Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is there any build that works with Scion better than other classes? I always found her to be so gimmicky

You can do slightly better Elemental Claw with Scion than Inquisitor thanks to the access to other nodes. Just delete bossess faster :smug:

You know what can be real shocker to me for new Ascendancy? Witch being pure spell caster, like an Inquisitor (srsly she pale in comparison to this old geezer),

T. Reich

Arcane
Is there any build that works with Scion better than other classes? I always found her to be so gimmicky

It's a kinda stupid question given PoE overall customisability.
Ascendant has access to 19 different ascendancies (of which you pick 2) as well as access to all class starting points (of which you pick one).
Scion is the easiest class to stack jewels with, by far.
Scion (currently) has access to some unique mechanics unavailable to any other ascendancy class, some of which are build-defining.

Whether that is better or worse than one ascendancy or other depends entirely on your skill of choice, key gear, chosen build focus, etc.

T. Reich

Arcane

You can do slightly better Elemental Claw with Scion than Inquisitor thanks to the access to other nodes. Just delete bossess faster :smug:

You know what can be real shocker to me for new Ascendancy? Witch being pure spell caster, like an Inquisitor (srsly she pale in comparison to this old geezer),

Inquisitor is not a pure spell-caster.
Inquisitor is THE most powerful crit+elemental ascendancy when it comes to maximising damage potential, but it applies to ranged and melee attacks as well as spells.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It's a kinda stupid question given PoE overall customisability.
Ascendant has access to 19 different ascendancies (of which you pick 2) as well as access to all class starting points (of which you pick one).
Scion is the easiest class to stack jewels with, by far.
Scion (currently) has access to some unique mechanics unavailable to any other ascendancy class, some of which are build-defining.

Whether that is better or worse than one ascendancy or other depends entirely on your skill of choice, key gear, chosen build focus, etc.
Oh yea, I forgot Scion is only class that can be 100% resistant to curse effects and use that to its advantage with totems. Technically a Guardian can be as well but he loses bonus damage from all collected curses every 5s.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Scion is gimped and I'd avoid using her. There *are* some neat ways to optimize her passive tree and it's true she has the best access to the Scion island nodes and all those jewel spots. The other good thing about her is she has good access to the life nodes. But you'll feel underpowered compared to using another class/ ascendancy like Pathfinder. Many of her Acendancies are also gimped - looks good on paper but gimped in practice. Also getting stats instead of actual useful ascendancy passives is also gimp.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I want to reach Shaper/Atziri at least once this league
And what does stop you? Currency (for build upgrades and keys/maps)? Time? You build does not have 1mln+ DPS?

Speaking about Atziri - I finally managed to complete Vaal Temple with this nasty evil trio. Bought remaining cards, rushed to the arrow lady, she missed first shot. That was her first and last mistake. Rest of the group died withing 4seconds.
That map dropped for me earlier in the league but I was fool with terrible build (it was also elemental claw inq but jeweless and had no Lycoside so acc dependant), and they mopped me on the floor like wet rag. Worst part - getting to the ranger lady cause her shots (1-hit kill) were getting me down. Glad it's over...

edit
holy fukin makrel I FUCKING GET DEM two remaining fragments!
rsIhCyh.jpg
I have theory how to do this.
You start elder influence in northwestern part with yellow maps (see on screenshot) and try to push Eld field to these 2(!) T15 maps but don't clean them from Shaper's influence until you have 19 maps under Elder influence. Only then clean T15 map (in my case it was Reef) and BAM.

Still - go fuck yourself whoever made that concept.

And don't ask me how much I spend on the maps, srsly.

edit2 (did everyone hibernated and await new league?)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091353
FAQ of the new league

While a creature is in a net, it can not die, so if you're worried about killing it too quickly, throw a net first and attack second.
though they use boss animation where they are invincible but guess not.
Damn son!

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Here goes - Shaper+Elder fight.

I would say it's doable but HC streamers players gonna cry and shred their logout macros.

I don't know why Elder is dominating side, he was p.wuss compared to Shaper.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Gotta say, pretty underwhelming stuff. Mastermind/Beacon are still locked behind shitty notables like Pendulum/Shaper, golems got some more love even though they didnt need them, and while the eleleech/reflect immunity are really damn good for only 2 points, there's not much else in the ascendancy that's worth picking up. A shame.

The whole golemancer design really hurts the ascendancy as a whole, because while ele got a 7th notable now, for all builds but one it's still only a 5notable ascendancy, with shaper/pendulum being trashtier and even mastermind being mediocre at best.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Gotta say, pretty underwhelming stuff. Mastermind/Beacon are still locked behind shitty notables like Pendulum/Shaper, golems got some more love even though they didnt need them, and while the eleleech/reflect immunity are really damn good for only 2 points, there's not much else in the ascendancy that's worth picking up. A shame.

The whole golemancer design really hurts the ascendancy as a whole, because while ele got a 7th notable now, for all builds but one it's still only a 5notable ascendancy, with shaper/pendulum being trashtier and even mastermind being mediocre at best.
Well it is awesome golemancer at least. You can now have 5 golems without needing that shitty golem club (and use Brightbeak instead that lets you move fast!). And you can use Shock Nova (or Arc) to apply EE for your fire golems and with help of Beacon of Ruin apply minimum of 20% shock with it! That proliferates for free!!!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Or do a Ngamahu Axe Cycloner. You take first golem node, Paragon of Calamity and MasterMind of Discord (for HoA + 25% fire pen). Grab Avatar of Fire and MoM from the left part of tree and move into shadow area to grab all the physical damage nodes, attack speed nodes, accuracy nodes and grab Acrobatics. Then get one Chaos Golem and one Ice or Lightning Golem for their boosts and defenses. Better than buffed and then nerfed Chieftain.

T. Reich

Arcane
Still waiting on necro, slayer and inquisitor reveals before deciding on what to play this league.

...Maybe I should pre-roll some sort of self-attacking bow char with mirage archer, can't go wrong with those.

Sykar

Arcane
Its finally here!

qy1ccxkqkfi01.jpg

Looks good. I will enjoy playing my Whispering ice CwC Scorching Ray Elementalist even more thanks to that extra leech and elemental reflect is a non-issue now. Now the only question is Beacon of Ruin or Mastermind of Discord route though seeing the Herald requirement I think I will go with Beacon of Ruin.

Paragon of Calamity -> Shaper of Desolation -> Beacon of Ruin -> cannot decide the last yet.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
New Occultist/Trickster look fucking disgusting compared to Elementalist, jesus fucking christ.

v0b8hxzhhgi01.jpg
jdrzo0a0xfi01.jpg
zddbw47f5gi01.jpg
8lcnxecvxgi01.jpg

T. Reich

Arcane
EDIT: Saark :argh:30 fucking seconds!

Some other ascendancies are in:
1) Occultist - blanket buff, looking strong. Particulars: easier power charge generation AND extra effects per charge, stun immunity while you have ANY ES left (basically always if you're CI/low-life), your curses IGNORE HEXPROOF.
I'm tempted to do another "tanky" ES build relying on ES recharge as sustain mechanism.
a6GiTgGjg7XLXdTEnE-sPZDZp9rvF8U3pVxP3EkFCM8.jpg
2) Deadeye - definitely improved, still stays a projectile attack generalist build that focuses more on utility than raw damage. Grabbing +1 proj and +1 chain now costs 6 ascendancy points, not 8 (you still have to go through Far Shot, which may be 100% useless if you use Lioneye's Glare). Rupture buffed and also gives 30 LGoH vs bleeding enemies, which is pretty awesome, if you ask me. New notable that basically makes you up to 20% MORE FASTER (yes, basically a mini-aceeleration shrine). The old shit notable that gated chain is still pretty much shit, but now it also grants 100% increased blink/mirror arrow cooldown recovery speed - potentially BIS for clone arrow "summoner" builds?
ztdtryry3pae-j1cSRRnOwh6A0hvzCv5n4rZfWKXuPM.jpg
3) Slayer - Changed around, somewhat of a nerf. 20% more damage and the cull/onslaught bnotables swapped places - changes nothing. Melee splash notable buffed - now splash doesn't deal less damage! Basically turns any single-target melee skill into aoe. Endless hunger stopped being a single-point powerhouse, now you MUST get brutal fervour to get that "non-stop" leech.
RCc0Atcx-4eJF1H16Q7iYquoO_0g68Gvp46KcFww0jw.jpg
4) Trickster - MASSIVE rework, a lot of buffs! Looks extremely solid. Weave the arcane and walk the ether are combined, lol. Ghost dance and shade form partially combined and buffed, plus the new notable is attached; 20% faster start of ES recharge sadly lost. Patient reaper buffed - now also has recovery of life/mana/es on kill. Swift killer now gives generic damage boost per charge, not just dot! Two new notables with the rather creative pathing. One gives % chance to gain extra % added chaos damage on hit (three tiers, each with its own % chance - basically a 40 chance to gain at least 50% extra added chaos damage). Another notable is a blanked buff to dot - more dot damage, skill effect and poison duration...
yL6KLyjPo0UNT-Xtf0DO_pjbJwLehR4uXztiqiQ51uc.jpg

P.S.: Berserker and chieftain also slightly tweaked - chieftain lost some of the beefier damage numbers (not much, but still a loss), zerker's rage degen halved - now it can be potentially sustained by life regen alone.

Sykar

Arcane
New Occultist/Trickster look fucking disgusting compared to Elementalist, jesus fucking christ.

v0b8hxzhhgi01.jpg

My ED Occultists is already in love with these changes though it does make the decision between Vile Bastion and Malediction even more difficult.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom