Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I knew the final parts of Shitmaker were gonna be bad, but I guess they are even worse than I expected. Went into House at the End of Shit, of course, that favorite trick of dumbass RPG designer, lets strip him of the entire party in a party based game. Then let's throw herds of Wild Hunt at him. Ever tried fighting Wild hunt without a healer, you dumbfucks? This shitshow of a game could be used at game dev schools to show all the potential pitfalls of development.

Efe

Erudite
you can grab them with minimal fighting if you just try a little bit harder

Trashos

Arcane
You can grab them with no fighting at all, iirc.

Generally for HATEOT: Scouting ahead, trying different entrances, and trying alternate realities (there are two) to get where you want are your friends.

Trashos

Arcane
At the very beginning of the Season of the Bloom my peasants tried to lynch me! Of course there was a similar situation last time, but it was easily avoidable. This time I had to roll an 18 to avoid the lynching, due to some different choices I have made during this playthrough. I had to reload over and over to make it. Great C&C there, I will have to rethink my actions for next time. The reloading was especially painful, because the roll takes place at the end of a long series of conversations (advisor meeting+conversation with peasants).

Also, I am playing a wizard this time, and I still have no idea how to deal with situations like this combat-wise. So I really had to make that roll.

I generally think that the game is at its best from after the Troll Invasion and at least until the end of Ch. 6, ie Chapters 2.5-6.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Could be worse.
Could be Grey Rebellion happening while you're away in Varnhold, looking for Vordaikai's Tomb... with no time left to come back to address and solve this event after finishing the Tomb.

Remember folks, always take care of main quest stuff ASAP.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Could be worse.
Could be Grey Rebellion happening while you're away in Varnhold, looking for Vordaikai's Tomb... with no time left to come back to address and solve this event after finishing the Tomb.

Remember folks, always take care of main quest stuff ASAP.

Or put an Aviary in Silvermere. Then you can manage your kingdom from the doorstep of the tomb. Mountain climbing also helps.

Desiderius

Patron
At the very beginning of the Season of the Bloom my peasants tried to lynch me! Of course there was a similar situation last time, but it was easily avoidable. This time I had to roll an 18 to avoid the lynching, due to some different choices I have made during this playthrough. I had to reload over and over to make it. Great C&C there, I will have to rethink my actions for next time. The reloading was especially painful, because the roll takes place at the end of a long series of conversations (advisor meeting+conversation with peasants).

Also, I am playing a wizard this time, and I still have no idea how to deal with situations like this combat-wise. So I really had to make that roll.

I generally think that the game is at its best from after the Troll Invasion and at least until the end of Ch. 6, ie Chapters 2.5-6.

If all else fails you can use items and potions to up your diplo. I’ve played LG, CG, and LN and never needed to save scum at all there, let alone for an 18.

You’ve got a lot of tools to look forward to discovering.

Trashos

Arcane
I had Persuasion 8 (which is the maximum Persuasion I could intrinsically have), and I needed to reach a Diplomacy 28 check. The charisma spell/potion/headband don't stack with each other, so I used the +4 CHA headband that gave me +2 Persuasion for a new Persuasion score of 10. So I needed to roll an 18 to reach 28. I do not see what else was there to use.

I recruited Tsanna to see what she is like (I know, I know.... NOW I know), the sick old man on the bridge who asked for berries died, and that guinea pig woman died during the surgery. I think I happened to do extremely badly on the very things that mattered for this check, and that is why I got such a difficult check.

Note that the 28 check was followed by a 29 check, and finally there was a 35 check. Naturally, I only succeeded in the 1st one (after a lot of reloading), yet they did not lynch me. There was also 1 dude in the whole crowd who was standing up for me, so at least I had done 1 thing right!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The charisma spell/potion/headband don't stack with each other, so I used the +4 CHA headband that gave me +2 Persuasion for a new Persuasion score of 10. So I needed to roll an 18 to reach 28. I do not see what else was there to use.

There are Heroism potions for +2 all skills that could be used from the world map, I use them sometime to help me... erm, scam some ultra high DCs. Same with Eagle Splendor potions. That will free slot for another +2 all skills on Professor's top hat that stacks with Heroism.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Potion/Cloak of Heroism comes to mind. Perhaps Professor's Hat, if you've paid a visit to the Linnorn.

Edit: Daidre beat me to it :)

Desiderius

Patron
I had Persuasion 8 (which is the maximum Persuasion I could intrinsically have), and I needed to reach a Diplomacy 28 check. The charisma spell/potion/headband don't stack with each other, so I used the +4 CHA headband that gave me +2 Persuasion for a new Persuasion score of 10. So I needed to roll an 18 to reach 28. I do not see what else was there to use.

I recruited Tsanna to see what she is like (I know, I know.... NOW I know), the sick old man on the bridge who asked for berries died, and that guinea pig woman died during the surgery. I think I happened to do extremely badly on the very things that mattered for this check, and that is why I got such a difficult check.

Note that the 28 check was followed by a 29 check, and finally there was a 35 check. Naturally, I only succeeded in the 1st one (after a lot of reloading), yet they did not lynch me. There was also 1 dude in the whole crowd who was standing up for me, so at least I had done 1 thing right!

I didn't find Tsanna to be that bad, although admittedly I haven't used her much as an advisor, and yes doing poorly on other checks can hurt, but there are literally 6 or 7 different categories of stats that all stack so next time explore the ways you can tick other boxes. Likewise on those previous checks (Bart can also help you with the surgery, while feeding your Machiavellianism fetish at the same time) if you avail yourself of more of the tools you have at hand you can pass them without the RNG coming into play at all.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I like Tsanna as Councilor, she prefers neutrality in proletariat/bourgeois dilemma and has some unique options in stat upgrade dialogues. Surprisingly nice to her pack for CE priestess, although I had not tried her as High Priest yet.
Similar to CE Reg, who works nicely even for Lawful baronies as General - excellent STR and main conflict of this role has nothing to do with alignments.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Gentlemen, I have been permanently banned from steam forums. Good riddance. This is now my new home. Let us see if I get banned from here too.
There are 2 way to do that.
#1 Talk bad about our god and overlord DarkUnderlord
#2 Share private information of other users here with world at large.

Nothing else I know of has banned anyone yet and I am not sure even if #1 has (but I don't want to test it as he might do a lot of bad things to you - like forward you automatically to rpgwatch - and then force you to make videos of you making a fool of yourself so he retracts his punishment)

Efe

Erudite
wasnt that the message that made you go over the banfence?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
We all make mistakes. My problem is that I keep making dumb mistakes on public forums, and can't seem to learn... For some reason I act differently on the internet. Give me a break, it's not I did anything bad there. All I did was say some bad words, it's not like I broke any laws there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom