible.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"im: Modern RPGs avoid real ethical questions and instead focus on storylines with black and white morality. They provide villains who are evil and have no redeeming virtues, and the player is forced to destroy them."

Yeah, because that's really the big issue of modern RPgs compared to oldskool rpgs. The above is such a stupid comment reeking of pathetness. Oldskool rpgs were all about battling the ancient evil or plain evil and no black and hwite. More mordern RPgs aren't nearly as black and white as old skool games ala GB games, Ultimas, m&m, ETC., ETC.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"ALL EA Employee's sign a No-Compete, so Gaider cannot work on this."

Yeah, because we all know that out of the millions of people who have worked for EA NONE of them have ever gone on to work for othe rgame companies? ARE YOU ON FUKKIN' CRACK!?!

Also:

1. Do we even know Gaider has signed any contract with EA? Maybe he had a 10 year deal (unlikely heh) with BIO before the sale that didn't include a no compete clause ('cause he was BIO4LIFE) and that contract still holds now.

2. As above, EA cannot intervere with him making an actual living at his chosen profession - ie. when he quits/gets fired he'd get severance pay if they stopped him (if they could) from getting work.

3. A non compete clause doesn't last forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom