Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Got any tips for how to make it? All the builds seem to be outdated.
Try adding the current league version (3.22) when you search for builds on youtube. But for the most part not much has changed when building Arakaali's. Can't vouch for this, but it's a start: https://pobb.in/5Pnddhsr2GFx

He goes for Suppression and Block

You can farm a lot of this gear yourself in SSF. Access to Abyss is plentiful via regular methods, 7th Gate Keystone or simply rerolling Tujen's shop window. He can offer ilvl86 abyss jewels starting from character level 90. Personally, I like doing the Oppenheimer Expedition much more than Abyss, but you might have trouble actually completing the encounter. Up to you. Can also combine both for even more access to jewels, but you'll have to roll them eventually. Either with Harvest or with Fossils or with Alteration + Augmentation + Regal.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Can't vouch for this, but it's a start:
Yeah. Seems decent. I also typed some random stuff into pob and it seems really easy to make the spiders to infinite damage. Only thing I am a bit worried about is I don't have a writhing jar. I'd probably have to chance/farm it somehow because otherwise the build seems very fragile.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah. Seems decent. I also typed some random stuff into pob and it seems really easy to make the spiders to infinite damage. Only thing I am a bit worried about is I don't have a writhing jar. I'd probably have to chance/farm it somehow because otherwise the build seems very fragile.

Eh Writhing Jar is not really needed, I used some basic spell to kill just random mobs and spiders respawn from it is enough to do the rest. That weapon is really powerful.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Eh Writhing Jar is not really needed, I used some basic spell to kill just random mobs and spiders respawn from it is enough to do the rest. That weapon is really powerful.
Yeah but occasionally you'll get boss encounters without minions, or where you died and there are no minions around, etc, etc. They do have pretty good base duration so I'm not worried for normal maps, but something like a maven invitation or guardian?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You could try magic finding with the new Meticulous Appraiser Keystone. Use Eater Influence for a better chance at quant option on altars and let it rip. I wouldn't recommend chancing, it's like buying a lottery ticket when you can't pay your bills. Magic Finding on the other hand can yield very useful results and is fun.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
40.png

It's joever.

I still wanna continue playing the league, as it's the most fun one in recent memory. The TotA -> mapping -> Sanctum rotation is just so potent and refreshing compared to anything we had before. Having a Mageblood increases the fun as well.

I'm definitely going to hit the 2k rating in TotA at the very least, since I'm at 1600-1700 already anyway and it's a lot of fun. I also want to try and "farm" a Fulcrum for the Chieftain Self Ignite Autobomber, but might end up simply muling over 30 Divines onto a trade char and playing it there. The build in question:

Two other builds I'd love to try out is the Impending Doom, since this is the last league it's going to be functional (and I found like 4 Vixen's already) and Hexblast Miner. We'll see how motivated I am with Cyberpunk and BG3 breathing down my neck.

I would also like to test some of the new Keystones, especially Ghost Busting, but I still haven't managed to get the defensive neck from team Hinekora yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't do a single minute of league mechanic before I quit. If new Guardian was not as fun this league would have been a huge failure.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm definitely going to hit the 2k rating in TotA at the very least, since I'm at 1600-1700 already anyway and it's a lot of fun. I also want to try and "farm" a Fulcrum for the Chieftain Self Ignite Autobomber, but might end up simply muling over 30 Divines onto a trade char and playing it there. The build in question:

lmao
mkBvysn.png

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
They forgot to include the PC specs needed to be able to play it.

E: apparently the performance is so bad now that even GeForce Now is having issues :lol:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This league started in August - it's almost end of the year and it's still going??
This feels like half a year...

Perkel

Arcane
So this expansion will be the last one before POE2 beta ? And it is supposed to be big one.
I wonder if they will go into whole linking POE1 to POE2 story.
When they originally unveiled POE2 they said each expansion will build some story structure for POE2 to start.

Also i wonder how much time their beta will take. In case of POE1 it was years as it was effectively indie project but this time they had around 10 years of preparation so i expect it to be shorter probably month or two.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Last expansion but not the last league. We gonna get at least 1 more league before the beta.
They tend to change lore bits on fly, we won't have solid info till we play the beta about that one. There were some connection when they show it in the first ExileCon but no solid info again.
About it's lenght, they said they wanted to be in beta at least 1 year in one of their streams. I found that fabulously optimistic.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
So I'm "racing" and made 82 in weekend, playing as a elementalist with reaper, feeding it with respawning golems. Reaper is OK but it can't handle large groups because it can't be everywhere at the same time. Golems help a bit too while I'm sitting behind my huge defences and laugh.

I skipped both Kalandra and Sentinel leagues so I'm having lots of fun. Both mechanics are nice enough on their own but together they are great!

Got some shitty MTX from the first box, a ring effect that gives a skill to paint ground like lava...

ArchAngel

Arcane
In the end I did zero minutes of last league mechanics even with getting to lvl 92 or so and doing some low level red maps before I got bored of pointless grinding. If it forces me to leave the map I am clearing I do not like it and prefer to not engage with league mechanics. Poe for me is all about leveling and completing maps, anything that does not do both at same time I hate it.
But I am not their target audience, they prefer no life losers that will spend 200+h playing grinding each league.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
tl;dr: my most played league by far; Mageblood makes the game 2-3 times more fun; Sanctum -> mapping -> TotA rotation keeps the game fresh and enables juiced mapping strats with Sextants and Unmakings galore even in SSF; new Atlas Keystones make the endgame more varied

Played a metric fuckton this league despite having to spend time with gf multiple times (can't play for days when I'm over there), Balders Gay 3, Cyberpunk, Dave the Diver, Disgaea 7, Teamfight Tactics and Everspace 2 stealing my playtime. Much more than in any previous league to date so I wanted to cap it all off with a smol review on the chars and mapping strats I played. Also played way more characters than I usually do.

chars_1.png
chars_2.png

Having so many different characters made me collect way more gear and made my play sessions feel more rewarding because of it. IMO this is the optimal way to play a League. Get one or two characters that you try to really min-max and 4+ characters as side projects which you passively collect all the gear for.

Kjaska_Disgarfge https://pobb.in/3Z5m469Hu-DD The notorious Discharge build abusing the bugged interaction with the disabled Ralakesh boots and weapon swap. Loved playing this in maps, Special Uber Lab and Lab Trials, Sanctum, Heist and doing Ubers on it. Uber Sirus felt like regular on this. Playstyle is less clunky than you might think since weapon swap can be done while moving, so it's a 1.5 button build instead of a 2 button build, realistically. With tattoos and alt quality Temporal Rift my CD on Discharge was 1,4s and that felt like exactly good enough (it comes off CD right when Beyond monsters are damageable after killing the pack that spawns them for example). It has good max hit and good recovery, making it decently tanky and very comfy to play in 99% of situations. It also runs very fast, making the game just that much more fun. Added bonus is the ability to use Mirror charges orbiting planets MTX. Negatives of the build are: can't level gems in the 2nd weapon set; can't use Berserk; can't magic find on it; have to keep weapon swapping for the recovery to work; RF drains your ES despite leech, making you much more vulnerable (I only used it for Sanctum battle and boss rooms); Power Charge rings and corruption implicits are tedious to farm in SSF. Even if GGG somehow lets the buggy interaction of the Ralakesh boots live next patch, without the CDR from tattoos this build will be substantially weaker and clunkier to play. I'm glad I got to play it at least once and am going to miss it next League.

Kjaska_Garf https://pobb.in/gKL3k5dhgkRy The classic Tornado Shot zoomer supercharged by projectile tattoos and Magablood. Excellent character capable of doing basically any content, including heavy magic finding. My bow isn't great, so I didn't even try Ubers on it. Didn't feel like farming Harbies to improve the bow either. It's very fast, tanky enough for most regular content and comfy to play. Allowed me to farm a lot of things this league and farm them quickly. What would have felt out of reach in previous leagues felt doable this time (like getting Fulcrum). Chances are high that Deadeye/Tornado Shot/Bows get a nerf this patch, despite the removal of tattoos already being a big nerf. If by some miracle no nerfs happen, I'll be doing this as my starter (Lightning Arrow first, then transition into Tornado Shot with good gear).

Kjaska_Garfblaster https://pobb.in/LK18s1Ikvxmr The Hexblast Miner Life Stacker Sabooty. Powerful build. Uses a lot of Uniques that are very farmable in SSF (for now). Strong for bossing and Sanctum. Can run very fast with Berserk and Withering Step. Decently tanky, but Dots absolutely rape it. Wouldn't call it "comfy", but definitely better than many other builds out there. Big minus is that you really want 2x Split Personalities to max this character out and farming those is a giant pain in SSF. I might still roll this next League to farm Sanctum and Ubers, if no better build is discovered.

Kjaska_Garfling: a trash Ice Spear Totems attempt that I couldn't stomach playing because it was just not tanky and fast enough. If you ever want to feel cucked, play this.

Kjaska_ImpendingGarf: Classic Impending Doom Pathfinder. Despite having an Awakened Spell Cascade didn't feel great. Clear speed is okay, but single target is very lacking. This was probably much better before the nerfs to Poison. Wouldn't recommend it unless the overlapping interaction of Vixen's is kept intact AND there are buffs to poison somehow.

Kjaska_LileanGarf https://pobb.in/Z9mXSdzpi7Fr The Fulcrum Self Iginite Chieftain. A very strange, but satisfying build to play. The big plus of this build is that you don't even have to press any buttons to play it, it clears via RF and the pseudo RF giga Ignite that you proliferate onto the enemies after the first pack clear. It's really only good in high density environments. Not a great character by any means, but it was fun to try it out. Looks very cool with the new Sulphur Flask MTX.

Kjaska_Tutel: A Molten Strike Slayer with the Rakiata sword. It has damage, but it's melee and the clear just feels inadequate after playing a Tornado Shot character. Definitely worth a play for anyone who likes Melee and doesn't want to play Boneshatter, but ultimately not worth the time investment when stronger options are available.

Kjaska_XXIII: https://pobb.in/sgcNmEfWnfkU Started out as Cold Dot Elementalist (don't recommend as a starter anymore, it felt like garbo) but transitioned it into the Void Sphere cheese character for TotA. Very specialized and unique character. Basically unplayable anywhere else except TotA. Makes TotA essentially free content. Comfy to play, interesting to upgrade and tinker with. Glad to have been able to use some obscure skills and items like the Gorgon's Gaze helmet. Went from 85 to 100 by just doing TotA.

Speaking of TotA: the rewards at rank 2000 were great. I found a lot useful things that are otherwise hard to come by in SSF like Empower/Enlighten/Enhance, Unmakings/Sextants, rare div cards, not to mention all the TotA specific loot like Omens and Tattoos. The gameplay however was everything other than good. I was really pissed off at first at the scaling, but with the cheese character I was able to mitigate the retarded damage output from the monsters. I can see this type of content be more suited towards PoE2 combat, but it's still channeling wood instead of killing monsters and that's never a good trade. I'll miss the ability to play such an unorthodox character and the rewards from it, but I'm already dreadful of PoE2's League content, if TotA is an glimpse of things to come.

Some thoughts on Sanctum: if you have a strong character for it, it's pretty good for enabling mapping strategies with the amount of Sextants and Unmakings it provides. It also helps with Divines, although I never really crafted that much this League because my builds tended to run mostly Uniques instead of rares. It can still be very tilting if you get raped by the layout. It's very aids content for basically any build that isn't Tornado Shot, Shockwave Totem, Hexblast Miner or Discharge. If they make it even harder next patch, I'm gonna rage.

Some thoughts on Meticulous Appraiser Keystone: massive buff for SSF. With the virtually infinite Sextants from Sanctum, the reasonable access to Winged Reliquary Scarabs from Jun + Harvest swaps, the Endless Nightmare Keystone for permanent Delirium you can reliably farm most global drop Uniques in the game on a tier6 map now. The strategy involves stacking as much IIQ/IIR as you can and hunting ghosted rare and unique mobs. This was even more fun than magic finding back in the t3 Tower days of Scourge League. It also made some alternative magic finding gear more viable this patch, since you're looking for maximum rarity instead of quantity. I hope they don't nerf the Keystone so quickly after implementing it. If it's kept intact, I'll try to find a Mageblood this way next League.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
More skill trees, additional inventory, Metamorph gone forever, Ulti and Trialmasters are back... changed lab, twisted skill gems...

I've expected barebone league but this exceed my expectations tremendously (is that a word?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom