Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It was a pretty juicy reveal stream this time, despite there being no actual end-game expansion. I was more hyped this time, because Sanctum reveal was about a rogue-like and I don't usually play those. Crucible sounds very straight forward and fun.

Some rough takes:

- atlas passive Gateways nice, but many people don't optimize their atlas tree anyway
- Sabo is cool, triggerbot looks pretty good
PATHFINDER:
- Master Alchemist is nuts
- Master Surgeon is nuts
- Nature's Reprisal is ABSOLUTELY nuts

Skills:
- all new skills look good
- Vaal LA looks crazy. Can do a bosser with LA now. Hopefully the lvl20 math will back it up.
- Vaal Reap looks very good, especially for all the Corrupting Fever cucks.
- Vaal Rejuvenation Totem is going to change PoE forever
- Momentum could be great with the new Vaal Arctic Armour
- Snipe could be good, but need proper numbers
- Manaforged Arrows is confusing. could be crazy though, especially with Mind of the Council unique helmet
- Prismatic Burst sounds as busted as Fire Burst for ignite back when it first released. Static Strike Battlemage Prismatic Burst Elementalist LOGIN (nycta's lantern league start anyone?)
-

Uniques:
- amulet is great with Forbidden Taste unique quartz flask and self-poisons under 4sec (temp chains don't affect us, so you can still extend the duration on the enemy) + petriefied blood/immortal ambition + golden rule = never die
- helm is okay, maybe good for RF, maybe good for anime guardian
- bow is very interesting, but will need more investigation to show power
- reworked United in Dream = rip poison SRS
- Surrender is sexy as fuck
- Uul-Netol axe and Xoph's bow had some nice buffs
- new Lightpoacher great for BV/BB/EK
- new Bubonic Trail great for minion cucks

Masteries: (5h-5,45h mark)
- many interesting choices. It's gonna feel great clicking these this league
- claw masteries = nasty
- elemental mastery = just get lucky on your EK and ignite for cap lulz, the rest is not so hot, no more 15% all res, old masteries were great actually
- ES masteries are okay, but needed more
- reservation masteries are gone again, it's gonna be pain to fit in auras
- Eva mastery with 15% SpellSuppress is great
- Mana mastery now mandatory for every build eksDEE

New Clusters on the passive tree are a bunch of nerfs. Do not want. Besides the Bow Clusters and Stun Avoidance everything else is unappealing.

Early-game Changes:

- Blight buff poggies, it still sucks but I love the feel of it personally
- Splitting Steel is dead for leveling Sadge
- Lightning Tendies gone
- Spark is probably still okay, but will feel terrible for leveling now, instead of the chill breeze it was before
- EConc and PConC nerfed, but I wasn't gonna play them anyway in this weapon centric league

more excuse for me to do a Lightning Arrow league starter

- rip Onslaught. more nerfs to player speed. racers won't like this
- rip Sceptre attack speeds. racers are seeking asylum.
- rip Wand recipe. racers on suicide watch. on the upside, if you find a nice rare demon's horn, it's gonna feel great.
- Obliteration has now amazing attack speed, holy shit!
- Piscator's is finally on a good base!
- Arcane Surge rip. racers are installing D4.

Miscellaneous Player Balance:

- rip Molten Shell. Vaal Arctic Armour and Steel Skin new best friend.
- simplified projectile returning is nerfing Nimis bossing cheese and farming 5-ways with Kinetic Blast cheese. They were completely out of pocket anyway.
- Corruption notable nerf is technically a buff for Pathfinder eksDEE
- Book of Regression is gone. All the retarded cucks who would farm pre-68 Heist at league start for currency can go to hell.

Kirac Mods: Essence is back! Not bad overall. Lots of crafting.

Boss Race Event ->
Ben_ might actually get it at the end of the league, but nobody is going to enjoy the event. Maybe it's gonna be a great decision in the end since the race is going to be longer and might attract more attention in total. I think it's going to have a lot of negative feedback and they'll revert to regular HCSSF format. Ruthless isn't real PoE.

Bug Fixes:

- rip Corpsewalkers

Baron Dupek

Arcane
As people expected - another nerf fest. First victim - Spark.
Resevation from masteries removed, gg
But there are some juicy one too - "(New) Enemies Poisoned by you cannot deal Critical Strikes" and "Your Elemental Resistances cannot be lowered by Curses" (bumrushin maps back in the menu)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361403
At least there's some entertainment from readin' reddit meltdown... even some streamers are annoyed when they discovered Ruthless wasn't a side project. Nobody saw that coming, no one.:lol:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
- Manaforged Arrows is confusing. could be crazy though, especially with Mind of the Council unique helmet
Could be really cool, but depends a lot on how big the numbers are and the cooldown.
- Prismatic Burst sounds as busted as Fire Burst for ignite back when it first released. Static Strike Battlemage Prismatic Burst Elementalist LOGIN (nycta's lantern league start anyone?)
Explain this one? Do the surges from static strike even count as attacks to trigger burst? And wouldn't you be better off just using cyclone to trigger?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
why
5pdh9lwkvxqa1.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I dunno what Jaedar is on about, this League looks dope. It looks like they finally managed to make a crafting expansion that’s not arcane and annoying as all hell.

Actually kind of excited for this one. All the changes like Breach look very good as well.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
But there are some juicy one too - "(New) Enemies Poisoned by you cannot deal Critical Strikes" and "Your Elemental Resistances cannot be lowered by Curses" (bumrushin maps back in the menu)
At least there's some entertainment from readin' reddit meltdown... even some streamers are annoyed when they discovered Ruthless wasn't a side project. Nobody saw that coming, no one.:lol:

I knew it as soon as they said it wasn't going to be a significant patch nerf wise.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

*clicks link*

*CTRL+F “Righteous Fire”*

0 hits

I don’t see the issue :smug:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
thats a lot of changes, what will be cool ssf this time around?
Dual claw does seem like it will be pretty good. Some instant leech and lots of attack speed.

No idea what skill would pair with it though. I've often heard good things about ele claws, but maybe not so much with no essence on kirac?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Dual claw does seem like it will be pretty good. Some instant leech and lots of attack speed.

No idea what skill would pair with it though. I've often heard good things about ele claws, but maybe not so much with no essence on kirac?
I like my shields though... still, capitalize on mana/life gain with good old molten strike?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

I like my shields though... still, capitalize on mana/life gain with good old molten strike?
I'm personally pretty skeptical of 'gain on hit' effects, especially for hp since it won't do well on single targets.

abija

Prophet
no, there's no point in SSF league except for braging rights
(it makes sense for race events)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
no, there's no point in SSF league except for braging rights
(it makes sense for race events)
It is honestly more fun to craft/use the items/currency you find than hoard them to interact with the market.

abija

Prophet
It is honestly more fun to craft/use the items/currency you find than hoard them to interact with the market.

I didn't mean there's no point in playing SSF, just in the separate league. You can just not group/trade.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Explain this one? Do the surges from static strike even count as attacks to trigger burst? And wouldn't you be better off just using cyclone to trigger?
Cyclone slows down your movement. With Static Strike you can just zoom through the map and the ignite from the Prismatic Bursts clears the map for you. Provided the numbers are there and the cooldown isn't too long ofc. It's just a potential so far, no real guarantees or anything.

Almost everything, since Kirac has a lot of good crafting on his map device. Ideally you'd want to go some kind of attack build to take advantage of the new weapon forging system, but caster and summoner options might have dope forging options as well. Usually starting as an attack build in SSF is aids, but caster leveling got nerfed substantially, while the weapon forging system might give attackers the bigger edge. Provided you get enough of that forging xp to properly take advantage of the system, before you have to replace your weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom