Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Level 5 Amiri vs. the Stag Lord boss fight w/ CotW
d233evx.png
(Barb underrated)

Also for whoever was saying that bulletin boards didn't work, here's 3 of them in the same region:

YupiI8I.png

+6 Other Modifiers. Keep in mind that it only applies to problems, not opportunities, though problems are by far the most prevalent advisor events and the most important to succeed in. For the price of 100 BP per settlement for 3 bulletin boards you effectively go from normal difficulty to effortless.

Keep in mind that these will help you in basically every event since even if you would have succeeded without it +6 is enough to upgrade your success to a triumph which generally gives like +2 more stats, and succeeding rather than failing is generally something like a +4 stat swing (e.g. from -2 to +2). Given that a +1 stat point costs around 20 BP built through buildings this means these bulletin boards will earn back their build cost in around 2 problems completed in the region. All of the standard + stat buildings are shit in comparison

(Barb underrated)
Respecced her to bloodrager actually. But close enough.

Last edited:

Nas92

Augur
Jesus Christ, the game doesn't pull punches in the last act. 4 problem events every day? Goddammit I also dicked around too much, I didn't get all of my stats to the max, nor could I do all the region upgrades and I only got one masterpiece item. But I guess it's now a huge rush to the endgame. My kingdom was at serene, and my stats were high, not to mention I turned kingdom management down to easy so maybe I won't get completely merked. That said, I only achieved Level 16 at this point in the game.
Fortunately I found the portal area quickly. Any tips for this part of the game?

It's the worst fucking part of the game, possibly the worst part in CRPG history. Just look at a youtube guide and not waste your time trying to figure it out yourself. It's not worth it.

Also make sure to stock up on mass heal scrolls before entering the area cause they can be used to damage the annoying ghost enemies.
Thanks especially for this piece of advice, I'd have been fucked in the very first area. Jesus Christ, this is insane.

Also, the game said that I'd resurrect with half my hit points, well, the ghosts killed me the first time around and I got the game over screen. So is this a fucking lie or am I misunderstanding something?

Desiderius

Patron
Also for whoever was saying that bulletin boards didn't work, here's 3 of them in the same region:

YupiI8I.png

+6 Other Modifiers. Keep in mind that it only applies to problems, not opportunities, though problems are by far the most prevalent advisor events and the most important to succeed in. For the price of 100 BP per settlement for 3 bulletin boards you effectively go from normal difficulty to effortless.

Keep in mind that these will help you in basically every event since even if you would have succeeded without it +6 is enough to upgrade your success to a triumph which generally gives like +2 more stats, and succeeding rather than failing is generally something like a +4 stat swing (e.g. from -2 to +2). Given that a +1 stat point costs around 20 BP built through buildings this means these bulletin boards will earn back their build cost in around 2 problems completed in the region. All of the standard + stat buildings are shit in comparison

(Barb underrated)
Respecced her to bloodrager actually. But close enough.
See, even a nerfed barb pwns.

Nas92

Augur
Okay, what the fuck is it with the misbegotten troll? I spent a good hour or so killing it and most of it was using coup de grace over and over again. I've encountered one another almost unkillable enemy, in the Verdant Chambers I think, some primordial or another. Is this some kind of bug? Or is it some special effect they have on?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, what the fuck is it with the misbegotten troll? I spent a good hour or so killing it and most of it was using coup de grace over and over again. I've encountered one another almost unkillable enemy, in the Verdant Chambers I think, some primordial or another. Is this some kind of bug? Or is it some special effect they have on?

Troll can only be killed after taking fire or acid damage like in the lore

Coup de Grace should work, the problem is the game doesn't raise the DC at all as it should so you have to do it till enemies roll a nat 1 if they have a high con save. Set it as your autocast ability and it shouldn't take more than 10s on RTwP

Nas92

Augur

It didn't work. This is Ekun's troll at the end, it seems to be immune to fire and acid.

Desiderius

Patron

Misbegotten.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

It didn't work. This is Ekun's troll at the end, it seems to be immune to fire and acid.
Use the Inspect feature to see what it requires to turn off its regen.

Yosharian

Arcane

Apparently Negative Energy damage will kill him, try that. Otherwise you should use Coup de Grace, unless you are actually having trouble downing him?

Nas92

Augur
I managed to kill him, but it was a hell of a fight and long because of spending at least half an hour using coup de grace over and over.
Also negative energy as in inflict wound spells and potions?

Another question, at the House at the Edge of Time, rescued companions who are not in your party, where are they? Do they stand around somewhere?

Litmanen

Educated
I managed to kill him, but it was a hell of a fight and long because of spending at least half an hour using coup de grace over and over.

Another question, at the House at the Edge of Time, rescued companions who are not in your party, where are they? Do they stand around somewhere?
Yes, you can find them outside, where there is also the merchant baby and Anoriel Eight Eyes.

They are there only in one of the two "realities", so if you don't find them once, go inside, step through one mist (or step thrpught them an unpair number of times) and go out again. They are there.

Desiderius

Patron

If you’re using anything for a half hour you’ve missed something. There’s always an easier way.

Do you know how to use the Inspect button? You’ve already encountered a couple mobs whose regen is turned off with Negative Energy.

Does Hellfire’s non-fire half even count?

Nas92

Augur
If you’re using anything for a half hour you’ve missed something. There’s always an easier way.

Do you know how to use the Inspect button? You’ve already encountered a couple mobs whose regen is turned off with Negative Energy.

Yep, figured that. I know there's an inspect button, does it do the same thing as when you click on the effects in turn based mode? I never really thought to use that button because I thought it didn't do much of anything

Anyhow, quick story related question:
I haven't done nearly enough curse research projects, am I basically locked out of the so-called true ending? Not that I give much of a shit at this point, I'm not sure I'm up for a Nyrissa redemption - romance ending anyway. Also fuck her for killing Linzi, she's seriously grown on me and she was also a support-crowd control beast. Inspire Greatness and Inspire Heroics were really useful and Inspire Competence for those annoying Trickery skillchecks were invaluable.

Litmanen

Educated

Yep, figured that. I know there's an inspect button, does it do the same thing as when you click on the effects in turn based mode? I never really thought to use that button because I thought it didn't do much of anything

Anyhow, quick story related question:
I haven't done nearly enough curse research projects, am I basically locked out of the so-called true ending? Not that I give much of a shit at this point, I'm not sure I'm up for a Nyrissa redemption - romance ending anyway. Also fuck her for killing Linzi, she's seriously grown on me and she was also a support-crowd control beast. Inspire Greatness and Inspire Heroics were really useful and Inspire Competence for those annoying Trickery skillchecks were invaluable.
Yeah, I think you are locked out to the "true ending". You needed to research (four? six? I cannot remember) curses and do other choices from the start of the game (more or less) to have it.

Linzi, even if I hate bards and always found them useless, was absolutely OP. I think that was the idea they had to take her out of the final part of the game. Because she really changed every single combat.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I prefer to consider it secret/hidden ending.

I refuse calling mingling with a trecherous plant a "true ending".

Litmanen

Educated
I prefer to consider it secret/hidden ending.

I refuse calling mingling with a trecherous plant a "true ending".
I did just one playthrough (as I always do) and fad the "secret/hidden" ending but, for my part, it was the normal/wanted ending.

It's true she is a treacherous plant, but still worth a couple of bangings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom