Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Adventurer's Guild.
BAM.

Edit: beaten by infinity bro

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
pe5.jpg

It doesn't look g-OH GOD MULTI-HEADED SNAKES HITTING ASS AND LEG OH GAWD ITS HEAVAN
:mhd:

Shadenuat

Arcane
RPS: Old-school RPGs weren’t perfect. Animations weren’t great, controls were clunky, menus required a billion clicks, numbers were everywhere, etc. How much are you modernizing the old-school template vs reproducing it?

*sigh*

Cynic

Arcane
For fuck's sake it's a drow called Aloth. That must have taken all of 5 seconds to come up with.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Avellone: Yes, we want to examine the dialogue mechanics, and one thing we’re going to do is low-intelligence options – either based on Intelligence or a trait – and have the sequences play out differently according to the player’s intellect. As a narrative designer, I enjoy writing interactions like that, and I had a blast with the stupid options in F2 in Vault City and New Reno.

Pledge increased by all my money.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Low INT dialogue confirmed? Nice. But would a party actually follow someone so dumb? Or maybe they feel sorry for Him/Her.

Nice to see MHD confirmed as well. <3

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But would a party actually follow someone so dumb?

Reminds me of Virgil's rants when he realizes you're dumb. That was hilarious.
I have no idea how the other companions reacted, though, or if you could get others, haven't played too much with low intelligence.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
what is MHD?

They better put another wizard companion in the game who isn't an elf because they suck. :rpgcodex:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...d=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post408184652

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001
00017931.0002.gif

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

FauxGateau posted:
You can find different grimoires in the world, but you have to painstakingly copy down every single spell you know every single time you find a new one. It never occurred to the wizards that they should probably use magic to accomplish this task.

Tomes/grimoires are enchanted objects. Even if there were magic to copy text (there is not), it's not a matter of just having a photocopy of the spell in front of you. The tome essentially acts as a linked spell battery.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001
00017931.0002.gif

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

The root source of power in a tome is the soul of the person who enchanted it, though the initial enchanter is not intrinsically linked to the tome after he or she enchants it.

Not all spells that wizards cast require a tome. Tomes just make the process of casting spells much easier.

Captain Shrek

Low INT dialogue confirmed? Nice. But would a party actually follow someone so dumb? Or maybe they feel sorry for Him/Her.

Nice to see MHD confirmed as well. <3

For one, this is not realistic. I mean this is as realistic as fighting a dragon as a MONK or having turn based combat. It is happening because.. guess what.. IT is a game and you are the player. You are not playing NWN2 as a dumb fighter to learn of Adventures of Sand the over-smart.

Secondly: Because you are the chosen one for most of such games if not all (Even in Fallout, YOU are the chosen one; dumb as you may be).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be honest, I think the reason people will follow you, is because of the "Event" that happens in the early part of the game. You are NOT the Chosen One™, you are now a Victim of Circumstance. Which is fine. And will most likely make sense.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
RockPaperShotgun said:
Why do you stand in the way of progress, you fucking philistines? Were you sleeping under a rock or something? We want movies, not your stupid video games. FUCK, NUMBERS MAKE ME ANGRY!

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Those artworks are terrible.

First, Cunegund wearing boob plate armor. I guess she was a canonical "human warrior" character.

Then, a really original one. Drow Alo(l)th, wielder of purple gay magick, summoning MULTI HEADED DICK SNAKES (...). Likely a warlock, because warlocks deal with gay magic since forever.

cc_20050629_Warlock.jpg

(Korvin Longkutz, official DnD warlock)

I wonder what will be next. Maybe they will reach a peak of creativity and make a cobold bard Deekin. (an army of Skyrimdrones wanted a scalefag race, btw)

Captain Shrek

To be honest, I think the reason people will follow you, is because of the "Event" that happens in the early part of the game. You are NOT the Chosen One™, you are now a Victim of Circumstance. Which is fine. And will most likely make sense.

Victim of circumstance = = Chosen by stars of luck. (spell check is not working for me x-( )

I would really like to play the game where you HAVE to take initiative to choose a side. FNV was one game that did this really well.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Victim of circumstance = = Chosen by stars of luck. (spell check is not working for me x-( )

I would really like to play the game where you HAVE to take initiative to choose a side. FNV was one game that did this really well.

Their explicit mentioning of Factions in this game leads me to believe we will more than likely be siding with one or more. And the consequences there of, hopefully.

Captain Shrek

Their explicit mentioning of Factions in this game leads me to believe we will more than likely be siding with one or more. And the consequences there of, hopefully.
Amen to that.

EDIT: make a thread on the board.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom