Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Nigro

Educated
takes a special kind of stroll to lurk for 3 years, then start to post

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Characters will be 3D. What's the problem with making camera angles a bit different?

This is like a pre pre alpha. The perspective is not set in stone. Hell it will go through numerous iterations. Especially once combat is fully implemented.

Cynic

Arcane
Was that Kult game any good? I never heard of it before and just watched some on YouTube, looks alright. Can't seem to find it on GOG though...Pirate Bay exclusive?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That waterfall is supposed to be animated? I'm not going to get this anyway (not TB).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Neverwinter Nights looks so much worst than the screenshot its laughable"

NWN is a fukkin' 10 year old game you fucknut.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I didn't hate the IE games. I said that i wasn't going to buy it because it's not TB. We are in a new age, where perfection is a bit more in reach. I upgraded my standards

MCA
Bros and
race_title.png
s, lend me some support here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61350-camera-scene-rotation-backgrounds-in-multiple-resolutions/

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Was that Kult game any good? I never heard of it before and just watched some on YouTube, looks alright. Can't seem to find it on GOG though...Pirate Bay exclusive?

It was pretty decent game, action oriented but with more dialogs and quests then most other ARPG-s, nothing special but worth a playthrough.

Cynic

Arcane

It was pretty decent game, action oriented but with more dialogs and quests then most other ARPG-s, nothing special but worth a playthrough.

How can I get this? It's not on GOG or Steam (is it?), must I pirate to play?

MCA
I really don't care to get bogged down in this. The shot reminds me of Kult for the reasons I posted -- if you want an angle comparison in screenshots then the beginning area of Kult also has that strange "camera too low" perspective.

The Kult shot I posted seems Dimetric, and other shots of Kult seem completely different (Canyon, city, interiors, etc.)-- it seems they didn't care enough to keep things consistent, and I don't really care to investigate that decision past that I liked how the game looked. Regardless, they both have that look where it seems the camera is at a low angle. There, my defense of my "looks like Kult" comment is complete.

Orthographic is the governing term for these types of parallel projections used in games.[/quote]

The projected grid over the PE shot doesn't quite line up. There's no clear tiling to reference to draw the lines, the closest being perhaps the center of the bridge itself -- and your lines are not parallel to that, they seem more parallel to the side-view of the bricks. Perhaps I just don't understand enough about projections tho.

If you look closely, you will notice that the surface on the bridge isn't flat. It's slightly curved, as can be evidenced by the middle line on the bridge seeming to go sideways. So the reference more or less grid lines up with the assume direction.

Fuck all that, I don't want to join a multi-page argument over whether a single screenshot is sufficiently angled enough in one of three directions to be bothered about. It looks great, and if the actual in-game areas look like that and the game plays fine I'll be content. My guess is they're not going to use a completely stupid angle because unlike NWN 2 they have a fixed camera like IWD and IWD 2 for which I am not worried. [/quote]

Characters will be 3D. What's the problem with making camera angles a bit different? Final Fantasy even went all insane on it, changing perspective drastically like in adventure games.

I'm all for different angles per different locations,

Cynic

Arcane
VotS bro...I...I think you need to chill...I mean I get rage, I LOVE rage, but shit bro...fuck...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"l. They however made NO sense in the story/plot (remember, you are trying to find your half-sister Imoen)."

What? that's not the plot I remember? I remmeber plot of getting enough power to get revenge at the bastard mage that kidnapped and raped, and stole my soul. FUCK HIM FUCK IMOEN AND FUCK YOU!

"Neverwinter Nights looks worse than Baldur's Gate "

No. No, it didn't. Onyl morans actually believe that bullshit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No. No, it didn't. Onyl morans actually believe that bullshit.

It's not about believing. It's about wiping Bioware's cum from your eyes so you can actually see.

Tomb Raider 1 looks better than NWN.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nice to see Paladins and Chanters are in now, and we are half way through to getting George if you take the PayPal money into consideration. Will be interesting to see how far we can get with the pledges. I think Strongholds are attainable, but I have my doubts about the new city. Then again, Obsidian has proved me wrong in the past with their updates, so who knows? Small miracles seem to be happening here and there so I guess anything could be possible at this point.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Most of these kickstarters tend to explode towards the end, bringing in a shitload of late backers, it'll be the same here. They will most definitely get 3,5m.

catfood

AGAIN
There's no way this is going to reach 3.5 mil in just 4 days, but the 3 mil mark is definitely reachable. By the end of this campaign the game will have recieved total donations somewhere between DFA and WL2, which would be something like 3.1 mil, which is ok I guess. I really would have liked a second city, but hey, maybe the game will actually do good saleswise and we'll be able to see it in an expansion pack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom