Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
Either way, EK is not a very good prestige class.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Who gives a shit what your AC is if you're playing a reach fighter
Prepare to be one-shot by every bow faggot in gaem then

Either way, EK is not a very good prestige class.
rong

Why would you not go Dex on this character?
generally speaking if you go dex on anything without sneak then instead of haploing for 750 damage u'll just do 70 damage. because it doesn't scale with best buffs in the game

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
the only bad prestige is mystic theurge and even for that you can probably come up with at least one build maybe

Bard/EK is one of my standard Unfair characters, be it support ranged or melee

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's good even for some feats and qualifying for Feats and AB, similarly to DD. (but DD is only useful for Melee STR)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
generally speaking if you go dex on anything without sneak then instead of haploing for 750 damage u'll just do 70 damage. because it doesn't scale with best buffs in the game

Haha, "haploing", good one.

Thank you, Shadenaut, you've made my day! :mlady:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Why would you not go Dex on this character?

Akshually, a counter-intuitive secret is to still use Legendary Proportions, even on a Dex build. You will loose 2 AB (as opposed to gain 1 on a Str build) and 1 AC, but your damage will be like 1/3 higher (and you should have more min-maxed starting spread). If you use a solid weapon, of course, none of those d4 needles, d6 is pretty bad too. An Estoc would be nice, though. Dueling sword would work also. Or longsword/falcata if magus (=free offhand) with slashing/fencing grace.
But I guess 95% of the players will miss that.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Redeemer I've been told for dex for slashing grace is good.

But I play rogue dungeon so I don't rely on weapon picks or even legendaries (dinosaur bones cost moneys and never fall from enemies)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Training nearly complete.

dmg images were here

...I have trouble understanding why some people seem to think they should multiclass their Sword Saints to do more damage.

Impressive, how was the character doing at earlier levels though?

He was doing very well. First levels slightly squishy - but not moreso then other characters. Challenge basically ended with him getting Mirror Image at level 4 (already had it at the Stag Lord fort).
Strong martial-wise and Spell Combat Intensified Empowered Maximized Shocking Grasp Spellstrike provides huge burst - and also an easy solution to DR sponge mobs, such as elementals.

Kinda had to wait for a long time to upgrade the Flaming Bastard +1 to Ovinrbaane, had no luck with Oppressor. Not such a huge deal for a magus, who can self-enchant his weapons (so you always have a response to DR). Then, after finally getting Ovinrbaane in mid chapter IV, was practically "cut-off" from magus signature Spell Combat ability for a chapter, as moving back to a sad +1 was... kinda difficult.
But then I finally got Ravenna's to pair with Ovinrbaane with and all is well.

I will admit Vital Strike is getting very little use though. And it makes very little sense to rush it.

Hello once again, everyone. A quick question, or rather request, since I don't have access to the game right now: if someone takes a Sylvan Sorcerer, chooses a pet, then multiclasses with Feyspeaker, NOT choose a pet, will the pet from the Sorcerer level with both classes, or just the Sorcerer? The in-game description is unclear, since it talks about leveling with every "druid level". If someone could check this in-game, I'd be really grateful.
no.

Pet levels stack ONLY IF YOU SELECT PET FOR ALL CLASSES INvolved.

If you want to go caster/ pet select one class and stick with it all the way to 20. Tjat is just how patjfinder works.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I mean all you really need is wizards.

A note for the people above, though: you can multiclass and keep a full level pet if you pick other classes that also have a pet, or if you take Boon Companion and keep your non-pet levels to a maximum of 4 (Boon Companion makes up for 4 non-growth levels). But yeah, multiclassing a spellcaster is often unwise because you lose spell growth and that's the whole reason you take those classes.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Do we have a good build for sorcerer? I was thinking in start a dragon bloodline, but I am open to suggestions.

Shadenuat

Arcane
be a sorcerer

uuhh

that's it.

bloodlines I like:
sage - the dc god
sylvan - the noobmaster
dragon - elemental damage
earth elemental - transforms any elemental damage to acid
fey - +2 DC on all Enchant spells from just level 1.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
Serpentine sorcerer 1 / enchanter might be interesting. Serpentine has been bugged since release, so it's not worth going all the way, but their bloodline power should apply to the wizzie spells when multiclassed.

deuxhero

Arcane
Found a tomb in Chapter 2 and visited since it was near the path I was going on for the DLC companion's quest. Interesting dungeon with a good trap that you won't just skip by savescumming.
I encountered a group of bandits at the start. I could have scared them off, but I killed them for loot (+2 crossbow, some other stuff). Condemning people from stealing from a tomb then robbing it yourself is a bit weird, but it works here (at least in my head). I didn't kill them for being graverobbers, but for being merobbers: This tomb is in my barony and it's my resource to be consumed in my preferred manor. Whoever made the tomb doesn't own it because property claims expire well short of 11,000+ years (Not explicitly stated, but it has cyclops empire stuff, meaning pre-Earthfall).

Anyways, onto the dungeon. While I did have a save at the start of the dungeon (though even if you aren't that diligent, the number of autosaves the game makes should prevent even a less cautious player from being trapped), I appreciated that trapping yourself in the dungeon isn't immediately obvious since the door closes a room away and after a not that challenging, but not trivial, fight (pic related, showing how battlefield control really does control the battlefield).

69j7ta.jpg

After this fight you have to deal with much more deadly Skeletal Archers as you are trapped in. A noticible difficulty spike like this really sells the trap: If the immediate ambush was that hard I would have reloaded and left before triggering it, but if the follow up was only that hard I would have clobbered them and not really been as doomed as I was, too much a spike and I would have just said fuck that and reloaded. I was about ready to call shenanigans for some undead HD1/Fighter 4 intelligent undead apparently having Point Blank Master (they don't take AoOs for firing ranged weapons in melee), but they just barely qualify for it (take Weapon Specialization as the 4th level fighter bonus feat and PBM as the general feat for having 5 HD). These guys are really deadly, but fortunately I had a (not all that) cunning plan: Go forward with one, high initiative, character that runs away after provoking the enemies and lures the enemies toward a corner with the rest of my team behind it.

I couldn't kill the final "Lonely Undead" (he twice got a crit and instantgibbed my full health bloodrager!), let alone have the resources to explore the basement, but fortunately I could just... walk around him. Weirdly low awareness zone, but I'll take it. Managed to escape the tomb with no spells left on several of my casters. Fortunately my capital was near enough I could rest up back there (my group got tried on the way, but the rest of the journey took less time than hunting would). Out of this whole ordeal I got a level on my mercenaries (who are slightly behind my MC/companions due to lack of prologue XP) and a bunch of nice loot including my first pair of robes in the game. Sadly the robes are useless to me (boost cold spells, but I don't know any). I'll definitely be back.

(For the record I'm playing on a custom difficulty with everything set to normal. Why this isn't a default option I'll never know)

Also realized the quest to recruit Octavia and what'shisname is chapter 1 only. Meh, something to do my second playthrough.

edit: TT1
That depends on what you want your sorcerer to do. There's tons of things a sorcerer can do, and which you want them to do depends on the rest of your party. Mine is a Sylvan Sorcerer that buffs the animal companion before battle and throws around save or die to control the battlefield and neutralize strong enemies during it. You could do a Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1/Dragon Disciple/Eldritch Knight for a magic heavy gish that can throw around debuffs on their melee attacks with curnogen smash. Emperyl/Zen Archer is also an option. Sorcerer is a fairly versatile class.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'd like to be at distance, using elemental damage to blow stuff. I know that Draconic bloodline could be good for this, but I could not find a good detailed build, so far.

Some people say that Arcane bloodline is the most powerful, but I'd be willing to sacrifice some power for fun.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, he has unique version of summoning spells as class ability, they last longer but does not allow multiple casts. Normal spells in spellbooks are not affected by it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean all you really need is wizards.

A note for the people above, though: you can multiclass and keep a full level pet if you pick other classes that also have a pet, or if you take Boon Companion and keep your non-pet levels to a maximum of 4 (Boon Companion makes up for 4 non-growth levels). But yeah, multiclassing a spellcaster is often unwise because you lose spell growth and that's the whole reason you take those classes.

Pets only lvl 3 for every 4 char lvls even for pet classes, so if you want a fully leveled pet you need boon + no dips. Late pet classes will be -3 lvls at end regardless.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I on purpose took some shitty feats to qualify for new Swordlord. I looked upon new Swordlord and weeped. What a shit on a stick class.

How about dex SS4, Barb2 Motherless bite tripper + dirty tricker - gets uncanny dodge to charge in, doesn't need much CHA or feats to intimidate, fighting defensively/combat expertise penalty ameliorated by Swordlord (avoiding need for crane). Stack INT and DEX. A lot of bonus AC and AB once you land a hit/crit and SS can help with that. If this were pvp, denying competence, morale, and insight bonuses would be huge. Not sure how well that plays here.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nobody needs much CHA to intimidate, a huge dude with str to intimidate and some endgame items sends endgame enemies running; lowering penalties for fighting defensively is cool I guess if you abhore monk dips as I do, but all these abilities are not perfect when it comes saving yourself from slay living concealment ignoring arrows to the face. SS/Duelist at least adds INT to AC twice so you end up fairly protected most of the time. Enemies don't really use competence/morale/insight I think, like there is one part of the game where you fight bards but they're super weak and die to left click. improved dazzling is cool I guess but you need time to apply additional -1 bonuses. and generally I just don't find dex bros that damaging.

If you're going to do this anyway I would probably make a mercenary later. Save a feat on adding dex to damage Swordlord gives you.

It is funny how this is the only class who gets Improved Expertise in a way. This should be a standard feat and fuck crane styles and monks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom