Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Bokken has delay poison communal and restoration lesser scrolls, always a must before Sycamore.

I think the skeletons are much more problematic than centipedes.

I am replaying kingmaker too waiting for a little bit of patches on RT, unfortunately I am already at the end of chapter 8 :(

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Bokken has delay poison communal and restoration lesser scrolls, always a must before Sycamore.

I am replaying kingmaker too waiting for a little bit of patches on RT, unfortunately I am already at the end of chapter 8 :(
Hmm. Now I can't think for the life of me why I didn't just cast that spell.

I'm sure there was a reason

I carved those skeletons up like little bitches, it was easy as fuck

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Hmm. Now I can't think for the life of me why I didn't just cast that spell.

I'm sure there was a reason

I carved those skeletons up like little bitches, it was easy as fuck
One of few wipes I had in P:K was falling down on my own Grease and getting bum rushed by that second group.

The ones in that forgotten tomb can get on you if you’re there to soon or spells are depleted too.

volklore

Arcane
That's why you use the mod that changes difficulty scaling so that the inverted difficulty curve is fixed

Also Wrath still doesn't get this right, the Shield Maze is the hardest part of the game by far
I tend to find early act2 harder than maze. The maze just has a few anti-suffer tricks that make it a lot better. Protective luck on cam, picking the one of lann wendu you are not going to keep with you at the end and throwing their build away for a leopard, the vendor has 1 or 2 mage armor potions (and you can find some more in the maze). If you have mage armor on a char (on MC usually) you can spam rest every 2 fights with no downsides.

volklore

Arcane
Gargs? The swarms? I must admit I found them pretty challenging
Garga, swarms, Cementary where you are dropped in the middle of two spawning waves of skelettons with minimum buffs (you can consume up on the map but that's it), even the babau ambush in the seelah quest can be quite challenging, the plagued smilo if you try them early etc...
That said I play in TB mostly and at that point you can't have ramped up initiative enough to ensure good turn order and enemies have a tendency to rush the flat-footed MC a lot.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ah yes that fucking Cemetery lmao

My improved Aeon would cake walk it now cos it gets mounted from level 1, but the old one didn't have it till level 7 and that was a fucking nightmare

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
By the time I hit the smilos my team was destroying everything it came across tbh

My main tank could practically face tank them

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
well I just finished wrath unfair run this year and I found chapter 1 harder than prologue, chapter 1 had 2 fights I could not finish (vrock + 1 ghost boy). managed to kill everything else in the game

regarding new spells

1706050280121.png

this spell is so busted

stag lord was a joke turn based, he spent first 3 rounds buffing (mirror + eagle + eagle I think) and did not attack even once. I was level 5 did every area except that invisibility rat area was too hard for now but should be doable with some glitter or see sneaky stuff spell

Desiderius

Patron
Good tank goes a long way.

Rest of team has *just* enough time to get to the side on Cemetary to get some buffs down and Seelah Tower doesn't care about flat-foot. Protector of Life Amulet with Death Ward cast from Sos and Veil from Seelah give her extra 4 AC.

Garg cave is probably toughest expecially with Good MC (Seelah is Good too). I think that's what the dude chilling off to the side is for. Just let Reg handle it now that his weapon is properly Magic and have a smoke down there.

Let the Hellknight prove his worth.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1706136140849.png

:hmmm:

dunno if this is cotw thing or original but skill DCs are constantly fucked, higher than listed

Cael

Arcane
well I just finished wrath unfair run this year and I found chapter 1 harder than prologue, chapter 1 had 2 fights I could not finish (vrock + 1 ghost boy). managed to kill everything else in the game

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

stag lord was a joke turn based, he spent first 3 rounds buffing (mirror + eagle + eagle I think) and did not attack even once. I was level 5 did every area except that invisibility rat area was too hard for now but should be doable with some glitter or see sneaky stuff spell
Invisible ratmen are

only invisible and a problem if you trip the alarm trap at the entrance.

volklore

Arcane

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Lvl 3 spells is really when shit gets real for casters (not that they are bad before, but a lot of sick spells at lvl 3). One of the most impactful change in CoTW is having Octavia start as a pure wizard rather than locked in the AT route with Wiz1/rogue1. Now every MC can benefit from having arcane spells on curve even if not using mercs.

Really enjoying the wizard MC so far, having spells 1 lvl earlier than sorc gets quite addictive. I haven't played KM in a while so I wonder if the smaller amount of spell slots will be a problem when rests become limited. I assume that not so much.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Invisible ratmen are

DC for trap was 32 I think I check later today so gl with that lvl 3-5 :lol:

Yosharian

Arcane

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Invisible ratmen are

Rat guys are another fight that I found very easy, the thing with them is that you can delay fighting them for quite some time

Desiderius

Patron

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Invisible ratmen are

Make it every time. You can come back to it after finishing chapter 1 if you miss it during, but learn how to use Touch of Good and the like for difficult skill checks.

See Invis Base Perception.jpgPerception Luck.jpg

Perception is important. Only phags use editors.

Desiderius

Patron

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Invisible ratmen are

Rat guys are another fight that I found very easy, the thing with them is that you can delay fighting them for quite some time
Shield Wand is useful as soon as you can get it if you train some UMD on Amiri for instance. Failed checks don't use charges.

Cael

Arcane

regarding new spells

View attachment 45939

this spell is so busted

Invisible ratmen are

You don't have to do it immediately. You can also get some boosts from a bard, and I think there were other boosters as well for detecting. I can't remember as I only played it once over a year ago. The inflated stats and DC bullshit is why I never felt the want to replay it.

Desiderius

Patron
Attack weak saves.

Why is that such a revolutionary concept for people?

Yosharian

Arcane
Hargulka was another story lol

View attachment 46010

just met this guy, guess facetanking is not gonna happen I thought 47-50 AC is pretty good for act 2 :?
oh well it has little bit less than 300 hp so prob wont take many attempts
You can face tank him with the right build but it is pretty tricky. I didn't cast Reduce Person on this attempt so I could have squeezed a bit more out of it.

Chapter-2-Tanking-Hargulka.jpg

Difficulty Modifiers Scale With Level takes a bit of the edge off his AB (as does Prayer and Archon's Aura, which you should be using), but playing with 200% HP makes him a hell of a lot beefier.

Even with enough AC to make him miss on 19 or less (possible) he still can roll 20s, and he hits hard enough that it doesn't take many hits to knock out my MC.

You have to find better solutions against this guy playing the way I do, luckily Hideous Laughter works well against him, but it was still close in the attempt I made - Laughter ran out just before he died and he got a couple of attacks off against my near-dead MC, which thankfully he rolled poorly on.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
yeah third try did the trick just buffs/debuffs and let primalist + battle host slap for 2 rounds was enough. I keep swapping all companions around (other than occultist never getting rid of it) so quite often Im missing some "essential" spells

tested most of new classes just missing like 5-6 of em

dragonic druid (drake pet) was kinda let-down and so was spiritualist's hag. eidolons have been mostly fine with small tests mainly been using snake one

so far probably the most interesting multiclass combo has been Harrim as a nature fang druid / hinterlander
can just dump dex with this which you get level 2 from hinterlander

1706209432722.png

hinterlander requires endurance but dwarf can get it pretty much free

1706209533544.png

main downside is that hinterlander's spell progression starts lvl 2 so 1 level behind compared to normal druid + need boon companion

surprisingly enough I have never tested kineticist in kingmaker / wrath so need to figure that out next

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom