Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
Oh so you're actually retarded and weren't just pretending earlier. Good to know.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Open beta trailer was better and the Templar one too.Still some great music in it and overall the ost is fantastic.Favorite one is "The Warden's Quarters"

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Found my first 5l armor in, what, 2 complete play-troughs to lvl 75+? I think I've found more Exalted Orbs at this point, which in itself is less than I've got fingers on my hand.

In guild related news, big THANK YOU goes the bro who put a 97% crit chance, 49% spell damage dagger in the stash. That shit really helps.

Marsal

Arcane
Found my first 5l armor in, what, 2 complete play-troughs to lvl 75+? I think I've found more Exalted Orbs at this point, which in itself is less than I've got fingers on my hand.

In guild related news, big THANK YOU goes the bro who put a 97% crit chance, 49% spell damage dagger in the stash. That shit really helps.
If it's low(er) level dagger, I think it was me. I've been treating the guild stash as a boost for making new characters. If not, then it was probably our glorious leader. I've used his hammers and maces for dual wield ranger build. Thanks Hoax!

Just put it back (or replace it with something better/similar), when you're done with it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I put a couple of shit yellows in the stash after randomly looking at them. I generally vendor them without bothering unless they concern my character directly. I guess i should start to pay more attention to them now that i hit 50.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Love the ring for my Endurance Charge build. Do they stack? Maybe i can get another one (they seem to pretty reviled on chat for some reason, maybe i'll find it cheap).

Jigawatt

Arcane
Thanks to the bro who took me through Piety a few nights ago (who was that by the way?).

I think my poor witch is a lost cause and won't be making it to Cruel though. In focusing on spell damage output to get through the first 90% of the game I just can't live through Dominus. Lesson learned I guess. I suppose it's good that any old dumbass build just can't power through solo

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Those comments, man.

I’ve seen a lot of nice talk about this, some nice reviews, I’m glad to have something to fill the void until Grim Dawn.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Aothan

Magister
from what I recall the Path of Exile community received Grim Dawn fairly well when the alpha/beta became available, moreover just about everything I have heard suggests the game has promise, except maybe for a few recent comments in the Grim Dawn thread. Comparisons between the two are probably entirely premature if not misplaced since any who can enjoy games of the genre could likely play and appreciate the merits of both.

my character has just started Cruel Act 3 and the change in difficult is noticeable almost from the first few waves, so it is probably time I started to change some of my choices of equipment for more practical options. I have used Sadima's Touch almost exclusively besides for Vaal and Domninus which has most likely helped with acquiring a useful number of orbs but is now too much of a risk for a melee Ranger. It is also time that I start branching into the 'advanced skills' of the Ranger, namely Arrow Dodging ("Ondar's Guile"), Herbalism and Crystal Skin. Also I've noticed that the cluster of weapon nodes placed between the Ranger and Shadow area have additional life values. Odd as this may sound I think it could be worthwhile placing points into two or three of those clusters even if the related weapon types are not used rather than expending points to reach the next set of life nodes.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
any specific classes/builds you can recommend on first run in PoE? i like boobs, magic and explosions+M

Fire Witch or Scion is right up your alley. You can use Fireball, Incenerate, Fire Trap, Corpse Explosion, Firestorm in any combination to wreak havoc (don't forget to curse mobs with Flammability). Searing Touch is a cheap unique staff you can buy with your first few Chaos Orbs and use it until you get better items. It's super fun. Don't follow builds religiously on your first character, just pick whatever sounds awesome, but always keep in mind that you shouldn't pick just offensive nodes.

Fart Master

Savant
any specific classes/builds you can recommend on first run in PoE? i like boobs, magic and explosions+M

it doesnt have boobs (unless you count pecks) magic or explosions but Ground Slam marauder is the #1 noob build and doesnt require special considerations in gearing/gems. Its also a legit lategame powerhouse once you're able to stack attack speed.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man even with the Portal Gem i'm still running out of Scrolls of Wisdom. Totally worth it though it, since Fusings appear to be so expensive (not sure why, since unlike Chaos they are easily farmed).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Marauder is easy to build, if anything. I've been moving up the skill tree somewhat brazenly, assuming i was going to fuck it up anyway, but so far it doesn't i made any real mistake.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I wouldn't personally recommend Marauder as a starting class simply because of how slow and sluggish the game-play with him feels for the first time, especially until you get to Resolute Technique. Many new players seem to be turned off by it. I consider Duelist to be a way better option as it offers a lot more versatility and the much needed early mana and attack speed. His starting area of the tree is just fantastic.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No AOE skill with Duelist is pretty boring imo.Leap slamming and one shoting packs with sweep without worrying of death ,because a lots of HP nods sounds more fun to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom