Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It’s far worse imo and I don’t remember any ads

There were several controversies over poe.trade and them (most likely unintentionally) using infected ad networks.

It's fine once you get used to the the official one. Main thing is searching certain modifiers works a bit differently, but you can ultimately do everything you used to do on poe.trade.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
So is anybody still playing this league? I've played an SST Glad a bit at league start, got him to 89 and than forgot about the game. I like the league mechanic overall but I really have a problem with visibility and the fact that it really incentivizes certain builds. I guess I could turn up the brightness to fix the fact that everything is really dark but it just reinforces a problem that PoE always had with readability. I also hope Sanctified Relic-type mechanics come back in different forms in some other leagues.

Also recently I've seen Kripp's video on Ruthless and I think I might start a character next league.

Ba'al

Scholar
I played a necro in ruthless up to the library quest in act 3, for some reason I expected to be able to pick a support gem from Siosa. When I realized my build isn't going to work, I rerolled a templar and decided to pay attention to the story for the first time, thinking that the slower pace of ruthless might fit. Act 1 is surprisingly enjoyable and relatively grounded but I kinda stopped playing at that point, though I do intend to continue someday. I like ruthless, if the rare items were guaranteed not to be shit then it might become my favourite way to play. Not too sure about the support gem scarcity as it feels there are even less viable builds than the normal league.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ssf r, got multiple characters. Was leveling cold dot trickster since I had some supports and +lvl items, but then I pulled quil rain... Since I also got mirage archer support and nights hold, there was no other choice but to create yet another

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Kripp is also "enjoying" Ruthless.

I think all of you are weird masochists for playing it, but I'm glad that you have this option and can enjoy yourselves now without REEE-ing about "muh gud old days, before speed-clear meta" in the thread.

Ba'al

Scholar

Gauntlet on February 10th. Anyone gonna play? I quit the league two weeks in and have been out of the loop, any good builds that I might have missed?

PapaPetro

Looks like it's beta related.
So when is PoE 2 supposed to release? Alongside Diablo 4?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Looks like it's beta related.
So when is PoE 2 supposed to release? Alongside Diablo 4?
Beta is releasing in summer alongside Diablo 4. Full release who knows when.
But unless Blizzard fucks up again that is it for PoE 1 or 2. PoE1 had a good run due to Blizzard being completely retarded for last 15 years but if they manage to release Diablo 4 as a good game they will kill all competition except for poor fags that cannot buy D4 for 60$ and never spend any money for PoE.

abija

Prophet
But unless Blizzard fucks up again that is it for PoE 1 or 2. PoE1 had a good run due to Blizzard being completely retarded for last 15 years but if they manage to release Diablo 4 as a good game they will kill all competition except for poor fags that cannot buy D4 for 60$ and never spend any money for PoE.
There's nothing atm shown in D4 that would suggest Blizzard tries to take on PoE.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There's nothing atm shown in D4 that would suggest Blizzard tries to take on PoE.
They will have seasons that will introduce new mechanics and if those will be positively accepted by the playerbase they will get rolled into the main game. Sounds familiar?
That in addition to better graphics, smoother gameplay, less FX eye cancer and one open seemless world that you can change with your actions seems like PoE will not be able to compete.
Then there will also be more verticality and character building will be more like D2 which is better than whatever mess PoE became.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
D4's itemization doesn't look interesting though. Comparing D4 updates to PoE2 updates it's clear who is putting more thought into relevant mechanics and who is obsessing over ridiculous monetization systems. Considering Blizzard's approach of never deviating from mainstream trends and catering to the most retarded part of their playerbase, D4 just won't feel right. A few weeks/months after D4's release, interested ARPG players will be looking for something like D4 but better made with less bullshit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
They will have seasons that will introduce new mechanics and if those will be positively accepted by the playerbase they will get rolled into the main game. Sounds familiar?
That in addition to better graphics, smoother gameplay, less FX eye cancer and one open seemless world that you can change with your actions seems like PoE will not be able to compete.
Then there will also be more verticality and character building will be more like D2 which is better than whatever mess PoE became.

You omit the fact that everything they've posted about these things seem to be very light and superficial. I must admit to getting kind of hyped about D4 when I saw the release material and the promises of direction, but everything since then has looked like a reskinned #3 with a lot of bandaiding to make it seem PoE-adjacent.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You omit the fact that everything they've posted about these things seem to be very light and superficial. I must admit to getting kind of hyped about D4 when I saw the release material and the promises of direction, but everything since then has looked like a reskinned #3 with a lot of bandaiding to make it seem PoE-adjacent.
We will see. That is why I said IF they don't fuck it up again and deliver on their promises in a significant way instead of just marketing talk. I am for sure not preordering D4 or buying it until I can see the gameplay on twitch and read reviews from players I can trust.
I have not spent 60$ for a single game for many years and I am not going to unless I know I can get at least 2 months of high quality arpg gameplay.

Compared to PoE, new league (even bigger ones) give me 2 weeks of mediocre gameplay. But it is free so I cannot complain that much but I have not given them $ for years as a result.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly at this point so long it provides decent character building system and different way to approach the game, Diablo 4 would be good enough. PoE has been on this stagnant "skills get changed around but the players are all doing all the same shit of clearing screen in 1 second zoom zooming" for years now.

Alex

Arcane
I think expecting anything good out of current Blizzard is rather silly, The real issue I could see is whether PoE 2 manages to decline so hard it is actually worse than the new diablo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom