Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Regarding HDD, I doubt changing to predictive net would help in that case.
Maybe he has unstable internet as well, lmao.

So you agree that ruthless is a good example to follow?
I agree that it is good to give people an option to cuck themselves, if that makes them happy. Especially if you don't have to cuck everybody else in the process.

Fug maybe i should wait for this instead lmao.

But then i'd like to experience at least all the acts they added on PoE at least once.

still gonna be the same old waste of time shit 50 hours trying to trade, find stuff you can't sell because nobody wants to spend time buying. because chris wilson cant get his head out of his ass and thinks we should all be subjected to his autism

janior

Arcane
Patron
lol this guy is so dumb he didn't figure out that trading is a waste of time unless u get 0.1% of items that are desirable
pro tip: vendor ur dogshit 1c uniques and keep mapping

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Kjaska lmao what did i say now?
He's a retarded shill, just ignore him.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I had know idea what he was butthurt about couldn't figure out what i was saying that pissed him off.

Yes, i have an SSD (NVMe even). No, i don't have a VPN. No, my connection isn't crappy, it's fiber-optic and way faster than DLS. Besides, if i found the solution online means the problem isn't uknown now, is it.

I pressed F1 and my latency is at 25 MS but whenever the stuttering happen it briefly jump at 100 MS. Predictive removes the stuttering completely, so there's definely something screwy going on with the connection. Graphic options do nothing, found posts on the internet to say to disable multithreading and shit like that but none of the stuff makes a difference. It's obviously the connection since my FPS doesn't drop at all when the stuttering occurs.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this. I'm expecting the new Gem System to be a sneaky way to gimp the availability of 6-Links in the current game. Fusings might get removed completely and your only way of acquiring a Lightning Warp Gem with more than 3 Links is going to be off the ground or from other players.
I rarely get 6 links anyway. An infinite supply of 4-links would still be a major boon.
You are of course correct that this is GGG, so there's a good chance that even 3-link gems will be rare.

It would really suck if you had to loot a 6link level 1 gem off the floor and level it from scratch.

I pressed F1 and my latency is at 25 MS but whenever the stuttering happen it briefly jump at 100 MS.
Sounds like the cause of the stuttering is a bad connection then. Nothing you can do about it though, so if predictive feels good go with it.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I pressed F1 and my latency is at 25 MS but whenever the stuttering happen it briefly jump at 100 MS. Predictive removes the stuttering completely, so there's definely something screwy going on with the connection. Graphic options do nothing, found posts on the internet to say to disable multithreading and shit like that but none of the stuff makes a difference. It's obviously the connection since my FPS doesn't drop at all when the stuttering occurs.

Welcome to the Europe servers where our conneciton is decided by d100 rolls for every map <3 You can change to connect from other servers, Madrid is usually good for me.
If your MS is 25-30 ish, just use predictive all the time, it'll be fine. Other one is for third worlders like me.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I see, so it's the Eurpean servers that are ghetto shit. Predictive it is then.

BTW, yesterday while i was fiddling with the options i quit and retarded the game many times and the map stayed cleared after each reload but this morning i booted the game and everything is reset and the guy at the beginning dropped that glacial hammer thing again and the big zombie was alive and also dropped that quickstep gem and now i have two each. Is this normal? Somehow it doesn't seem right.

I'm looking at the rewards for the big zombie and i'm already afraid to pick the wrong one lmao. This SSF and Ruthless shit has me spooked already.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I see, so it's the Eurpean servers that are ghetto shit. Predictive it is then.
I don't usually have issues with them any more (playing on amsterdam). Used to be one in 20 maps would load onto a complete dogshit server that was nigh unplayable (sucks if its a map, but in campaign you can just demand a new instance on a different server by leaving and shift/ctrl click the door) but it was a long time since I had this issue now.
BTW, yesterday while i was fiddling with the options i quit and retarded the game many times and the map stayed cleared after each reload but this morning i booted the game and everything is reset and the guy at the beginning dropped that glacial hammer thing again and the big zombie was alive and also dropped that quickstep gem and now i have two each. Is this normal? Somehow it doesn't seem right.
Each instance is persistent until you have been out of it for like 15 minutes, then it resets (so going into it will generate new layout, monsters, etc). You can also force load into a new instance via the above method.
I'm looking at the rewards for the big zombie and i'm already afraid to pick the wrong one lmao. This SSF and Ruthless shit has me spooked already.
Just do the first map 10 times on different characters and you can pick every option :)

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It would really suck if you had to loot a 6link level 1 gem off the floor and level it from scratch.
Gem XP has stopped being an issue after they introduced the Gem XP reward as one of the Archnemesis outcomes
Welcome to the Europe servers where our conneciton is decided by d100 rolls for every map <3
I wasn't memeing about the VPN. I've had terrible rubberbanding since Sanctum and it all got fixed after I started using the VPN. My IRL friends also started complaining about constant rubberbanding issues this league, so I suggested the same fix to them and it solved their problem as well.

Here's a referral link for 30 free days -> https://www.expressrefer.com/refer-...edium=copy_link&utm_source=referral_dashboard

IMO at least try it out and see if it improves things. With all the shit currently happening in the world and the decentralization of content accross multiple subscription services a VPN makes more and more sense.

This SSF and Ruthless shit has me spooked already.
Just play in normal Crucible and learn the game first. Ruthless and SSF is for nolife neckbeards who want to prolong their grind and are seeking additional challenge.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Ngamakanui

Someone tell Grinding Gear Games that the cat walked over the keyboard when titling that, please.

They should have called it NotDiablo instead

Short memory? Diablo 2's successor, is what they were trying to be originally.

After 10 years, maybe I can finally get to play this game again. I hope they'll keep this pacing and not cater to the pic related pinheads who had their brain folds eroded by the extreme deluge of loot explosion dopamine. Maybe this "ARPG" will actually have combat in the game again and not just a couple of map deleting buttons to avoid getting one shot off screen.

10ea73cb6d.png

Yes but it would be too on the nose to call it NotDiablo4 .. I was trying to be sneaky.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
If teaser is representative they seem to be really leaning on using more than one skill.
Most leveling setups already utilize 3-4 active skills in order to pump the damage during Campaign. But they are all of the same element. The new system will allow you to run 2 maybe even 3 element setups. The game already has more than enough useful skills to consider, but you simply can't socket them all.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Kjaska I see you are immune to fun and jokes.. other people loved when GGG made fun of Blizzard for "Don't you have phones.." moment. It is gaming history now along with "Don't you have nets, exile?"

tritosine2k

Erudite
So, it turns out that Trickster Shadow can also use 2x Replica Rumi's Concoction (with the Enkindling Orb property for increased flask duration) without Kaom's Roots, which makes it a better pick than Juggernaut for most evasion builds. Juggernaut still tops for hybrid armor+evasion though, considering how Unbreakable + The Brass Dome gives monstrous amounts of armor with ease. Looks like Trickster is also decent for Flicker Strike and Frenzy builds.
This needs macro
lol this guy is so dumb he didn't figure out that trading is a waste of time unless u get 0.1% of items that are desirable
if a moderate/strict loot filter still drops 1C unique that's an indicator you should either ID it or vaal it if it's near max roll thats good for lab enchant & or corrupt if it's unlikely you tweak the filter.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Gem XP has stopped being an issue after they introduced the Gem XP reward as one of the Archnemesis outcomes
Welcome to the Europe servers where our conneciton is decided by d100 rolls for every map <3
I wasn't memeing about the VPN. I've had terrible rubberbanding since Sanctum and it all got fixed after I started using the VPN. My IRL friends also started complaining about constant rubberbanding issues this league, so I suggested the same fix to them and it solved their problem as well.

Here's a referral link for 30 free days -> https://www.expressrefer.com/refer-...edium=copy_link&utm_source=referral_dashboard

IMO at least try it out and see if it improves things. With all the shit currently happening in the world and the decentralization of content accross multiple subscription services a VPN makes more and more sense.

This SSF and Ruthless shit has me spooked already.
Just play in normal Crucible and learn the game first. Ruthless and SSF is for nolife neckbeards who want to prolong their grind and are seeking additional challenge.

Eh, I think if you happen to like more challenge in general then Ruthless and SSF might be even a better way to organically learn the game as you are fed all the possible options in a very gradual manner due to limited drops and missing content. Yes, he might hit a brick wall sooner or later, but I don't think that's necessarily bad. Being inefficient or running into dead-end build wise is only a problem if you a) want to play the game efficiently, which is only important if you are trying to play every league or b) you just want to play the game once and beat everything there is and never come back.

Gerrard

Arcane
Kjaska lmao what did i say now?
He's a retarded shill, just ignore him.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I had know idea what he was butthurt about couldn't figure out what i was saying that pissed him off.
He'll put you on ignore and then still rate every one of your posts. Actual mental illness.

On lockstep mode the whole game is synchronized to the server, and when there's a connection issue the game freezes on your end. If you have constant small issues with connection it might look like FPS issue.
On predictive everything still moves, but will rubberband afterwards to catch up.

ADL

Prophet
Really hoping that teaser is representative of the actual gameplay experience in Path of Exile 2 and not just the early campaign. Could give a fuck if the existing playerbase feels like they're being cucked out of their zoom zoom AoE2win one button """gameplay""" because clear speeds should've never gotten as bad as they are in the first place.

If I wanted a game like that, I'd download an Idler.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really hoping that teaser is representative of the actual gameplay experience in Path of Exile 2 and not just the early campaign. Could give a fuck if the existing playerbase feels like they're being cucked out of their zoom zoom AoE2win one button """gameplay""" because clear speeds should've never gotten as bad as they are in the first place.

If I wanted a game like that, I'd download an Idler.
Considering the clothes of that witch, it is probably like your first area boss enemy like Hillock.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i wanted to try some zombies so i rolled a Witch, got the minion gem and erased her lul.

Wonder if i can make a necro-like build with my Templar. Looking at the passives tree there's an entire branch right off the bat that boosts minions, so it seems like i'm already poised to try it. I think i'm going to waste a respec point by just building my passives blind, without looking for guides, which is guaranteed to turn into shit hence why i'm basically burning away a respec point but what the hell.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Wonder if i can make a necro-like build with my Templar
You can.
Templar can eventually ascend into a secondary class that gets and gives a lot of boosts if there's multiple friendlies around (summons count as friendlies for this). It used to be very subpar compared to true necro, but then true necro got a massive nerf, although it's still probably slightly better.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So i wanted to try some zombies so i rolled a Witch, got the minion gem and erased her lul.

Wonder if i can make a necro-like build with my Templar. Looking at the passives tree there's an entire branch right off the bat that boosts minions, so it seems like i'm already poised to try it. I think i'm going to waste a respec point by just building my passives blind, without looking for guides, which is guaranteed to turn into shit hence why i'm basically burning away a respec point but what the hell.

Yes you can! With zombies, dominating blow, holy relic, herald of purity and a carrion golem. Your own righteous crusade. With Guardian ascendancy and some aura gems you'll be unstopable.

all you're doing is admitting the loot system is shit. 99% of what drops is absolute dogshit to the point where people need to run highly customized filters instead of GayGayGay just removing the pointless filler items. and it's not just 1c items, it can go as far as 5c depending on how old the league is. direct player interaction trading is a retarded relic of the past and there's no objective reason as to why it should still be the only system. stay coping moron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom