Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Every ****ing character development must have --romance in it! Or it's not deep!

Actually yes, cause love - is one of the core emotional things in this world. Only 'foreveralone' guys don't understand this.

Kill "Mrakvampire".
I concur, that person is a moron of the highest order.

:mob:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I honestly haven't heard about in-combat regen, I always assumed it'd be out of combat regen after encounters ala Darklands, or during travel, etc. Guess I'll be googling for the right Sawyer interview then. In the meantime, I can always risk making SAN my dump stat fight the good fight regarding romance.

Just ask Infinitron to link you.

I link him to Roguey.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Romances/Love/Sex/Frienships i hope they are in the game.
Personaly remebering my life a good chunk of my motivation to do **** was to get leid!
Even now with my girldfried still a lot of my motivation is keep geting leid with her. I love her and i want to make her hapy, i want her to be wel, etc.
And every time i have done something i didnt want to do outside work was because a Friend wanted me to do it. Romance or friendship is part of life, in story driven games with motivations, love, sex and friendship is a grate way to motivate the character to do stuff.

A love story withing the game is a good way to make the pc do stuff.
The stakes in the world are done from your bonds in the wolrd, if you dont have bonds you dont care about the world. And that feels wrong. A Story driven with i dont want to die like in NWN2 its not realy that compeling.

For example you find a companion that lost everithing they had in the world and wants to die in combat, so its a crazy companion later he becames your friend and then he decides helping you is a motivation to keep on living, and then he decides that he deoes not want to die in battle at lest not untill he helps you. Then during the curse of the game he finds more reasons to keep living, etc.

I want a deep story in the game, not just the plot but the motivation of each character, their story, all need to be deep and real.
If you dont want that you are in luck with the Hall of companions or what ever is called. Create your own companions with no story a la IWD.

piydek

Cipher
Joined Obsidian forums to try and fight the good fight now and then. I know it's going to be difficult though. I really have very low stamina for discussing with dumbfucks nowadays. I'm not young anymore bros.

Arkeus

Arcane
I honestly haven't heard about in-combat regen, I always assumed it'd be out of combat regen after encounters ala Darklands, or during travel, etc. Guess I'll be googling for the right Sawyer interview then. In the meantime, I can always risk making SAN my dump stat fight the good fight regarding romance.

Just ask Infinitron to link you.
Depends what you mean by regen- Sawyer did say that there were some 'stamina restoration' "abilities" available to characters:
J.E. Sawyer, on 15 October 2012 - 10:06 PM, said: I have to say I honestly did not expect this to be confusing to anyone. Here's an example. Bob the Fighter has 32 Stamina and 30 Health. He gets hit by a number of attacks that subtract 25 Stamina and 5 health (leaving him with 8 Stamina and 25 Health). He is a fighter, so he chooses to use one of his abilities to regenerate Stamina. He does this and quickly bounces from 8 Stamina to 15. Unfortunately, he gets smacked again for 20 Stamina and 4 Health. He is knocked out (effectively 0 Stamina) and at 21 Health. The guys who knocked him out move to other targets.

Francine the priest casts restore stamina on Bob when combat is over. He recovers to full Stamina quickly, but is still at 21 Health. Depending on how the next few fights go, they will either have to retreat to rest or find a safe resting spot up ahead.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I dare you to ask from any war veterans if they felt any emotions for their comrades and was it deep as the feelings for their wives/girlfriends/etc.

I cant wait what they reply to this :D

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Personaly remebering my life a good chunk of my motivation to do **** was to get leid!
Even now with my girldfried still a lot of my motivation is keep geting leid with her. I love her and i want to make her hapy, i want her to be wel, etc.

:lol: These people are incredible. I like how this last sentence is related to the preceding one.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Jaesun brofists this.

Is that a confession?
I hope so. Though he could've just brofisted the use of the word 'faggots'.

:thumbsup:

But I see plenty of Mrakvampire's type on the BSN as genuine posters, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was serious too.

Shevek

Arcane
Seems kinda difficult to judge the whole Stamina/Health thing until more is known about the Health side and rest in general. I would assume low health should probably impact maximum stamina as well (if not, it should). This could all work out fairly well if implemented correctly. Rest would need to be very limited. If it is, they may end up creating a system decidedly less forgiving than the IE games (especially on Expert, where stamina loss would certainly lead to death).

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Rahelron:
It seems to me that what the "no romances" party argues is:

"Romance ruins characters and makes everyone less interesting".

Do you really think so? I agree with you that romance-centered dialogues look pretty much all the same unless the writer is really good, which sometimes happens in book novels, but almost never in videogames. But characters are not necessarly restricted to a single romance story-arc. They can have their personal plot too. It's what happened in DA2 with all the 5 romance-able characters (pretty much the only thing that Bioware did right with that title). Merrill, for example, can be romanced, but at the same time has her personal story involving her clan and the Eluvian mirror.

DA2 did it right?! What the fuuuuuuck?! :mob:

Arkeus

Arcane
DA2 did it better than DA:O. I wouldn't say 'right' though, as there was still some very annoying things (most companions love you!), but at least it was possible to go into pure friendship with everyone, and there were some companions who nope'd any attempt at romance.

Pegultagol

Erudite
The influx of Obsidian dolts will serve as very admirable and appropriate references for how Obsidian will write and characterize their INT 1 character.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The influx of Obsidian dolts will serve as very admirable and appropriate references for how Obsidian will write and characterize their INT 1 character.

:drink:

Obsidian should have romances. But all the dialog should be written as 1 INT dialog. For both the PC and NPCs.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61640-lets-talk-about-easter-eggs/page__st__20#entry1246867

As soon as the female employees of Obsidian were visible in the webcam, the chat exploded with sexist remarks. "Green Shirt" was apparently the favorite of most male virgins. But Obsidian handled it well and everyone seemed to have fun nevertheless.

All of the people commenting on that lass yesterday are male virgins and sexists, you heard it right there bros.

inb4 Roguey.

Still, many of the comments were neckbeard virgin territory. So I guess he's (she's) at least half right. Chat was full of shit regardless of whether it was "sexist" or not.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61640-lets-talk-about-easter-eggs/page__st__20#entry1246867

As soon as the female employees of Obsidian were visible in the webcam, the chat exploded with sexist remarks. "Green Shirt" was apparently the favorite of most male virgins. But Obsidian handled it well and everyone seemed to have fun nevertheless.

All of the people commenting on that lass yesterday are male virgins and sexists, you heard it right there bros.
Let's be perfectly honest, the comments in the chat were shit. And I would not describe Obsidian's going along with it as handing it well, but whatever.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61640-lets-talk-about-easter-eggs/page__st__40#entry1246981

I logged into that stream for five minutes. I read IRC messages galore of pathetic adolescents throwing unwarranted sexually inappropriate comments towards all female Obsidian employees (visible, of course, for everybody in that room and all the 1450+ people logged on to the stream), with practically no-one speaking out against that, I saw a bunch of people sitting around on couches and not doing much and I saw people downing shots of (presumably) hard liquor (accompagnied by shouts of encouragment by the rest of the staff) in front of small children.

It was one of the most depressing things I've seen on the internet so far. If anything, it decreased my respect for the people at Obisidian and vastly decreased my respect for its fanbase.

:retarded:

7.jpg

Why am I even reading that forum..

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I wonder if they'll add cameo's from their own games though. With all this Biodrone Minsc talk you might start to wonder if Kreia pops up somewhere in a tavern.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom