Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Owlcat's next game is a turn-based Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader RPG

Zeriel

Arcane
This shit looks so awful, I'm shocked to see so many people here liking it. I suppose if you throw the WH40K logo on any piece of pozzed trash people will love it?

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
This shit looks so awful, I'm shocked to see so people here liking it. I suppose if you throw the WH40K logo on any piece of pozzed trash people will love it?

gameblur-encased-header.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
Cool, I'm interested. Would be my first WH40K game anything. Though not in a hurry, haven't played Wrath yet.

Comming to PC and consoles. Full artwork:
8Wc5Rmb.png
Lol, it looks like cover art for some pathinder pazio module
Yeah, it does look a lot like a reskin of the PF covers. I get that you'd keep roughly the same composition from Kingmaker to Wrath, but something new would've been a good idea here.

GreyViper

Prophet
Ill take Owlcat over nu Bioware every day, would have been interesting to see Obsidians take on this, but maybe its for the best we did not. Currently, no expectations, hope for the best and expect the worst.

dacencora

What is this faggotry? This is no Rogue Trader!

This is Rogue Trader

jfSxX5t.png

tBaLDdf.png

APaDTtW.png

OwFXy9L.png

UacKDaX.png
Man the aesthetic of old school Warhammer stuff is always so cool. I like the new stuff too, generally speaking, but there’s a distinctive charm to 80s era Warhammer (40k and WHFB) that I really dig. It would be cool to see a video game made in this sketch-book black and white style.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Cool, I'm interested. Would be my first WH40K game anything. Though not in a hurry, haven't played Wrath yet.

Comming to PC and consoles. Full artwork:
8Wc5Rmb.png
Lol, it looks like cover art for some pathinder pazio module
Yeah, it does look a lot like a reskin of the PF covers. I get that you'd keep roughly the same composition from Kingmaker to Wrath, but something new would've been a good idea here.
It is not just composition, it is the same colour palette, the same style (lacking details and focusing most on character in the middle), characters looks...similar to those two pathfinder games.
Official Wh 40k art looks a bit like a b-class military oil paintings, which is great. This looks like forgettable mobile game art you can buy for 200 euro.
But I can handle that if the gameplay is good. BTW in game graphics looks worse than this art but is is early alpha demo, I suppose.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
BTW in game graphics looks worse than this art but is is early alpha demo, I suppose.

When Owlcats were first moving from Kingmaker to Wrath, the Wrath in game graphics were identical to Kingmaker. By the time they were finished, Wrath's in game graphics were significantly improved from Kingmaker, the Kingmaker stuff were placeholders to get everything up and running more quickly. It looks like they've done a similar thing now with Wrath's graphics for Rogue Trader.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I respect the sheer "we'll make whatever the fuck we want and somehow convince some fellas to sign us over their IP" attitude behind this.

Shin

Cipher
So after the Kingdom stuff in Kingmaker and the Crusade stuff in WotR, what is Rogue Trader going to have as time-wasting side content?

I'd come up with a funny example myself, but it's rather late and I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
So after the Kingdom stuff in Kingmaker and the Crusade stuff in WotR, what is Rogue Trader going to have as time-wasting side content?

I'd come up with a funny example myself, but it's rather late and I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

Ship management I'd wager

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
except for... whole cosmos, spaceships, lazers and insignia thing?
None of the visuals or artwork even barely resemble 40k here.

It looks like one of those cheap knockoff games that get developed for mobile, only thing missing is the title "Battleaxe 300".

jac8awol

Arbiter

Trade. I mean it has to be trade, right? It's in the name. Resource trading economy mini-game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom