Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just a nice little snippet from Kickstarter:

JC Stefansson 23 minutes ago

I do think a co-operative multiplayer feature would be a nice stretch goal. I personally like the idea of a house, but what good is it if I can't have my friends over to see how much better mine is than theirs?

supreme :retarded:
It's like these people are too repressed IRL to act out their inner desires so they play dress up and show with their friends in video games instead, because at least that way it will appear less queer. Only not.

Shadenuat

Arcane
And what about " lots of muscles and hot guys- kind of romance" option for girls???
tongue.png
I just want to play female character with harem of hot guys in my team XD

I really liked BG2 romance with Anomen - you could treat him badly (why there is always ass-kissing involved when you want to have romance in RPGs?) and still have romance with him.

Uhuh... huh?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, last time I looked at that poll "None of the above" was winning :decline:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I think he can do this and succeed but I think his best bet is to essentially reproduce the straight-forward design essence of a game like Icewind dale.
You're delusional. It's clearly not going to be an Icewind Dale and they are clearly going to try more "mature" things than they've ever done. Have you even listened to the words they said?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Help me out bros, this shit is rotting my brain. I just had a conversation with someone who would like to abolish stats because it limits her ability to express herself. I need to lie down.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
If you want to roleplay a brute, why should the system arbitrarily prevent you from doing that? I've played BG2 runs where my stats were modded to they're max, because if I want to play a demigod I should be able to. The restriction of the game engine aside, why does the game have to hold your hand? Are you scared that you won't stick to the character you're roleplaying just because the option is there? It boggles my mind that people want restrictions.
I want a roleplaying game that is more open, not more restricted.

o______________________o

kris

Arcane
Just a nice little snippet from Kickstarter:

JC Stefansson 23 minutes ago

I do think a co-operative multiplayer feature would be a nice stretch goal. I personally like the idea of a house, but what good is it if I can't have my friends over to see how much better mine is than theirs?

Jenny Caroline Stefansson? I mean that sounds like the wants for a normal 9 year old girl.

Project: Eternity
I remember seeing this aversion to "limitations" from stats and such before, on a memorable long thread in the Bethesda forums (I gave up on the place very shortly afterwards). Some people really do just want to play some sort of demigod that can become the master of all guilds and de-facto invincible and don't see how that makes any attempt by devs to make a world even remotely believable completely pointless. They WANT to LARP a superhuman. I'm not sure how much overlap there is with the kind of goofs that "roleplay" in Oblivion by making sure they eat regularly even though that does absolutely nothing most of the time game mechanics-wise.

Anyone is free to larp a godlike being if they feel like so, just turn on the console and jack up your stats. It's this selfish "Everyone should be allowed to do everything without any difficulty because that's how I like to play" retardation that is annoying.

Help me out bros, this shit is rotting my brain. I just had a conversation with someone who would like to abolish stats because it limits her ability to express herself. I need to lie down.

You know everything is shit when the safe place you chose to lie down and recover your sanity is an appalingly ignorant gathering place for hateful ciscentered rape culture enablers.

Project: Eternity
It does influence the devs though when they realize the majority of players don't care for checks in the fighter guild storyline that you actually have some fighter skills. Why spend time on that which could be better used on AEWSUM cutscenes and shit, so the game becomes more stupid automatically for those who might expect an at least vaguely rational game world being simulated.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Anyone suggested a Heart of Fury-like mode yet? If not, maybe someone who's not so prone to raging as I am can go on those forums and do it? If the W2 forums made me rage hard, I imagine that those will cause permanent damage.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone suggested a Heart of Fury-like mode yet? If not, maybe someone who's not so prone to raging as I am can go on those forums and do it? If the W2 forums made me rage hard, I imagine that those will cause permanent damage.

Yes, on Josh's Formspring.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
From what I've seen, you're not even banned, you're just on mod status. You can still post just fine.

Standard procedure is if you post without being an arse for a little while, we get rid of that too.

Aw, come on, dude. ModStatus is bullshit. By the time you 'tards get around to "approving" my post the thread's already pages ahead and nobody fucking sees what you posted. Just take me off that shit and if I fuck up then I give you my word you can ban me permanently and I'll never say peep about it again.

:greatjob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom