Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
some retard said:
Okay, so your saying that games like Fire Emblem for the 3DS and Harvest Moon and all that are 'boddice rippers' as you so eloquintly put it should take out the romance options despite being a big factor in it? Fire Emblem has as well for the 3DS since the inclusion of My Unit and the generations with romance options been the highest selling one to date.

What? You want a game where it will stroke your ego and your the hero and everyone sings your praises and everyone idolizes you and no 'true' love? Awww, does someone have attention issues?

Romance is everywhere, romance inspires, romance ALSO has a dark side; ie, jealousy, obsession and all that which could add a whole LOT to a game.

I believe the game will most likely have one.
I... I just down know, man. Harvest Moon. What?

If not for the prohibition I would go buy a bottle of rum.

Shadenuat

Arcane
For someone who lived at Bioboards for years, Sylvius the Mad is the most Sane of people who dwell there, imo. Sometimes he does goes overboard with overanalyzing stuff though...

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I was just thinking.

They're not self publishing are they? Is that why they can't rule out DRM?

That means... it'll probably be an RPG with consoles in mind like Dungeon Siege 3?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doesn't give me a picture of what the game they are going to make.

You could list the RPG elements of Oblivion in the same way and it still wouldn't tell you what the game really is.

I guess. What it comes down to at this point is how much can you trust Todd and his merry band of chucklefucks and how much can you trust Sawyer & Co. to deliver on these promises. I have already made my choice.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
brofist.png
FNTVc.gif
brofist.png

Gozma

Arcane
The player witnesses an extraordinary and horrific supernatural event that thrusts them into a unique and difficult circumstance. Burdened with the consequences of this event, the player has to investigate what has happened in order to free themselves from the restless forces that follow and haunt them wherever they go.

I blame Feargussssss

Edit: seriously your kickstarter is supposed to be the game you have dreamed you could make for the last ten years that ignites your passions not the dogged insecure workmanship project

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For someone who lived at Bioboards for years, Sylvius the Mad is the most Sane of people who dwell there, imo. Sometimes he does goes overboard with overanalyzing stuff though...
His many LARPing stories scare me. I can't imagine why anyone would want to play RPGs the way he does.

Stinger

Arcane
It says plenty, it gives us the premise, the number of companions for the party, an idea of the type of races involved and how they will be executed, and a vague idea of the extent of character customisation. At this stage that's quite a lot to hear, and all of that sounds great honestly.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's interesting how Eternity now has more backers then Shadowrun Returns did, yet the money raised is lower by some hundreds of thousands. And this is despite the fact that SR was $15 and DE is is $20/now-$25. Is it because SR showed up during the height of Kickstarter fever or were their higher-tier rewards more appealing? Both?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom