Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

dutchwench

Novice
Well, that could prove a problem. I've basically blown through all my crisis points and the War of the River Kings chapter already started, so I guess I'm kind of fucked. Not to mention all the companion quests that started popping up suddenly I'm inundated with timed quests. Teleportation circles are a godsend, but I still don't really have the time for the 14 day rank ups. Am I not supposed to do every rank up and claim every region? How am I supposed to have time for projects too with all the events and shit popping up?

Also did the Ancient Curse Part Five fight, spent a couple days in-game, when is the next conversation going to happen? Kind of worried that it's bugged because every time I did Bald Hilltop, a conversation happened within 2 days.
River Kings is when I started having the same problems as well. Kinda had to save scum to get out of a bunch of sticky situations. It got even worse towards the end.
I am genuinely not sure what to say. I had time to get all regions and a fair amount of upgrades. I didn't get to do all the companion quests because I was perfectly okay with some getting the "bad" endings.
I think the game is straight up trying to kill you. At the moment it's mostly doing that in-game, but unless you switch to a lower diff for kingdom management, your fan might start spinning at an unsafe speed at night.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
In my one ever run through, I was playing a LG kingdom and had bonuses from buildings. None of the bonuses seemed to work, and my crew, who were decked out with +stat gear had about the same 40-60% chance of success.

The game is fucked up beyond all belief.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nothing baffles me on this forum as much as Kingdom Management defenders, it's like we played two different games
Eh, I think it does enrich the game overall. You're building a kingdom after all.

That said, set it on Easy to avoid headaches.

Nas92

Augur
Kingdom management is a good idea, but I'm fairly certain it didn't receive much playtesting in the context of the actual game as in how it plays. They really needed to think through the amount of events and how long the ruler is occupied with this project or that. Not to mention the other projects you have zero chance of doing due to the constant rank-ups and territory claiming and the random problems.

I'm fairly certain it didn't receive much playtesting
Given how cumbersome, unwieldy and unfriendly the UI and mechanics of it are I can only imagine that no one wanted to playtest it much. The simple fact that the loading screens are so bad makes you dread needing to interact with it every time you return to the capitol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom