Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Perkel

Arcane
incoming manifesto

Problem : Because we rebalanced jawels we feel like ailment mitigation became a joke

solution : with 3.20 expansion we introduce 6 new ailments. Also old mitigation are now required to be maxed out* before you hit high tier maps.

*by maxed out i mean way above cap.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sounds like a nerf to SSF and a buff to Trade. I'm mildly concerned. To me unique jewels felt fine, as I would still get excited at seeing one drop, because each category held at least a couple of useful ones. The quest rewards ones were always whatever though, so no big loss there. If the golem jews end up being more farmable than they currently are in SSF, it's going to be a net win.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, I never got upset at seeing a unique jewel drop, even if most of them are garbo for most builds. Instead it was kinda fun to see what kind of weird build enabler you'd get. Unique jewels dropped really rarely too so they don't grate in the same way that normal uniques do.

Giving random jewels instead of unique ones from quests seems like a decent change to me. The only one I ever used was the one with guaranteed reservation efficiency, but at a mere 2% it was always a bit of an emergency measure.

Combat focus being a vendor recipe is great news, as long as it's a decently accessible recipe.

I expected worse, but I guess they're keeping the nerfs for curses.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've heard that there are archnemesis that increases effects of the ailments significantly so "reduced effect" doesn't sounds appealing...
On ignite it's probably ok, I am very skeptical of reduced duration of freeze/chill and reduced effect of shock.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
reduced duration of freeze/chill
that would be like spell suppression - either maxed out or nothing
you don't want to stop moving or slow down from constant barrage

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only thing I am interested in if game is going to become more fun and less rippy. I uninstalled it few weeks ago to make room for fun games on my SSD and it is not coming back until they fix it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Archnemesis manifesto is out
though there would be summaries and memes for entertainment next morning for breakfast+coffee but apparently not...
I'm all for variety but loot goblin was absolute garbage system

tl;dr
un7nt7xe9d0a1.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
daily reminder that mods system on monsters is weak excuse to not produce unique monster designs that matter and have base difficulty of those monsters.

Up until act 3 monster design is quite good but after it it takes nosedive to point where monsters don't really have any uniqness about them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Archnemesis manifesto is out
though there would be summaries and memes for entertainment next morning for breakfast+coffee but apparently not...
I'm all for variety but loot goblin was absolute garbage system
There's something fishy. We're gonna go from enemies having up to like 6 AN mods, and frequently 2-3, to splitting AN mods into 3-4 parts each and having 2-4 mods per rare, essentially half to one AN mod.
This seems like a pretty big reduction in difficulty, which is very unlike GGG.

Up until act 3 monster design is quite good but after it it takes nosedive to point where monsters don't really have any uniqness about them.
A bit harsh, I think there are some later monsters with ok/good designs, but yeah, they do get a bit more generic and usually at that point the player has enough dps that most monster actions are invalid.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Looks like this manifesto did the job - Steam reviews boosted from "Mixed" up to "Very Positive".
I guess they really shit their pants this time...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I will wait for my Xbox version to update to this and I might continue my standard character on it. They ruined it when they made it go core 2 league ago

Sharpedge

Prophet
Trying out Ruthless and I am enjoying it a fair bit. Slowing the rate of progress down works wonders for PoE.

Perkel

Arcane
Trying out Ruthless and I am enjoying it a fair bit. Slowing the rate of progress down works wonders for PoE.
you motherfucker how did you get in ?

Yeah i can see it pefectly working for POE. I personally played sort of ruthless for a year already but it was constant annoying battle of with my own lizard brain ready to pounce on mix max game destroying fun.

Are there any changes that were not mentioned in manifesto that you found interesting ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom