Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
all i know about digimon is from this old pic
9s66um2k9gr61.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
Also re temtem, classic example of english narcissist discovering other languages exist.

And by other languages, just german and french. Poor dudes head will explode when he realises english is the only language where gender neutral wording can work (albeit poorly) so by making out those 2 languages as exceptional he just proudly broadcasts his lack of worldly knowledge like a beacon of ignorance.

Is it? I've heard others similar to English are Turkish and Mandarin.

It was pointed out as a critique of the very foundations of this neutral wording, that somehow making language gender neutral will reduce or eliminate sexism and discrimination by pointing out how those languages had no effect on two of the most historically sexist and discriminatory societies in history.

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Also, you're thinking small. Digimon is (or used to be) about OVERKILL!
Digimon is probably the worst handled franchise in history. It basically makes it's self and STILL Bandai fuck it up. The TCG was one of the biggest ever and they power crept it into being yugioh lite. Just fucking neck yourself Bandai.

87-bombernanimon.jpg

Too hardcore for the USA.

Later in the episode he shoots two of his soldiers in the face for being incompetent, so it's not just for show either.

And that is why one should never buy EA(both early access and electronic arts) games.
The label is too vague and you have a big variation in quality (Slay the Spire already had many fans during the EA period), so I'd say don't buy unless

1) you like what's already there and are willing to bet the developer won't change it radically
2) are willing to be a paying playtester, as a consequence of 1
3) want to support the developer, also as as a consequence of 1

Lots of people see EA as a regular game at a discount and get burned. Doesn't help that the devs encourage this thinking ("the price will raise in a month") but they have to be competitive I guess.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
What’s funny is even as an early access title Palworld is still vastly superior to any Pokémon game released in over a decade, and far less bug-ridden than Scarlet and Violet.

As someone who never got into Ark or other survival games much it’s a pleasant surprise how good the gameplay loop is in Palworld. It doesn’t get boring.

Self-Ejected
The game is good and fun that is what it matters in the end. While Nintendo keep releasing watered down pokemon games and nintendrones keep slurping their sludge at the spoonfull this guys made a game that is actually a blast to play with. The game as it is already proved to be amazing i can't wait for the future.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

They forgot convicted rapist in his list of titles.

Chris wasn't convicted of raping his mother.

In August 2023, Chris's incest charge was dismissed as a result of David Heilberg having filed for an autism disorder deferred disposition a year prior.
He's too autistic to be charged with fucking his mother. He denies having done it but who knows.

Finding boss battles in this game is way too fucking hard. The map is massive and there's no way to move quickly. I found the Erdtree and tried to get to it but there was a barrier. Not sure if end game or edge of world.

Found a nature reserve. Pulled out a pistol and started shooting. As long as you're on a flying Pal you don't count as being a criminal. Caught 3 mermaid faggot pokemon knock offs.

Highly recommend you set up a second/third base in an outcrop of Ore. There's some areas with like 6 ore spots. Check in every so often and get more. It's become a real bottle neck and it's annoying.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I found 3 boss towers within an hour or two of flying around on Nitewing exploring the map. There’s a major difficulty spike from Zoe and Grizzbolt to the rest of them. I beat Lily and Lyleen at level 30 and the others are for around level 40+

pmnw

Literate
Feeling dissonant about this game. It is very joyful to think of those guys as agents of heavens teaching the Big Dev some humility, but I dislike the theme of enslaving and killing the little ones. Makes me think of real animool cruelty which I cannot stand.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I found 3 boss towers within an hour or two of flying around on Nitewing exploring the map. There’s a major difficulty spike from Zoe and Grizzbolt to the rest of them. I beat Lily and Lyleen at level 30 and the others are for around level 40+
I've found 2. Mostly because I don't like flying. It spoils the world if you just glide over it and ignore everything.

Mauman

Learned
I've found 2. Mostly because I don't like flying. It spoils the world if you just glide over it and ignore everything.
Oof, you're missing out. It's a rather fine sight when you jump on that first nightwing and just take in the world below you.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Oof, you're missing out. It's a rather fine sight when you jump on that first nightwing and just take in the world below you.
I still use it. It's just not as fun to me. Getting on your Alpaca and running past all the Pals and seeing them in the wild is one of the best bits of the game. Getting on a bird and flying to the orange/green spots isn't as fun.

Artyoan

Arbiter
I still use it. It's just not as fun to me. Getting on your Alpaca and running past all the Pals and seeing them in the wild is one of the best bits of the game. Getting on a bird and flying to the orange/green spots isn't as fun.
Very much agreed. The game loses some of its appeal after gaining a flying Pal. It is an upgrade that renders terrain irrelevant. For open world travel, it too severely undermines the world itself in favor of efficiency. Everything becomes a straight line. Navigating terrain with climbing and the glider is quite a bit more appealing.

I'm going to leave some meat on the bone and stop playing at the 40 hour mark. I'm impressed with the game overall, so I'll give it another check in a year or two after some patches.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I'm going to leave some meat on the bone and stop playing at the 40 hour mark. I'm impressed with the game overall, so I'll give it another check in a year or two after some patches.
What do you think needs patching in? IMO there's 2 things I want but I can already mod those in but they're instant building/crafting and fast travel from any where. It already feels pretty finished to me. I've noticed the game gets less stable the longer you play a save file. I hope it's not like Fallout 3 where saves can get too big to manage.

What pals do you have traveling with you? I've got a Kingpaca I'm quite fond of for belly flopping bosses. A chillet cause Furrets a cool design, some fire bird which kept my ass alive in the winter area and an electric version of the giant panda.

Artyoan

Arbiter
What do you think needs patching in? IMO there's 2 things I want but I can already mod those in but they're instant building/crafting and fast travel from any where. It already feels pretty finished to me. I've noticed the game gets less stable the longer you play a save file. I hope it's not like Fallout 3 where saves can get too big to manage.

What pals do you have traveling with you? I've got a Kingpaca I'm quite fond of for belly flopping bosses. A chillet cause Furrets a cool design, some fire bird which kept my ass alive in the winter area and an electric version of the giant panda.
My top things I'd like to see officially patched in are:
-improved pathing for both Pals and enemy raids
-much more extensive structure building pieces and pathing for Pals that can accommodate multiple floors well
-weather events like storms that also bring out rare Pals
-some more customization on where Pals should place certain time sensitive items like food/milk, such as specifying that milk be put in my small cooler and not in the food tray
-the cooler should charge up like the electric power source does where it gets bars of how long it lasts til it needs another cooling
-some changes to carry weight so that over carrying doesn't stop the player entirely unless they have over double their carry weight, just make them walk if overburdened

Can't remember the names for shit but I had a firefox for the flame thrower thing. When raids occurred they would bunch up and that was excellent for mowing them down if/when the pathing broke on the enemies. I had a pikachu type creature that I ended up subbing out for an electric unicorn I could ride. I had one flying fire/dark (nitewing?) mount. The other slots I switched around a lot. At the end I had a big chimera looking thing and a dark creature that gave life leech on hits.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It is pretty fucked up that you can feed a pal's friends to them though.

Can you do that with the humans too?

Truly, this is 3d rimworld.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom