Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Didn't know that, that means good use for those lesser empower/maximize rods. Still level 3 slots always compete with stinking cloud and haste, which were usually the go-to spells for my party.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That is why I like Animate Dead on cleric. It is level 3, compatible with lesser rods, can be extended to lvl 4 and arcane casters do not need to waste spell slots from Haste/Extended Haste on them.

Cael

Arcane
Afaik summoning feats do not work with skellies. But Maximize and Empower do so it is possible to get lot of them with one cast.
Summoning feas work with summoning spells. Animate dead and create undead are not summoning spells...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I discovered in this game that drinking wine with other men means intense buttsex

That was the fucking weirdest shit I've encountered in any RPG yet. "Here's a sidequest, talk to this guy" "OK, hi guy, tell me your shit" "OK only if you have wine with me" "OK" *YOU JUST FUCKED A DUDE!*

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Didn't know that, that means good use for those lesser empower/maximize rods. Still level 3 slots always compete with stinking cloud and haste, which were usually the go-to spells for my party.

I haven't used Animate Dead much (barely at all), but a level conflict with Stinking Cloud is kinda non-issue for me, as I like to Heighten this spell. My Octavia has Greater Focus: Conjuration and I think a rod from Irlene that gives her +4 DC to Conjuration, so her Heightened Stinking Clouds and Selective Heightened Greases are quite effective.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

I haven't used Animate Dead much (barely at all), but a level conflict with Stinking Cloud is kinda non-issue for me, as I like to Heighten this spell. My Octavia has Greater Focus: Conjuration and I think a rod from Irlene that gives her +4 DC to Conjuration, so her Heightened Stinking Clouds and Selective Heightened Greases are quite effective.
A rod like that would have been extremely helpful at endgame when low lvl stinking clouds stopped working. Alas the only masterwork item I got was the armor with +STR, nobody else brought anything this time, despite all 10s and every upgrade built.

Daidre

Arcane
That was the fucking weirdest shit I've encountered in any RPG yet. "Here's a sidequest, talk to this guy" "OK, hi guy, tell me your shit" "OK only if you have wine with me" "OK" *YOU JUST FUCKED A DUDE!*
Guys, how you even get Reg's romance values high enough to trigger sex scene? I mean, "you are gross get lost" is almost first thing I tell to him and none of my girls were traumatized.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Tbh I just spamclicked through the dialogue hunting the quest resolution because I didn't find the DLC's dialogue that engaging beyond the Wizard companion who was p. cool.

Daidre

Arcane
Tbh I just spamclicked through the dialogue hunting the quest resolution because I didn't find the DLC's dialogue that engaging beyond the Wizard companion who was p. cool.
Oh, you mean Gunderson, not Regongar. I can assure you dialogue skipping girls felt as punished as you are :oops: and started to pay attention even at 2:00 AM.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

A rod like that would have been extremely helpful at endgame when low lvl stinking clouds stopped working. Alas the only masterwork item I got was the armor with +STR, nobody else brought anything this time, despite all 10s and every upgrade built.

It's not actually her masterwork, but a regular artisan rod, it also applies some metamagic (extend or empower, don't remember which) 4 times per day for spells up to level VI.

Incendax

Augur
Necromancer Staff buffs Animate Dead, but that’s a new Varnhold Item.

Blade Barrier spam is too close to Deadly Earth spam.
After a few times for fun and novelty, I stopped using it.

Amiri has great flexibility. I love giving her the +2 Flaming Glaive at the start of Chapter 2, or giving her Thundering Claw with Lethal Stance and Crit Focus, and watch the non-stop lightning bolts. Guardian Stance can give you the best counter-crit defense in the game, especially if you respec her into an Armored Hulk. But my favorite is just making her a Sacred Huntsman. She can true strike spam and carry you through Unfair in the early game.

Barbarian 1 / Empyreal Sorcerer Amiri is actually one of the stupidest but strangely effective builds for her.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've ignored Kanerah for my playthrough but now that it's done I'm toying around with the Kineticist out of boredom, and I've given her Deadly Earth, but it doesn't show up in the ability bar? What am I missing?

The Real Fanboy
Have you guys tried reading the dialogue aloud? This isn't what good writing looks like.

D42042B555E5B2B2B4E5B20C2912EE2A5492C685

Technic_League_Ambush_Kalannah_Meet.jpg

Stag_Lord_Fort_Stag_Lord_Death_Talk.jpg

There's also obvious grammatical errors in all of these examples.

Its not super amazing but its fun! It's like reading Princess Jellyfish (Pathfinder: Kingmaker) vs. reading Harry Potter (Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire). Harry Potter is waay better but Princess Jellyfish is still a fun read you know!

Shadenuat

Arcane
I played without a cleric even on unfair. (except Vordakai tomb because story reasons)
Then you made the game extra difficult. Which is commendable, but unnecessary. Clerics also can cast one of the best spells in the game, Blade Barrier. I killed Vordekai both instances with Harrim and Tristian casting a BB under him for the first and harrim casting heal on him to finish him off. Poor guy did not even get a chance to cast his finger of death.
Yeah but then again it's somewhat a single win button. Blade Barrier is Force damage so it kills anything and you can put 50 on them, and summon undead... my Cleric's spells were mostly sound bursts, metamagic summon undead, metamagic flame strike and metamagic blade barrier.
Druid is a bit more interesting to play than Cleric. In this game Cleric is somewhat like BG Druid - you only have ~3 good spells but they are so good they break most encounters.

The most interesting Pathfinder cleric is probably Necromancer-cleric. Well that's if we ignore bullshit Erastil buff. There are probably other good ones but there are so many domains and clerics it would take long time to go through them all.

Blade Barrier spam is too close to Deadly Earth spam.
After a few times for fun and novelty, I stopped using it.
Yeah that.

Last edited:

Incendax

Augur
I've given her Deadly Earth, but it doesn't show up in the ability bar? What am I missing?
It will be a sub-option underneath an eligible damage type, just like Extended Range or Wall. Obviously needs to be something with Earth (magma, mud, etc).
There are probably other good ones but there are so many domains and clerics it would take long time to go through them all.
Urgathoa Ecclesitheurge of Strength/Death was interesting. I was surprised by how much unique Urgathoa dialog there was.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I've given her Deadly Earth, but it doesn't show up in the ability bar? What am I missing?
It will be a sub-option underneath an eligible damage type, just like Extended Range or Wall. Obviously needs to be something with Earth (magma, mud, etc).
There are probably other good ones but there are so many domains and clerics it would take long time to go through them all.
Urgathoa Ecclesitheurge of Strength/Death was interesting. I was surprised by how much unique Urgathoa dialog there was.

I wonder how much other clerics have unique dialogue.

Daidre

Arcane
It is not cleric exclusive dialogues. Every character with Deity set could see them (Cleric, Inquisitor, Paladin). I've tried 4-5 good and neutral gods and there is ~3-5 unique lines for each one.

Eldritch Arcana mod lets you set Deity for any class, not only divine casters.

Shadenuat

Arcane
just russian humor
varnsama.jpg
Varn-sama will be mine

tbh I find the whole premise of some lowly noble with mercenary company conquering stolen lands on a money of old wizard a lot more believable than how actual main character did it in the game.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
It is not cleric exclusive dialogues. Every character with Deity set could see them (Cleric, Inquisitor, Paladin). I've tried 4-5 good and neutral gods and there is ~3-5 unique lines for each one.

Throughout the whole game? 3-5 unique lines doesn't feel a lot for the whole game.

Daidre

Arcane
Throughout the whole game? 3-5 unique lines doesn't feel a lot for the whole game.
Yes, they are very rare and concentrated in first chapters. Seems like Owlcat was entertaining idea of class/race/deity reactivity but abandoned it pretty early in development.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Yes, they are very rare and concentrated in first chapters. Seems like Owlcat was entertaining idea of class/race/deity reactivity but abandoned it pretty early in development.

I remember reading that they had to cut them out to save time to write other content.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Damn DLC has some seriously serious dungeon crawling and fey fuckus
This is the dungeon design I wanted to see in main game

Dodo1610

Arcane

Yes there were even plans for class specific dialogue options but they are cut too. I hope that their next big cmapaign is smaller in scale but better executed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom