Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

Twitter is for faggots. Why would you listen to any one there?

Do the bonfire guys matter at all? A dudes like "At night a huge monster comes and eats humans!" and I waited and.. no fucking monster appeared. Ran around to mix up spawns, no fucking monster.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Two tips:
1. If you're moving massive amounts of weight between bases then load it all up on yourself, use the grappling gun to move to the pal stations, fast travel, then dump it for the pals to pick up.
2. If you have a wood house, it can burn down. If even one wall lights up, it spreads rapidly. Too fast for water Pals to put out. I found this out the hard way.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
8 Mill sales on Steam now. Which means it's sold better than Pokemon Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. Assuming Xbox has similar numbers Pal world could be rivaling the top 10 selling pokemon games at this point. Fucking ridiculous but great. Rumours are there's 2 mil playing on Xbox consoles. Bets are going out on 10 mil on Steam this weekend.

Servers have unfiltered chat. Lots of people saying nigger. Might have to get into multiplayer.. I was going to do everything solo before I did but why not?

Well I called it.
1706151713442529.jpg

1706152041662184.png

PsihoKekec

Novice
Am I the only one who misses the good old times when PETA could convince stupid young women to get naked for their protests? Just another sign of overall decline I guess.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
1706194600265672.png

1706191307210176.jpg

1706194600265672.png

They/them trannies are getting into the mix now lol.

Any one of you groomers into twitter or want to go into /v/ and dig up all the trannies going "LOOK! POKEMON AND PALWORLD HAVE AN EMPEROR THEMED PENGUIN!" can fill the thread with that shit. I find the Temtem dev's being mocked funny but there's so much seething to record if you want to put in the effort.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Palworld feels like some grand cosmic evil that's finally arrived to consume a lame decadent community that's been floundering for decades, a decaying atrophied harbinger of its inexorable coming.

Though I've always been a glass half full person.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Also re temtem, classic example of english narcissist discovering other languages exist.

And by other languages, just german and french. Poor dudes head will explode when he realises english is the only language where gender neutral wording can work (albeit poorly) so by making out those 2 languages as exceptional he just proudly broadcasts his lack of worldly knowledge like a beacon of ignorance.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
This might be the most effective viral marketing ive ever seen for a game, gj salty thrash devs and journos.
They spent their money on Asian trade shows and then big streamers. They knew they had a hit and just needed to get it in the public eye. Pokemon with guns self it's self

cpmartins

Cipher
1706194600265672.png

1706191307210176.jpg

1706194600265672.png

They/them trannies are getting into the mix now lol.

Any one of you groomers into twitter or want to go into /v/ and dig up all the trannies going "LOOK! POKEMON AND PALWORLD HAVE AN EMPEROR THEMED PENGUIN!" can fill the thread with that shit. I find the Temtem dev's being mocked funny but there's so much seething to record if you want to put in the effort.
At least give us a link dude. If I have to try and navigate twitter I might go insane.

The brazilian scene on this game is no doubt the best one in the world, because "Pal" in portuguese means "dick"(it's actually with an "u" but it sounds the same). I'm having fun watching people playing it or talking about the game coming up with all sorts of puns.

"Lately I've been feeling like a slut, all I think about is Pal".

"I just grabbed my first pal"

"That's the biggest pal I've ever seen"

"I've been riding pal all day long"

"I've been taking a lot of Pal fluid"

"It's so fun grabbing pals with friends"
pal-6-1.jpg

Achievement: Grabbed the pal for the first time

pal-7-1.jpg

Wooden gate that allows for passage of bigger pals

pal-5-1.jpg

Small pal soul

also, from that thread

Here's an article focused on the development of Palworld in the words of Pocketpair's CEO, "the existence of Palworld is a miracle, more specifically 6 miracles" - their development journey is crazy, they did "everything wrong" according to industry standards and game and software development processes, and that's what's so inspiring: https://note.com/pocketpair/n/n54f674cccc40

Main points I took from the article:

-It's the studio's sixth game.

-Just as their game Craftopia is in Unity, Palworld was also being developed in Unity. The opportunity arose to hire a tech lead with 10 years' experience, but this tech lead only knows UE and demanded UE. The game was then migrated from scratch to Unreal Engine just to please and hire this tech lead.

-The migration led to losing almost all the assets (except the 3D meshes) and losing ALL the programmed systems, they started from scratch and everyone had to re-learn everything (note: I know Unity, UE, Godot and others, but I already have 30+ years of experience with dozens of languages, including C#, C++, etc, so when I switch engines I only need to re-learn the engine-specific ones, and even then it's a pain in the ass and EVERYTHING TAKES A LONG TIME to migrate. Now, think about their case, they had to learn UE and C++ from scratch, ALL OF THEM).

-The whole of Craftopia was created using only assets of all kinds bought from the Unity Asset Store (models, animations, textures). Palworld was the first game where they created assets - until halfway through the game's development they didn't know what a "rig" (3D model skeleton) was and had never animated anything.

-The first Pal took 1 month to model, which would have taken 100 months to create the 100 Pals/creatures, and that could have been the end of the game, it would have taken too long. Finally, they hired an artist.

-They hired a 20-year-old guy who worked in a market (organizing shelves?), and as a hobbyist made videos of FPS gun movements, and this contributed to Palworld having good gun animations.

-They turned down a very young artist and a year later she insisted again and was hired. Thanks to her, they managed to create 100 Pals concepts in record time.

-The CEO was responsible for optimizing the game's C++ code himself a few days before launch.

-The studio has only ONE network person, who is responsible for the entire online part of the game, and for the 1M+ concurrent players. He's 24 years old. (I'm also proud of this because I'm also responsible for billions of pieces of data and a gigantic backend, and I'm the only one on the team in this regard - the company actually has 2 devs, me on the backend and another on the frontend) - small, lean teams are much more effective and efficient than large teams.

-The game was made without a set budget and without finances under control, the motto was "develop to release or go broke" - they used all the funds from the 600,000 copies of Craftopia sold. And in the worst case, they would "borrow money from the bank".

I haven't picked up Palworld yet, but I really liked Craftopia. I had already recognized almost all of Craftopia's assets, as I've been using Unity since 2010 and know the Asset Store well, and yet it's amazing how they've created something very original by bringing together a bunch of different systems.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
The furries are really fucking creepy when you meet them in game. They move really predatory and it's unsettling. I don't get how any one would want to fuck them.

Is there a way to speed up crafting time? It adds nothing to the game to hold X for 30 seconds per sphere when I could skip the busy work and go out hunting now.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
The furries are really fucking creepy when you meet them in game. They move really predatory and it's unsettling. I don't get how any one would want to fuck them.

Is there a way to speed up crafting time? It adds nothing to the game to hold X for 30 seconds per sphere when I could skip the busy work and go out hunting now.
You get your pals to craft for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom