Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Been going to Sorrowflow at beginning of Ch.2 to get a quick Treasurer plus Sweet Teeth rolling, mining project, etc... but have never seriously played the Twins outside of their quests. This time needed some consistent ranged DPS so trying out Kanerah.

Early Kanerah.jpg

Kanerah Fan.jpg

Nicely balanced at this point and filling a good niche. Pick up Celerity next level I think. Any advice welcome.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The dwarf is just there,his cleric shit is downright useless compared to tristan's.

I listed the Cleric shit he does that Tristian can't.

As for Amiri...

Amiri Cleavage.jpg

And with some help from Harrim's unique ability, at lvl 14:

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

As for high AC:

Sniper on Monarch.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As i said,unimpressive. He can do an aura(that i never really used) and can't do half the shit tristan can.
He can wear armor and shield, which means you don't need to micromanage him as much as Tristian. Also, he's loyal.
Yeah,that is why i take him as a well balanced tank. But tristan have both healing and some cool damage dealing shit and that channelling. He is far superior cleric because he doesn't have to waste points in armour and weapons.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Been going to Sorrowflow at beginning of Ch.2 to get a quick Treasurer plus Sweet Teeth rolling, mining project, etc... but have never seriously played the Twins outside of their quests. This time needed some consistent ranged DPS so trying out Kanerah.

View attachment 12483
View attachment 12484
Nicely balanced at this point and filling a good niche. Pick up Celerity next level I think. Any advice welcome.
Don't get Celerity, you got Linzi for Haste.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If your element permits, Celerity is a great way to spend the Burn budget. Don't waste spell slots on Haste, use more interesting spells on casters. Kineticists got you covered on Haste.
Seriously, I was never Hasted as often and as early as when I made Val a KK with Celerity.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Tytus Another interesting thing is that default stats and classes of the characters support the story of those characters. I wrote it before, but I think it's worth repeating myself. Look at strong, independent Amiri. Her enormous and unwieldy sword gives penalty to BAB, she is a barbarian with too low strength, and she is almost unable to take a punch. So on high-ish difficulties her main role is to use her high speed to get to the backline and sneaky kill mages and archers. Or to stay enlarged behind the front line and cut throats from afar. I think it's very nicely merges with her story of how she acquired the sword of the giant.

The last time I saw such sinergy between game lore and game mechanics was when my blood mage in Dragon Age: Origins dealt with Templar's Smite.
Well said! My friend!

Reinhardt

Arcane
As i said,unimpressive. He can do an aura(that i never really used) and can't do half the shit tristan can.
He can wear armor and shield, which means you don't need to micromanage him as much as Tristian. Also, he's loyal.
Yeah,that is why i take him as a well balanced tank. But tristan have both healing and some cool damage dealing shit and that channelling. He is far superior cleric because he doesn't have to waste points in armour and weapons.
Tristian fag leaves your party exactly when you actually need cleric. Worst cleric ever.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Tristian fag leaves your party exactly when you actually need cleric. Worst cleric ever.
Yeah,that really butthurt me :). Still you get him back.

Tytus

Arcane
Now you're misrepresenting my point. I'm not interested in simply collecting waifus either. Brienne of Tarth is not a waifu.

They are not interesting stories to me. They are badly written, ham-fisted characters.

Can you elaborate what makes them badly written and ham-fisted?

Tytus

Arcane

Tristian leaving really screwed me over because I didn't have anyone to replace him as an advisor. I executed the Lamasthu priestess and did not pick that other girl as an envoy. And in the entire fucking Barony there wasn't even one person that could take the job. Had to hire a mercenary to fill the position. While I like the game choices like these were really bad decisions during development.

Yosharian

Arcane
Now you're misrepresenting my point. I'm not interested in simply collecting waifus either. Brienne of Tarth is not a waifu.

They are not interesting stories to me. They are badly written, ham-fisted characters.

Can you elaborate what makes them badly written and ham-fisted?
Maybe next time I play through the game I'll pick out some examples.

Your facepalm isn't justified, Tytus. There are several scenes that would require analysis to properly elaborate on my point, and I don't have savegames available, neither am I currently playing Kingmaker. If I just gave the broad strokes we'd be right back at de gustibus.

Last edited:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You need someone to fill his advisor post. I didn't get either of the other two possible councilors in game (same as 90% of the players probably) and you couldn't use mercenaries as advisors in the version I played, so it was literally either take him back or no councilor for the rest of the game. Who can fill what advisor roles and how many candidates you get for each role in Kingmaker often makes little sense in general, but this is the worst case in the game.

Vatnik Wumao
Heavy armored melee class > everything else.
I mean if you're talking aesthetics, that's fine, but heavily armored builds are most definitely not the best mechanically.
The storyfag in me makes me inclined towards gimping myself rather than playing some other class. (That point wasn't related to my previous cleric comment, by the way!)

Generally prefer fighter, though I also like pallys (and hellknights for the upcoming game).

Yosharian

Arcane
Heavy armored melee class > everything else.
I mean if you're talking aesthetics, that's fine, but heavily armored builds are most definitely not the best mechanically.
The storyfag in me makes me inclined towards gimping myself rather than playing some other class. (That point wasn't related to my previous cleric comment, by the way!)

Generally prefer fighter, though I also like pallys (and hellknights for the upcoming game).
Fair enough, I also like the heavily armoured aesthetic. And Paladins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom