Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I found one cave that was difficult as fuck to clear.

I'm sorry your generation has had to suffer through such poor game design.

There's no reason to clear it in the first place. Come back later if you want some decentish EXP/coin. Games used to be designed around making choices about what to clear and what to leave for later instead of handholding you.
:lol: What? Uh, I grew up with Fallout, Pool of Radiance, and Darklands. The only thing I meant by that was that I had blew all my load resting all over the place instead of clearing out maps. I was like 2 weeks away from failing the first big mission, so I didn't want to be cutting it so close to defeat the Boggard Champion. I only knew about him at the very last of my exploration, so I restarted from the save right after I cleared the fort and before I started just wasting rests. That's when I found the same banter over and over.

I know you can come back later at a higher level. I just love the challenge, though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That's pretty good crippling strike is super good and free TWF from slayer.

I was just going to make a fighter16/viv4 archer for my 3rd playthrough but a melee character that can have super ac and dmg seems better for a main character.

That's good because Vivi splash is almost always bad but it's at it's worst for archers and ranged fighters are wasting all the good stuff they gained when weapon masteries were added.

Best archers are Rangers, Slayers (TWF ranged), and Eldritch Scoundrel. Unfortunately, Eldritch Archer is the weakest implementation in the game. Straight-up mailed-in copypasta of base Magus with ranged Spellstrike the only difference. You can't even cast Hurricane Bow! You can cast in Heavy Armor tho!

Crippling Strike is sweet with a bazillion attacks per round.

Slayer MC Slaying.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
LE for kingdom building? What?

You get stocks (evil: +1 on resolution) and bullettin board(lawful: +2 on resolution). Got anything better boomer?

Boomer? Jesus, you know how to hurt a guy. Did spend a lot of time with Boomer uncles while my dad was in Nam, so first memories are things like bong hits and trying to figure out why everyone else likes bourbon so much.

Yeah, Board is solid. Was curious what evil got since playing evil is for suckas so I hadn't found out yet. +1 isn't worth the BP/opportunity costs. Stat buildings look bad but those last few points make a huge difference. Orphanages to get Aviaries early might be worth it. I'll see soon.

Desiderius

Patron
:lol: What? Uh, I grew up with Fallout, Pool of Radiance, and Darklands. The only thing I meant by that was that I had blew all my load resting all over the place instead of clearing out maps. I was like 2 weeks away from failing the first big mission, so I didn't want to be cutting it so close to defeat the Boggard Champion. I only knew about him at the very last of my exploration, so I restarted from the save right after I cleared the fort and before I started just wasting rests. That's when I found the same banter over and over.

I know you can come back later at a higher level. I just love the challenge, though.

Heh. :salute:

Guess with Pool rest spam is all you got at the beginning.

For your next P:K challenge, go from rest spam to no rest.

No Rest Vordokai.jpg

That playthrough I ended up having to hit Skip Day 223 times at the end because I ran out of content so there's a good bit of play in there for moderate resters.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Heh. :salute:

Guess with Pool rest spam is all you got at the beginning.

View attachment 12462

That playthrough I ended up having to hit Skip Day 223 times at the end because I ran out of content so there's a good bit of play in there for moderate resters.
What difficulty are you playing at?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure this build kills things in one hit but it only does one hit.

And I'm not a big fan of this arcane pool. Maybe there is another way.

Desiderius

Patron

View attachment 12462

Unfair from lvl 6-8 on. VTomb was all Unfair (two reloads for stupid lazy/cocky/unlucky shit and one wipe where I forgot where the spawns show up vs. Cephal)

Kingdom management normal

Desiderius

Patron
Sure this build kills things in one hit but it only does one hit.

And I'm not a big fan of this arcane pool. Maybe there is another way.

You're only getting one hit a round unless you're not moving, and if your ranged is anywhere near competent you'll need to move a lot. That's why pounce is so good.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

View attachment 12462

Unfair from lvl 6-8 on. VTomb was all Unfair (two reloads for stupid lazy/cocky/unlucky shit and one wipe where I forgot where the spawns show up vs. Cephal)

Kingdom management normal
Huh, no wonder :lol:.

Desiderius

Patron
Huh, no wonder :lol:.

Yeah, should have done Hard KM but even I don't have the patience for that shit. There's a lot more to KM than meets the eye but it's still largely a missed opportunity.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Why aren't you a fan of arcane pool?

Too many things to activate, sure the weapon upgrade thing looks nice. The ghost weapon looks good so you can attack touch AC. But why agonize with all this extra stuff when I could just use a full BAB class.

I'd have to do a play through with a magus to see if I like it or not.

Yosharian

Arcane
Why aren't you a fan of arcane pool?

Too many things to activate, sure the weapon upgrade thing looks nice. The ghost weapon looks good so you can attack touch AC. But why agonize with all this extra stuff when I could just use a full BAB class.

I'd have to do a play through with a magus to see if I like it or not.
I mean it's literally press one button every 10 minutes but ok

My build is basically a fighter that casts a couple of spells everyone 10 minutes to re-up buffs, and if you're not casting buffs with your MC then you're casting them with supports so there's no real difference.

I designed that build for ease of use and specifically to not be casting spells in combat, aside from tapping into defensive stance when he's trying to tank a boss

Also as for full BAB, it's only a few points short of a full BAB progression anyway

But play what you want!

Desiderius

Patron
I'm going to try using a sword saint for the Varnhold campaign. To how I like it.

That's what that DLC is for. Good choice.

Took me awhile to get used to the Magus interface. You still stand around picking your butt alot with Spellstrike in RTwP.

You can autoattack with Touch of Fatigue (which is a decent spell in its own right) to get an extra attack per round with Spellstrike.

If you take the Enduring Magus Arcana you can enchant your weapon with the bonus of your choice (or multiples) that will hang around for awhile so you're not needing to micro all the time.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Isn't it lovely how this thread has "RTwP incline" in its title while BG3 is being trashed (or at the very least getting a lukewarm reception) because of TB combat?

And what about PoE? Is it still somehow RTwP trash unfit to be the Codex 2015 GOTY? Is the Codex ready to acknowledge that its collective identity is a bunch of hypocritical losers?

So many questions...

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't it lovely how this thread has "RTwP incline" in its title while BG3 is being trashed (or at the very least getting a lukewarm reception) because of TB combat?

And what about PoE? Is it still somehow RTwP trash unfit to be the Codex 2015 GOTY? Is the Codex ready to acknowledge that its collective identity is a bunch of hypocritical losers?

So many questions...

2015 was a long time ago. TB is easier on Alzheimer-addled brains.

Desiderius

Patron
A good game is good as the sum of its parts, RTwP or otherwise. Larian is just shit, whether it sticks to DOS or tries to rebrand itself as '''''BG'''''.

Their target market is young children and the elderly, so TB is a nice fit so they don't have to keep up with all those moving parts.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Does Octavia's bow damage/hit chance effect her in any way when she uses a level 0 spell as her standard action? Having a hard time figuring it out from googling.

Efe

Erudite
does bow damage/hit chance effect any class when using a cantrip?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom