Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
They keep adding arrows to bow skills for some reason.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
IMO you guys should consider Blade Fall + Blade Blast
I might consider this. Blade fall did technically get buffed since you no longer have to self cast it. Spellslinger to turn it into 1 button build? :M

ArchAngel

Arcane
I might do some Guardian summoner again if they didn't neft guardian after just one league.. maybe those new corpses are good spectres and I can try those..
Last league I went Guardian SRS and got to mid red maps where my progress stopped because I needed to buy good stuff and everything is more expensive on console and it is not possible to get good support Spectres..

Or I will just spend few weeks or months playing a better game like Rogue Trader.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
IMO you guys should consider Blade Fall + Blade Blast
I might consider this. Blade fall did technically get buffed since you no longer have to self cast it. Spellslinger to turn it into 1 button build? :M
Just get some cast speed until it feels good to play and cast both spells manually once every 10 seconds, then run Plague Bearer the rest of the time. Load up on boss invitations, spec into Runebinder, attach two Arcanist Brand linked with Blade Fall to the boss and go ham with Blade Blast = win.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
new BALL

if I can put it in mines again I'm gunna come
such classic, vintage experience to re-live again

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
how is melee in this game?
Haven't played in a while, but it's not that great for single-target melee.

AoE is more efficient except for bosses, so good melee skills are either AoE or you have to multiply the single-target attacks in some way to spread them around. Plenty of fun, but it's "melee".

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Actual melee? Terrible. PoE is pretty bad about pathing, directing your character to an enemy you failed to click on by 2 pixels, and melee range is truly crap unless you invest way too much into it, so anything that wants to stay out of melee with you can do so pretty easily.

Skills that are classified as melee, but actually just fling projectiles around or function as massive AoE spell blasts that also happen to hit near your toes, can be okay.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The Warden Ascendancy will give attackers powerful alternatives to regular flasks and also permanent uptime for flasks on bosses. The Warlock Ascendancy potentially quintuples your single target damage on bosses depending on the skill you use and the internal cooldown of one of the curses. It also theoretically provides you with an additional window for dpsing with the mechanic that lets you ignore all damage for the remaining 40% of the duration of a curse on a boss.

There are also unknown alt quality gems being made for many melee skills. One of them could turn out great. That said, only Boneshatter is a top tier starting build at the moment. On everything else you will struggle to progress until you can swap to one of the stronger alt quality versions or get good gear.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haven't played in a while, but it's not that great for single-target melee.

AoE is more efficient except for bosses, so good melee skills are either AoE or you have to multiply the single-target attacks in some way to spread them around. Plenty of fun, but it's "melee".
It is not even that bad damage wise, at worst you will clear slower. Main problem is that everyone in endgame deals so much damage only real defense is to kill them faster than they kill you or have them not target you at all.
This is main reason true melee falls apart.

Lhynn

Arcane
Thread name should change, its not majestic incline, but it is one of the few time wasters where you wont get laughed out of the room here if you play it.

Falksi

Arcane
Wow. Never thought I'd see such a decline game be embraced so much on the Codex of all places. It's literally Gauntlet without the need for any real skill. Fucking dire game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wow. Never thought I'd see such a decline game be embraced so much on the Codex of all places. It's literally Gauntlet without the need for any real skill. Fucking dire game.
What kind of games need skill? Dark Souls? Witcher 3?
Some other genre?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They changed some patch notes, interesting. Gem device is now active in all labs, not just at the end of uber lab. Grunker maybe with this we can get a different RF from the first lab and can still level smoothly with RF?

Insert copium meme

brzt3jmp864c1.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
They changed some patch notes, interesting. Gem device is now active in all labs, not just at the end of uber lab. Grunker maybe with this we can get a different RF from the first lab and can still level smoothly with RF?

Insert copium meme

brzt3jmp864c1.jpg
What trans gem you get from lab is random. Only thing not random is that if you put in a Int Gem, you will get a random Int gem back.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Insert copium meme

brzt3jmp864c1.jpg
I think the Lab change is just clarifying wrong patch note, in Q&A it was said that you can transfigure in normal lab, just that it will be random chance to get the transfigure option you want, while in Eternal Lab you have 2 crafts so the chance is higher.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They also did some minor FAQ

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3452002

Best part is, IMHO

Raging Spirit Minions basic attack now have increased damage and damage effectiveness scaling with gem level roughly matching the old "Minions deal X% More Damage" modifier. This results in almost similar damage after the change. However, this does mean that Summon Raging Spirits will now not be as strong with Minion Instability. There might be a Transfigured version to help out with that though…

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there going to be another league before PoE2?

I skipped this one since i did the one that ended in August and i needed a buffer. Would like to pick up the game again at the start of the next league but i'm not sure if PoE2 will be out by then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom