Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Me and the squad getting ready to head to Varnshold.

0XYxS0w.jpg

Also on my 2nd playthrough I'd really like to curbstomp this treacherous snake scumbag. BRB killing thousands of people even though you're supposed to be a Good aligned cleric and have WIS to be able to make wise decisions on things.

xevl0Cd.jpg

Edit: Sp
PS: I'm not actually the tank I just swapped places with Val for the photo.
Only two animal companions, what a sad group

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I found one cave that was difficult as fuck to clear.

I'm sorry your generation has had to suffer through such poor game design.

There's no reason to clear it in the first place. Come back later if you want some decentish EXP/coin. Games used to be designed around making choices about what to clear and what to leave for later instead of handholding you.

Desiderius

Patron
I'd really like to curbstomp this treacherous snake scumbag. BRB killing thousands of people even though you're supposed to be a Good aligned cleric and have WIS to be able to make wise decisions on things.

That's what happens when you get cucked like Kaepernick.

Free him from his chains and he'll have your back when it matters.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you sure he won't try and stab me in the back again by trying to kill my favourite henchman?

I'm picking the actual good ending for Jaethal where she bodyswaps with her daughter and then you breed her. So I think he might try to fight her at 2nd to last duengeon.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
When do dex classes catch up to TSS fighters in terms of tanking?
on level 1.
Frankly regarding tanking its more like level 4-5 (if you keep the TSS well equipped). But afterwards there is no contest... and also before that they are much better offense-wise.

Note you don't actually have to focus on Dex. If you mix a class that adds like Int to AC with a dip of monk who adds Wis to AC... plus gets free Crane Style and eventually also up to +5 Dodge AC robes (if lawful good), you only need a little Dex (and plentiful attribute boosts items) to be untouchable.

Like this is only moderate starting Dex:
BD4AE90B2EBB26672A36E25E522B1B814195B87C

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Your build it looks good.

Kensai monk? This looks like something I should try. Can it use greataxes?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
That's pretty good crippling strike is super good and free TWF from slayer.

I feel like I understand this build more because I've never played a kensai or magus so I don't know what they even do.

Do you have this character written down anywhere?

I was just going to make a fighter16/viv4 archer for my 3rd playthrough but a melee character that can have super ac and dmg seems better for a main character.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Aasimar (the one with +2 str) 12 slayer/4 thug/3vivi/1 scaled fist
LE (at start, then switch and become LG for the monk robe)
19 (+5)

If you go the shatter defence route probably better to switch Thug for Rogue.

Nerevar

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Cool it has no negative stats and has the uneven stat for the +5.

Why do I have to start as LE? What do I pick up for feats.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Cool it has no negative stats and has the uneven stat for the +5.

Why do I have to start as LE? What do I pick up for feats.

LE for kingdom building bonuses.
Just go pure slayer till lvl12, or you can get the SF level earlier for the +2 to AC, and a lvl in vivi for the mutagen and +1d6 sneak. Up to you and how you are doing with your team. Get the TWF combat tree (leave double slice for when you multi since it has low or no requirement and get TWF and greater and improved TWF with slayer since I am not sure if it keeps ignoring requirment with the other classes), dodge, accomplished sneak attacker, outflank as soon as possible (lvl4? i dont remember). Leave power attack for later when your BAB is going to be high. Don't take weapon focus. Rougue advanced talents: crippling strike, blinding critical
Teamfeats: outflank, precise strike

I have also the whole crane line (after I got the SF level ofc) and combat expertise as you can seen in the video (but not totally happy about it, I also forgot to turn it off for the fight).

I focused persuasion and Lore Nature (because I had noone else in the team). Get +3 mobility ASAP.

I think for 3/4 of the game I weared heart of valor as an armor, you get it outside the Troll dungeon.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So I'm a decent chunk in now, 20 days left until "the curse" hits, whatever that is. I'm over in the West trying to get to this forest chick's temple to get my reward, which judging by the journal I'm guessing is a double cross. I mentioned playing on hard before, but it's actually on "challenging." I just meant one above normal. It's a good challenge, especially because I never played Pathfinder stuff before, but I'm getting through okay. I'm an unashamed "reload if a companion dies" guy since Baldur's Gate, so I do have to redo encounters somewhat often after knowing how they play out, but that's part of the fun right?

Knife Master is pretty cool, especially once you start getting teamwork feats that up your sneak attack chances. I regret taking "piranha strike" though, as I'd like to hit more. I just found a belt that adds +2 on everything, which should make Amiri even more devastating than she is already. She's a bit of a glass cannon though, Tristrian spends most of his time healing or buffing her. I wish the armored chick whose name I forget had some threat generation, but oh well. The companions are actually one of the weaker aspects of the game for me. Their personalities are meh for the most part, and I kind of long for a paladin or a bard type with better damage ability for when you don't need buffs. I think there's more companions to come though, so we'll see. The time limit that everyone complains about was mostly a non-factor in chapter one for me, though it is kind of annoying having that looming shadow over your shoulder. I have no idea what the current time limit is counting down to, and might spoiler it for myself just to avoid anything catastrophic. Also I need to find a fucking treasurer I guess and have zero guidance, so hopefully I stumble onto one.

Anyway... really enjoying it overall despite a few quibbles. A chug off the old incline bottle for sure.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Your build it looks good.

Kensai monk? This looks like something I should try. Can it use greataxes?

Sure you can, greataxes are pretty great here.
Although this would mean missing on Spell Combat which can be handy for quickly slaying troublesome/boss mobs at low to mid levels. Particularly handy for enemies with annoyingly high DR and crit immunity, like Elder Elementals.
Much more potent when you use Eldritch Arcana mod. Also, a bonus attack (although at an AB penalty and less damage then two-handed).

Well, late game I wasn't using it anyway, so eventually its not a huge loss. But early on it can be very handy sometimes.

Here are the specifics if you're interested (if you go for dedicated two-handers, might want to skip everything related to spellcasting):
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...nd-strats-thread.124160/page-114#post-6121550

Desiderius

Patron
Are you sure he won't try and stab me in the back again by trying to kill my favourite henchman?

I'm picking the actual good ending for Jaethal where she bodyswaps with her daughter and then you breed her. So I think he might try to fight her at 2nd to last duengeon.

Never did on me, but I don't go around offing innocent kids, so YMMV.

All y'all so het up to get with Jaethot not getting what happened to Tristian when he did the same with Nyrissa.

Gotta hand it to Owlcat, they're not afraid to make their AWFLs truly awful. No Mary Sues to be seen, unless you count Linzi wrecking house Gamgee-style.

Desiderius

Patron
Some good advice, some bad, some not sure if serious.

LE for kingdom building? What?

As usual Hap on the good end, but best bet is to use advice as a starting point. You'll figure things out that work for you and run circles around what the pros say.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
LE for kingdom building? What?
Lawful gives you the Bulletin Board, a really cheap building that gives a +2 to any advisor check on that region. I'm not sure what Evil gives you that's so good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom