Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Nas92

Augur
That double spider ambush in Lamashtu's Womb is fucking mean. I'll never play this shit on unfair or even on a higher difficulty on normal. This kind of shit is aggravating enough as it is. That said, what's the best way to hit these primordial creatures? Can I dispel the blur and other concealment effects on them? Logic dictates no and I'd just fuck myself over if I tried. Also I really should have memorized some anti-poison spells, I should have known the obligatory spider level was coming.

behold_a_man

Educated
Also, don't keep too many save files, regularly delete those you don't need.
I'd rather encourage one to create saves you won't overwrite as a backup often—my game (clean, unmodded) started crashing at some point every time I tried to enter the Old Sycamore (and I played it a year ago). Ultimately I replayed quite a chunk of the game—it was still worth it, surely, but had I known it, I would probably make a backup save every hour or so.

behold_a_man

Educated
How big can these files get? I'm 20 hours in and my save files are no larger than 5MB.
For me, it was up to 60 megabytes by the endgame (though it might have something to do with whether you saved over with buffed characters; most of my endgame saves were <20 Mb).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don’t think I ever had any problem with loading times but I remember something about just dropping junk armor and stuff on the World Map to destroy it. Game tries to keep a record of everything laying around everywhere and tidying up helps.

Wrath handles this a lot better.

scytheavatar

Scholar
That double spider ambush in Lamashtu's Womb is fucking mean. I'll never play this shit on unfair or even on a higher difficulty on normal. This kind of shit is aggravating enough as it is. That said, what's the best way to hit these primordial creatures? Can I dispel the blur and other concealment effects on them? Logic dictates no and I'd just fuck myself over if I tried. Also I really should have memorized some anti-poison spells, I should have known the obligatory spider level was coming.

Glitterdust is your best friend. One of the most important spells in this game.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You can't dispel their innate blur. Blind Fight feat would help - but not sure I'd invest that early for that (it also comes in very handy in the final game locations). I'd say accept the miss risk, try to buff AB to land your other attacks reliably.

Delay Poison (soon Communal) is kinda broken in this game. Lasts very long, entirely blocks poison effects for the duration. Also comboes exceptionally well with Stinking Cloud, trivialising large portions of the game.
Once you have the Communal version, its kind of a no-brainer to cast it after rest.

Nas92

Augur
Finished the Season of Bloom. How much content did I miss out on by not bringing Jubilost? I should have known there would be a First World area here.

Finished the Season of Bloom. How much content did I miss out on by not bringing Jubilost? I should have known there would be a First World area here.
I didn't even get him, I hate how they implemented his first encounter. I had already been to and cleared the area he appears in, but before he was there. Am I supposed to revisit every area in the game after every story quest? This game sometimes spits on your face if you explore the maps before they are placed in the way of a main quest :argh:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

It probably doesn't matter. His companion quest dives into it.

Yosharian

Arcane
I didn't even get him, I hate how they implemented his first encounter. I had already been to and cleared the area he appears in, but before he was there. Am I supposed to revisit every area in the game after every story quest? This game sometimes spits on your face if you explore the maps before they are placed in the way of a main quest :argh:
Yup it's retarded. He's so easy to miss and he's one of the best companions.

Desiderius

Patron
You can't dispel their innate blur. Blind Fight feat would help - but not sure I'd invest that early for that (it also comes in very handy in the final game locations). I'd say accept the miss risk, try to buff AB to land your other attacks reliably.

Delay Poison (soon Communal) is kinda broken in this game. Lasts very long, entirely blocks poison effects for the duration. Also comboes exceptionally well with Stinking Cloud, trivialising large portions of the game.
Once you have the Communal version, its kind of a no-brainer to cast it after rest.
Jewb's Echolocation handles the Blur. At one point it also gave them a Concealment bonus to hit I think. Not sure if it still does.

If you're trying to use Stinking Cloud on those Spiders you're going to have to kite a lot until they fail a save. Easier ways to handle it.

Desiderius

Patron

Glitterdust is your best friend. One of the most important spells in this game.
It's good, but it's not enemies only. And beating the Will save isn't trivial on higher difficulties. Faerie Fire can cancel Displacement and Blur and Tristian has access to it if you don't have Jewb.

That encounter teaches you to scout ahead. IIRC you can't avoid the trigger but if your scout triggers it he should be able to get back to the group to hold a choke and enable nukes and AoE control spells.

Nas92

Augur
Am I imagining things or do projects also disappear from the Kingdom Management screen if you didn't get around to completing them? Cause I could swear there were a lot more curse research projects and I also can't find the Temple of the Elk projects.

Are any of these projects worth it by the way? Aside from the obligatory rank ups and trainings and such which ones should I do? That said, I really don't know how to get the time and resources for them, I'm constantly starved for BP, had to buy a lot and my council members are always either preoccupied with events and opportunities or are busy ranking up and such.

dutchwench

Novice
Am I imagining things or do projects also disappear from the Kingdom Management screen if you didn't get around to completing them? Cause I could swear there were a lot more curse research projects and I also can't find the Temple of the Elk projects.

Are any of these projects worth it by the way? Aside from the obligatory rank ups and trainings and such which ones should I do? That said, I really don't know how to get the time and resources for them, I'm constantly starved for BP, had to buy a lot and my council members are always either preoccupied with events and opportunities or are busy ranking up and such.
I'm pretty sure the entire point of projects is that they are supposed to be there forever until you get around to doing them. I have no idea what could cause something like that to happen and I hope someone chimes in. I, for one, recall doing one of the Temple projects relatively late into the game, around Act 3?

I think you should be able to fund your projects by just buying tons of BP. I mean, there isn't much to spend gold on in this game, and I think your kingdom is arguably more important than cool armor that's going to be made obsolete by armor you find for free in the next dungeon. The problem with projects is that, even if some look really good (like the trade ones), it's hard to gauge their impact on how well your kingdom is doing because the gameovers here are usually scripted. You're investing into numbers with decimals when it's a zero or a one that really decides things. That is, there are definitely some great projects that are not just advisor promotions that you should consider to do, with more of them appearing later in the game. There are projects that boost travel speed in different regions, for example. Also, curse projects are actually fairly useless unless you're going for the game's secret thing.

Nas92

Augur
If I completed a project, it should still show up in the completed stuff list, right? I believe I may have done the Curse project for Coins for a Dead Man's Eyes, but I can't find it in the completed list.

Nas92

Augur
Okay, I did find the temple projects, the screen was just way too cluttered, could barely access it. Whoever came up with this weird card system probably never actually play tested it. What the hell is wrong with a text list? The whole kingdom management screen comes off as though they were trying to fit too much in one place and were trying to impress people how pretty, efficient and hardcore this whole shit is. Guess what, it's just a clunky, buggy mess that also consumes way too many resources as evidenced by the fact that it's a fucking menu and the load times are still ridiculous.

Anyhow, another question, sort of related to kingdom management:
Is Nazrielle even worth it? I got to the point where I have to deal with her apprentice and the game tries to lamely railroad me into making a so-called evil choice. That's that for this game's handling of alignment. What the hell is evil about sending a confessed saboteur to jail? Because the woman whose work he was sabotaging is sort of a cunt and I shouldn't have made a deal with her in the first place? Even if that is the case, the apprentice is not really hurting the smith, it's just embarassing for her and probably could easily have ruined her business, the real people he's hurting are the customers.
Honestly, this whole thing is so retarded that I really want to ignore this quest or go with the Chaotic Neutral option and fail it. However, if she's gonna give me some nifty items then I guess I'll swallow the game labeling me as having committed an "evil" act. I won't bother if she only gives me scrub horseshit.
Also are all these craftsmen quest either this stupid or annoying running back and forth fetch quests?

dutchwench

Novice
Okay, I did find the temple projects, the screen was just way too cluttered, could barely access it. Whoever came up with this weird card system probably never actually play tested it. What the hell is wrong with a text list? The whole kingdom management screen comes off as though they were trying to fit too much in one place and were trying to impress people how pretty, efficient and hardcore this whole shit is. Guess what, it's just a clunky, buggy mess that also consumes way too many resources as evidenced by the fact that it's a fucking menu and the load times are still ridiculous.

Anyhow, another question, sort of related to kingdom management:
Is Nazrielle even worth it? I got to the point where I have to deal with her apprentice and the game tries to lamely railroad me into making a so-called evil choice. That's that for this game's handling of alignment. What the hell is evil about sending a confessed saboteur to jail? Because the woman whose work he was sabotaging is sort of a cunt and I shouldn't have made a deal with her in the first place? Even if that is the case, the apprentice is not really hurting the smith, it's just embarassing for her and probably could easily have ruined her business, the real people he's hurting are the customers.
Honestly, this whole thing is so retarded that I really want to ignore this quest or go with the Chaotic Neutral option and fail it. However, if she's gonna give me some nifty items then I guess I'll swallow the game labeling me as having committed an "evil" act. I won't bother if she only gives me scrub horseshit.
Also are all these craftsmen quest either this stupid or annoying running back and forth fetch quests?
Yes, all the blacksmiths have you do is just run around.
If you do what the she wants, you get a pretty damn good sword. Though I can't promise it's the best one. As for why it's evil - well, I guess it's because you have dealings with weird scary extradimensional creatures. It's definitely not law, and it can hardly be called good considering how you're engaging in monster-related fuckery for personal gain. I feel like the way they evaluate alignment choices here are more or less correct.

Nas92

Augur
I must have missed something in the dialogue, what's this about extradimensional creatures? I can't remember Nazrielle saying anything about that.
Also, just checked, she gives a +5 longsword, but I don't really have anyone specializing in longswords really.

volklore

Arcane
Anybody knows if there is a mod that mostly fixes some annoying behavior of the vanilla game without the huge swath of changes that CoTW brings.
Most of the configurable option of CoTW are pretty small in the grand scheme of things (I turn most of them off, especially the ones that fuse cleave, VS and cleaving finish feat lines into one feat each).
What I mean is implementing things like refuse rage for inspire ferocity etc...

Desiderius

Patron

Sounds like you suck at Kingmaking.

That's the name of the game. Do it better.

it's just a clunky, buggy mess that also consumes way too many resources as evidenced by the fact that it's a fucking menu and the load times are still ridiculous.
Nah, you heard a meme, believed it, so never bothered to figure it out and now you're coping.

Happens. Has nothing to do with loading times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom