Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nazrielle offers a ring that gives +8 Dexterity, a +4 Elven Curve Blade, a few useful Agile daggers and rapiers, and Redeemer which is probably the best Longsword in the game for dealing damage.

Perfection is mostly a defensive item.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...5pgSfHzr2T04/edit?gid=924016267#gid=924016267
Never got the Redeemer though...
I guess you just didn't do enough to impress Nazrielle:

Redeemer.jpg

I think I rebuilt the road this game. 20% chance that matters.

Nas92

Augur
Am I imagining things or do projects also disappear from the Kingdom Management screen if you didn't get around to completing them? Cause I could swear there were a lot more curse research projects and I also can't find the Temple of the Elk projects.

Are any of these projects worth it by the way? Aside from the obligatory rank ups and trainings and such which ones should I do? That said, I really don't know how to get the time and resources for them, I'm constantly starved for BP, had to buy a lot and my council members are always either preoccupied with events and opportunities or are busy ranking up and such.
Sounds like you suck at Kingmaking.

That's the name of the game. Do it better.
I have no clue what you're getting at. Projects disappear because I'm shit at the game?

Nas92

Augur
Oh shit, I may have fucked myself up. I thought the Varnhold Vanishing would continue at some point through throneroom events because a dialogue alluded to having to research who Vordakai is. So I spend my time just doing stuff and suddenly an undead cyclops event says that my barony will soon fall. I guess I'll have to look up a guide or two, but where did I fuck up, I wonder? is it a dialogue or something I've missed?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Uhh, what's your quest log look like?
It doesn't seem to say anything really, just the who or what is Vordakai line and that's where it ends.

You need to investiage the Varnhold city, then go to some Barbiran camp in that area. You will get some quest to find 3 sisters who then give you the item to go to the final dungeon.

Honestly you probably soft locked yourself if you haven't done anything

You can finish the chapter in like a week or two of gametime if you beeline it. I have no idea how much time you have from that warning though. I'd guess you have a month but that's pure speculation

Nas92

Augur
It doesn't seem to say anything really, just the who or what is Vordakai line and that's where it ends.

You need to investiage the Varnhold city, then go to some Barbiran camp in that area. You will get some quest to find 3 sisters who then give you the item to go to the final dungeon.

I've met the barbarians as a random encounter and I have the barbarian camp on my map apparently, didn't think it was related to the Varnhold Vanishing as I met the very near the capital.
I only started getting the message just now, fortunately I have a lot of saves from before, I guess I'll just reload them, it's before a couple of companion quests.

Nas92

Augur
You can finish the chapter in like a week or two of gametime if you beeline it. I have no idea how much time you have from that warning though. I'd guess you have a month but that's pure speculation
I've read two months somewhere, but something like that then.
On the other hand, I actually can't see the barbarian camp on the map, I thought they marked it on my map.

...Nevermind, I'm retarded, there's a whole portion of the map I haven't even seen yet. It was marked there and I also went to the overgrown cave. I don't know what the clue was that this was the continuation of the Vordakai questline. I just hope I still have at least two months to complete this questline. Is there any way to check?

Okay, so I just reloaded an earlier save where the message was first written, I seem to have like three months to do this questline. The events first warn that my barony is about to be destroyed, I rolled the time forwards sitting on my hands and a 60 day countdown started after almost a month. So I think I'm still good if I don't dick around too much.

Last edited:

Nas92

Augur

Nope, just finished the Vordakai quest. Kind of half-assed the dungeon though. Also the Vordakai fight was kind of easy, I'm really glad I took Jubilost along, his holy bombs made everything easier. The million and one zombie cyclopses and specters as well as the ferocious soul eaters who could only be fought by the named people... I really don't know how it's even possible to do those fights on unfair using only RTwP.

On the other hand when I got back to my throne room, everything was in disarray, my kingdom is slowly but surely starting to resemble Somalia. Kesten fucked up the Kellid scouts event, debuffs all around and now there's also a rebellion and I got -10 Community. Kassil Aldori and Amiri also left and Kassil was my general. Not to mention
with Tristian's betrayal I lost my Councilor as well and I have no replacement at all. Can I appoint a merc if I don't have the DLCs? Also what kind of character should I make so even with the -5 merc council member debuff I could reliably deal with events and the like?
I also did the Hanvaki quest, but I guess I took too long because I couldn't tell the guy what happened to his brother, he just told me he was leaving and that's it. Kind of annoying tbh, but I did fuck up the quest and had to use a guide to solve it so I guess I deserve the big X on it, but it still bugs me that the game is a stickler for time limits even when they don't really make sense like in this case. What, we took too long and he decided in the meantime that he never really cared about his brother anyhow?

Also what's the time limit on the two new main quests? Am I correct in assuming that the game wants me to go to the barbarians first? They're pretty heavily hinting that.

You can get Tristian back, it's the non-barbarian option.

For advisors what matters is their stat in a specific area. Unfortunately the merc debuff really does kill you, but level a merc with max wis, keep increasing wis, and give them equipment to increase wis.

KeAShizuku

Educated
How the hell does atheism work in a Pathfinder setting?

Ofcourse as we know in reality there are no Gods curing blindness or sending lightning bolts. Religion as a phenomenon has been thoroughly debunked in the last 200 years through history, psychiatry and sociology. But humans are not rational which is why it persists.

But these Russian writers don't get atheism: it is the denial of the existence of the divine. Easy to do in reality but kinda hard in a videogame setting where demons walk the earth.

Nas92

Augur
Also the Vordakai fight was kind of easy
Retardedly so. One of the biggest letdowns of the game
Yeah, especially after Baldur's Gate 2's lich fights I was expecting something incredibly difficult, but he was basically nothing.

Also, did the barbarian quest first, any way to actually win the duel with Armag? Without cheesing it by respecing Amiri into an animal companion build, I mean. I drank all kinds of potions, but the guy just fucked me up in three rounds, without buffs I don't even get a fighting chance.
What's the time limit like now? Ideally, I'd like to do some kingdom management now, rank up, claim territories, but it seems I won't get the opportunity what with Armag and Tristian running around causing havoc.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, if you leveled UMD, the duel is quite easy with scroll prebuff.

He still wins anyway. But it does have consequences eventually

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Ofcourse as we know in reality there are no Gods curing blindness or sending lightning bolts. Religion as a phenomenon has been thoroughly debunked in the last 200 years through history, psychiatry and sociology. But humans are not rational which is why it persists.

But these Russian writers don't get atheism: it is the denial of the existence of the divine. Easy to do in reality but kinda hard in a videogame setting where demons walk the earth.

Eh the word Atheist is probably not correct to define people like Valerie I guess. She pretty much knows gods exist (she is basically chosen of Shelyn, she just really hates being one).

Her state is less "don't believe there are gods" and more "I don't give a fuck about them I ain't worshipping". This is how she is written in game.

You can argue that such stance is retarded still. But I guess there is just lack of word for it? What would you call that? As I guess there really isn't parallel in real life too to people who refuse to worship higher being in a world where they clearly exist.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Eh the word Atheist is probably not correct to define people like Valerie I guess. She pretty much knows gods exist (she is basically chosen of Shelyn, she just really hates being one).

Her state is less "don't believe there are gods" and more "I don't give a fuck about them I ain't worshipping". This is how she is written in game.

You can argue that such stance is retarded still. But I guess there is just lack of word for it? What would you call that? As I guess there really isn't parallel in real life too to people who refuse to worship higher being in a world where they clearly exist.
Well, there is that other aspect to her: apostate.

Which the game took what happens in real life with islam and mirrored it with the paladins wanting to murder her for her apostacy.

Game should have used that instead of atheist.

Risewild

Arbiter
Atheism in fantasy settings (with real gods) usually means that people know gods exist but actively refuse to worship or even care for any deity. Many times they see gods as not deserving of any worship or attention.

Basically, being an atheist in those settings is purposefully not following/worshipping any religion, pantheon or any deity.

mondblut

Arcane

All kinds of beings can cure blindness, let alone send lightning bolts in a fantasy setting. Doesn't mean they are "divine" - just powerful.

"Thor isn't a god, he's just a really high level warrior/evoker multiclass" - sounds p. atheist to me.

volklore

Arcane
Huh I just went through that pretty big boggard area with a ton of these boggard barbarian in act 1 on unfair. I had done only 1 playthrough since Enhanced edition. I guess I must have missed it last time.
I was lvl 5 which made it considerably better I guess, but valerie still couldn't tank them reliably. I found casting animated dead on top of them to be pretty good to prevent them from charging, any difficult terrain spell/web worked very well too. Dazzling + archon's aura to debuff saves and CC them also was great.
That was a really fun area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom