Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Some Amiri highlights (all Unfair):

Amiri level 2.jpg

Early game

Amiri Druid.jpg

Druid getting to level 9 spells

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

Pounce via Relic Armor (can also use Animal Totem, Greater)

Amiri Cleavage.jpg

Cleavage in its full glory

Amiri Wispspot.jpg

Covering Perception

Amiri Athletics.jpg

and Athletics

boot

Prophet
Started playing kangmaker and I'm having a lot of fun. Made a pure magus using eldrich arcana mod for intensified spell metamagic so spell combat isn't inferior to twohanded attacks. The traits added from the mod were pretty cool, nothing grossly OP, aside from picking a trait that lets me cast intensified shocking grasp as a level 1 spell. I restarted after completing season of bloom many times, this time I think I'll actually finish the game. I planned on taking extra arcane points a bunch of times so I could spam spell recall, but you're limited to taking it only 3 times. The mod gives more feats worth picking at least.

Getting the kingdom management aspect right has been really rewarding. Everyone says not to build structures but focused building to pump up stats allows you to hit thresholds to unlock stuff. I wouldn't have had teleportation at the start of chapter 3 without building a bunch of shrines. Was reading the thread and saw that NOT taking the loan at the start was the noob choice. Still not sure about that. I spent all my gold in chapter 2 on BP to afford expansion + some focused building, and if I didn't rob the lich for more crap to sell expansion would have stalled. Only bought a few magic items. I guess if you didn't want to rob the lich you'd need the loan. Looks like I've passed the BP crunch, though, and can start saving for the tournament vendors.

Not sure what type of bombs to get for Jubilost, and feat choice for him is weird. Extra bombs for at least the first few levels, force bombs/infusion/fastbombs, anything else? Skill Focus: World? He's my favorite companion. Also struggle with Jaethal's spell picks, but I rarely use her so it doesn't really matter I guess.

This game is MUCH less gay and diverse than WotR, that matters. (Your first companion in Kingmaker? A halfling Bard. Very fitting for a fantasy roleplaying game. In WotR? A strong black female paladin + a lesbian to tag along. You can't escape the poz stupid goyim.)

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Started playing kangmaker and I'm having a lot of fun. Made a pure magus using eldrich arcana mod for intensified spell metamagic so spell combat isn't inferior to twohanded attacks. The traits added from the mod were pretty cool, nothing grossly OP, aside from picking a trait that lets me cast intensified shocking grasp as a level 1 spell. I restarted after completing season of bloom many times, this time I think I'll actually finish the game. I planned on taking extra arcane points a bunch of times so I could spam spell recall, but you're limited to taking it only 3 times. The mod gives more feats worth picking at least.

Getting the kingdom management aspect right has been really rewarding. Everyone says not to build structures but focused building to pump up stats allows you to hit thresholds to unlock stuff. I wouldn't have had teleportation at the start of chapter 3 without building a bunch of shrines. Was reading the thread and saw that NOT taking the loan at the start was the noob choice. Still not sure about that. I spent all my gold in chapter 2 on BP to afford expansion + some focused building, and if I didn't rob the lich for more crap to sell expansion would have stalled. Only bought a few magic items. I guess if you didn't want to rob the lich you'd need the loan. Looks like I've passed the BP crunch, though, and can start saving for the tournament vendors.

Not sure what type of bombs to get for Jubilost, and feat choice for him is weird. Extra bombs for at least the first few levels, force bombs/infusion/fastbombs, anything else? Skill Focus: World? He's my favorite companion. Also struggle with Jaethal's spell picks, but I rarely use her so it doesn't really matter I guess.

This game is MUCH less gay and diverse than WotR, that matters. (Your first companion in Kingmaker? A halfling Bard. Very fitting for a fantasy roleplaying game. In WotR? A strong black female paladin + a lesbian to tag along. You can't escape the poz stupid goyim.)
Dunno why people hate kingdom management so much (except ofc the usual contrarians and edgelords).
Its nothing to write home about, but if you are immersed enough its lot of fun, imho...

Cael

Arcane

Dunno why people hate kingdom management so much (except ofc the usual contrarians and edgelords).
Its nothing to write home about, but if you are immersed enough its lot of fun, imho...
It is repetitive, it has events that you can do NOTHING about before it crashes your entire kingdom into the abyss, and your buildings are generally not worth the BP for the effects. There is no tactics or strategy involved. It is just there for busywork at best, or literally give you a game over at worst.

Yosharian

Arcane
Because it's boring, repetitive, lacking depth, pointless filler content; is that enough reasons or do I need to provide more?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Everyone says not to build structures but focused building to pump up stats allows you to hit thresholds to unlock stuff.
You did the right thing, what you should not do is mindlessly filling up all your town with random building, but buying 6 on a few town to help you reach threshold n key kingdom stat is what you're supposed, it's that the overall balance of building and skills importance is very bad.

I also gave Jubilost a bunch of skill-check related feat, don't remember which one though.

The problem with kingdom mode is that you go in thinking that you build buildings to make BP like literally every other strategy game in existence, but that's not the case in Kingmaker. Instead buildings are basically all never going to repay themselves, and most of your stat points come from your advisors completing tasks. Most buildings are either useless or something you build a few of when you're lagging behind stat growth. Only a few are actually important (e.g. teleportation) .And most of your BP isn't going to come from taxes, it's going to come from your throwing your hard won gold from exploration.

For all the crap that Crusade mode in WotR gets, at least building your city to the max feels rewarding and unlocking new things felt like a big deal. Here it's like... "OK, now that I've spent 200 BP on buildings I can earn... 0.5 more BP a month in taxes. Thanks". There's no feeling of payoff because your stats are constantly increasing from events anyway, its not obvious what any of the rewards are for ranking up unless you are reading a guide, and most of your decisions on what to build besides the obvious feel meaningless.

Cael

Arcane
The problem with kingdom mode is that you go in thinking that you build buildings to make BP like literally every other strategy game in existence, but that's not the case in Kingmaker. Instead buildings are basically all never going to repay themselves, and most of your stat points come from your advisors completing tasks. Most buildings are either useless or something you build a few of when you're lagging behind stat growth. Only a few are actually important (e.g. teleportation) .And most of your BP isn't going to come from taxes, it's going to come from your throwing your hard won gold from exploration.

For all the crap that Crusade mode in WotR gets, at least building your city to the max feels rewarding and unlocking new things felt like a big deal. Here it's like... "OK, now that I've spent 200 BP on buildings I can earn... 0.5 more BP a month in taxes. Thanks". There's no feeling of payoff because your stats are constantly increasing from events anyway, its not obvious what any of the rewards are for ranking up unless you are reading a guide, and most of your decisions on what to build besides the obvious feel meaningless.
Not to mention you would need a guide to know the requirements to unlock stuff in kingdom management, especially the artisans and their quests.

razvedchiki

Erudite
what class synergises best with heavy crossbows? i was thinking of either sanctified slayer or spawn slayer (COTW mod). the cotw adds a trait that doubles luck bonuses so ss wouldnt fall too much behind in the bab department, unfortunately the mod removes the bane ability from ss because reasons.

Cael

Arcane
what class synergises best with heavy crossbows? i was thinking of either sanctified slayer or spawn slayer (COTW mod). the cotw adds a trait that doubles luck bonuses so ss wouldnt fall too much behind in the bab department, unfortunately the mod removes the bane ability from ss because reasons.
Isn't slayer the one with full bab and ranger and rogue talents?

Desiderius

Patron
Eldritch Archer.

Load up on meta from feats, rods, and arcana then double it with the wide crit range.

Yosharian

Arcane
Or wait no it seems like the mod I looked at is a completely separate mod to the original AI mod so never mind

So yeah, fuck having COTW as a required mod

Desiderius

Patron
CotW is what real bloat looks like.

It does have some things that should have been in the main game, so you can edit it I guess but it's just too much. I feel you guys when I try to play that or look at all the Shifter archetypes.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
after finishing wrath decided to test this with unfair cotw with optional stuff turned on, dear god there is shitload of feats to study

prologue final fight took 20+ tries, Amiri did not spawn and kineticist lady casting animation got stuck so she was just a meatshield
even slime chair took 7-10 tries :lol:

I got punished immediately for trying to abuse monk dip, time to respec
my beloved grease what did they do to you

still trying to figure out brawler build, sadly can only have 1 stance so need to choose between crane/dragon/pummeling.

dragon ferocity would have some synergy with shatter defense + dmg
pummeling stance -> bully should go well with maneuver training
crane is crane

most likely need to go with crane so I dont get immediately 1 shotted so that reduces options to take advantage out of maneuver training

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom