Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cat

also: ⛽
Ah, I thought the prebuffing thing was the Valerie duel, not the Amiri one. When prebuffing during the Valerie duel, the game draws out the scripted dialogue long enough for the good buffs to run out.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, buffs don’t run out during dialogue in Wrath IIRC.

Desiderius

Patron
What else are you gonna do with your potions? Sell them?
Listen up you financial midwit. That 5000 gold you profited in chapter 1 by selling potions, invested wisely in the kingdom, could potentially make you back 2500 gold by the end of the game.

The tragedy of Kingmaker is that edgelords got themselves memed out of the Kingmaking both mechanically (see Haplo above) and thematically (girlbosses getting pwned missed in the one-weird-trick hunt).

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
He turned the setting's equivalent of Conan into a sorcerer, and you are not raging for blood???
No he didn't, the Baron is still a barbarian.
Amiri duels Armagh.
Entirely Amiri's problem.
I don't disagree. However, I believe that Amiri beating him is one of the pre-requisites to allow him to continue being the barbarian leader? I am not sure on that one, only that I made him an ally and left him as leader.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure,
but I believe it was a prerequisite to make Amiri the barbarian leader.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Not sure,
Oh, hell no!
Amiri would lead them into a charge over a cliff because a rock looked at her wrong.

Desiderius

Patron
Not sure,
She's supposed to be a (reluctant since barbarian) follower of her king, not a leader.

If you're determined to make her a girlboss that's of course allowed but it does take extra effort to get there.

Desiderius

Patron
Not sure,
Oh, hell no!
Amiri would lead them into a charge over a cliff because a rock looked at her wrong.
Not under your benevolent leadership she wouldn't. Good endings are tribal cheiftain under your rule or main hatchet(wo)man by your side or both I guess.

Nas92

Augur
So I managed to do the Valerie duel by using Wands of Melf's Acid Arrows, a bunch of healing and buffing potions and probably a lot of luck. And also a bunch of bombs. She couldn't hit the guy with her sword for shit though. Should have probably bought the flamin bastard sword at least or have her use a better weapon.
I've always reloaded, what exactly happens if you lose the duel as intended? Valerie still gets the scar even if she wins the duel. Does this whole thing affect Valerie's ending in some way?

Nas92

Augur
Nevermind, I've realized that I had a save from before the fight. Interesting, it actually does appear to be different in that if she loses the paladin says that Valerie is barred from returning to the order but if she wins he says nothing of the sort.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
So I managed to do the Valerie duel by using Wands of Melf's Acid Arrows, a bunch of healing and buffing potions and probably a lot of luck. And also a bunch of bombs. She couldn't hit the guy with her sword for shit though. Should have probably bought the flamin bastard sword at least or have her use a better weapon.
I've always reloaded, what exactly happens if you lose the duel as intended? Valerie still gets the scar even if she wins the duel. Does this whole thing affect Valerie's ending in some way?
There is no real difference. Just a line or two.

Yosharian

Arcane
Nevermind, I've realized that I had a save from before the fight. Interesting, it actually does appear to be different in that if she loses the paladin says that Valerie is barred from returning to the order but if she loses he says nothing of the sort.
It doesn't make any actual difference to her personal quest iirc

Desiderius

Patron
Nevermind, I've realized that I had a save from before the fight. Interesting, it actually does appear to be different in that if she loses the paladin says that Valerie is barred from returning to the order but if she loses he says nothing of the sort.
Owlcat wussed out of the LG restoration arc because they were afraid of the Pozzed western market.

It's ok, TSS is less explored than Pal anyway and ends up being a very interesting class tactically. As with some other companions Owlcat beautifully reflects her personal character arc mechanically. The only chink in her armor (with her high CON, Bravery, and Reflex/AC includnig Touch AC/mobility bonuses from the archetype) ends up being Compulsion spells and effects. Queered from the family and community that raised her she's too easily swayed by those who wish her, and her new friends, harm.

Nas92

Augur
Owlcat wussed out of the LG restoration arc because they were afraid of the Pozzed western market.

It's ok, TSS is less explored than Pal anyway and ends up being a very interesting class tactically. As with some other companions Owlcat beautifully reflects her personal character arc mechanically. The only chink in her armor (with her high CON, Bravery, and Reflex/AC includnig Touch AC/mobility bonuses from the archetype) ends up being Compulsion spells and effects. Queered from the family and community that raised her she's too easily swayed by those who wish her, and her new friends, harm.
Interesting, so the barred from the order line is remnants of cut content essentially. It would have been interesting to have her become a paladin again. I'm sure they could have done it and not offend any modern feminist sensibilities, but I can see why they decided not to bother.

Desiderius

Patron
Indeed, I am not. I'm playing on the default difficulty settings which is normal I believe.
That said, I'm not ready to blow all my potions on this fight, not to mention I really don't see this tactic working. The paladin continues to heal himself with Lay on Hands and Valerie can barely hit him. All it's doing is drawing the fight out.
He doesn't have infinite Lay on Hands, whereas you should have about 50+ healing potions, barkskin potions, and a whole host of other potions that you're otherwise never gonna use. My Valerie was multiclassed into a shitty bard and she pulled it off.

What else are you gonna do with your potions? Sell them?
A shitty bard should have UMD. And with UMD you can easily win it.
Val makes a very good Bard once she scores the Artisan Bastard Sword with +6 CHR. Tower Shield Proficiency comes in handy on a Bard.

Desiderius

Patron

Interesting, so the barred from the order line is remnants of cut content essentially. It would have been interesting to have her become a paladin again. I'm sure they could have done it and not offend any modern feminist sensibilities, but I can see why they decided not to bother.
You can't be serious. They'd see it like conversion therapy and lose their shit.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

You can't be serious. They'd see it like conversion therapy and lose their shit.

Wait is this confirmed anywhere that it is a cut content?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Decided to give it another shot after dumping my first run after dozen or so hours - is it normal that the game is slow as fuck, i.e. chars are moving like they are underwater?

Did a quick search and there's tons of threads on this on the net, but can't find any resolution.

I'm still in the tutorial mansion so it's not weather effect/fatigue, I'm not encumbered, tactical mode (shift+space) is off.

Litmanen

Educated
Decided to give it another shot after dumping my first run after dozen or so hours - is it normal that the game is slow as fuck, i.e. chars are moving like they are underwater?

Did a quick search and there's tons of threads on this on the net, but can't find any resolution.

I'm still in the tutorial mansion so it's not weather effect/fatigue, I'm not encumbered, tactical mode (shift+space) is off.
Yeah, lower the shadows and lights/fire effects

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom