Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

PapaPetro

They were a nice tease for the league but I always took them with a huge grain of salt. Especially after Kalandra where they just "forgot" to include one of their biggest changes to loot drops from both the manifesto and patch notes.
They know what they're doing.
We know what they're doing.
They know we know what they're doing.
Yet they still insist on following their PR manager's lie-by-omission strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I doubt we're going to get another Harvest-type expansion. If anything we'll get something akin to Heist Trinkets or Sanctum relics that we can craft on.

Speaking of which I guess I'll give my thoughts on Sanctum League since I played a bit of it. Reached lvl 97 on a Hexblast Sabo mostly focusing on farming Sanctum runs and harvest for a little bit of added currency. I think it was one of the best leagues in a while. All the changes they've done over the last year to the atlas passive tree are really nice and tie well into all the leagues they've added. Some mechanics could do with some tweaks to their rewards however.
Removal of Archnemesis is nice, there are still some bullshit rares but it's way more balanced compared to before.
As for Sanctum, I think if they add some more content (enemies, rooms, boons/afflictions) it's probably going to be my favorite league mechanic to interact with. I wish the rewards were more varied. You're mainly going there for divine orbs and stacked decks and the rest of the loot is just bubblegum currency or lycia's invocations (or original sin I guess). I got a few good sanctified relics but not for the build I played so that was a bit disappointing.
They also probably need to do something if they want more builds to interact with this mechanic. There is literally no reason not to build a complete glass cannon and just melt your way through every room and boss encounter. I barely know what Lycia's mechanics are cause she just dies in 2 seconds.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sanctum is a tough cookie for me. It's probably the best league they've ever had if you take the game state as a whole, but I really, really hated the Sanctum mechanic itself.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sanctum is a tough cookie for me. It's probably the best league they've ever had if you take the game state as a whole, but I really, really hated the Sanctum mechanic itself.
I played it a bit, I didn't do a single Sanctum run. I am over doing new stupid mechanics each league. I just want to clear dungeons, get loot and kill bosses in classic Diablo like H&S, I am done with stupid shit that POE is full of.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crafting expansions :killit:
In a crafting heavy game...

He is right though. The more crafting you have the less you care about gear loot.

Last Epoch shows us that this is utterly incorrect if you do crafting properly. It‘s an idea as old as RPGs: make your crafting complimentary to your itemization instead of parallel to it. It’s not rocket science.

In Last Epoch, you can't craft your item in the traditional sense. Rather, any item you would put on you would also craft. So you have a system where loot is a two-step proces: first, you get excited for the item drop that you need, then you need to sculpt it by crafting. One proces doesn't exclude the other - you need both the drop and the crafting.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Played the Krangled Passive Tree event. Started Ranger. She has a lot of elemental damage (but also a lot of Hex stuff). Did the Lab and both of my Ascendancy picks turned out to be some Necro traysh, rip. I'm gonna go sleep and tomorrow I'll either level a new Ranger or do some quests to try a respecc.

Fun event though, especially up until your first Lab.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Trade is used to skip grinding mostly, the game has solo self found mode but with no experience be prepared to spend dozens even hundreds of hours grinding if you want to access end games content, if you don't care about that and just want to kill some mobs go ahead.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
its a trade off. I play ssf exclusively but its main drawback for me is missing out on cheap uniques that enable certain builds. As such it kills build diversity a bit, although id argue that for new player it doesnt matter. One needs good understanding of game systems etc.

Trade aka normal league enhances degenerate play of never using your currency, instead keep buying cheap value items. Build can be crap but with access to those items you can reach yellow maps easily.

On other hand in ssf you are constantly spending those orbs, trying to improve your equipment to stay alive. I like it.

Reever

Scholar
Patron

Do you guys think they sit around at a table discussing which is the worst looking back cosmetic to give away each league reveal stream or they just look at the numbers and see what doesn't sell?

Inb4: BUT IT'S FREE

Reever

Scholar
Patron
ChaosOrb.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Gee I wonder what they gonna mess up this time if they released QoL people asked for years... on the other hand doing bad experiments when D4 and Wolcen got decent updates and Last Epoch got MP? Sounds like recipe for trouble...

Ba'al

Scholar
They can't fuck about too much given that the competition is growing and PoE2 is close. We'll probably get another "this league isn't as shitty as some of the other ones, therefore it's good" league.

abija

Prophet
You can't fucking seriously compare PoE with Wolcen. LE has a long way to go, but at least has some hope. GGG gonna keep messing and players will come back as long as the game is at the top. D4 so far seems to avoid the competion.

Wouldn't be surprised if this league has a lot of players since most PoE streamers were riding D4 beta wave.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hot (butt)sauce league confirmed
Fsaqxz7WcAIpopA

we're doing Karui league now

they also revealed new jewel (of course it was viridian, to pollute the pool) that raise elemental ailments avoidance at the 50% of spell suppresion

Baron Dupek

Arcane
moar skill trees

this time in weapons... like PoE2?

Gateways on Atlas Skill tree? How bout Passive Skill tree gateways beside Impossible Escape

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Skill trees on weapons could potentially be interesting (although level 10 decay seems kind of like a drawback).

Another saboteur rework so soon feels like an admission of failure from GGG.

The actual crucible just looks like a less interesting breach, and the breach rework also seems to have removed the slowly expanding borders in favor of just a big clump of monsters. Also no new skill gems outside of vaal ones, and no skill gem rebalancing? Sure seems like I'll be skipping this league.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom