Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
In fact it's one of my pet peeves that heavily armoured builds are generally weaker at tanking than monk builds, and it's something I'm trying to fix with homebrew in my PnP games. But I digress.

CoronerZg

Augur
Ignore function are for thin skinned weak cucks. Real men endure all the shit and toxic. Endure. In enduring grow strong.
Generally, I do agree that it's weak to put every other person on your ignore list cause of some silly shit they said.

Some very special people though, will always have their place in my heart and my ignore list :smug:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking about heavy armor vs. unarmored fighters... may it's just how the Stolen Lands are? Remember, this region is especially linked to the First World. Its whole story for the last hundreds (or thousands?) years is directed by travails and tribulations of one particular nymph. And First World inhabitants do not seem to wear plate that much: what's with the beguiling aura of nereids, for example. I doubt they wear armor so that "any creature sexually attracted to women runs the risk of being beguiled by a nereid if it looks upon her beauty from a distance of 30 feet or less". It's, like, an incel on a nudist beach.

So for me it makes pretty good headcanon. The Stolen Lands, the land where the Material Plane is so closely intertwined with the First Worls, requires more of the strength of will, power over fighter's body and mind, flexibility and grace, precise movements and strikes than "hacking and hammering", as Syrio Forel used to say. It's the land where monks, unarmed sorcerers, druids who resonate with nature have advantage over heavily armored knights and paladins.

I like this idea whether it was in Owlcat minds or not. Thanks Codexers for pushing me into thinking about it!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Tristian leaving really screwed me over because I didn't have anyone to replace him as an advisor. I executed the Lamasthu priestess and did not pick that other girl as an envoy. And in the entire fucking Barony there wasn't even one person that could take the job. Had to hire a mercenary to fill the position. While I like the game choices like these were really bad decisions during development.

If need him that bad go save him. Your kingdom isn't going to be destroyed if you're missing an advisor for a week.

Jesus, what a bunch of pussies. You make Tristian look like John Fucking Wayne.

Desiderius

Patron
Huh you took the crazy sword? Is her Will Save even enough to counter the goes berserk thing?

It's "bugged" Jim, just like all the other items with downsides are, mysteriously. I don't usually use it in combat (or even have it since good MCs spare Armag) but in that pic I had forgotten to equip her axe.

Efe

Erudite
if you are good but take too long you still have to kill armag afaik

Desiderius

Patron
I mean if you're talking aesthetics, that's fine, but heavily armored builds are most definitely not the best mechanically.

A monk would have a better AC combined with no mobility skill penalties and options to cross the whole battlefield if necessary.

Straight-up TSS ends up canceling out all the penalties and picking up some nice bonuses. Ultimately you want a mix to utilize all the best gear.

Desiderius

Patron
You need someone to fill his advisor post. I didn't get either of the other two possible councilors in game (same as 90% of the players probably) and you couldn't use mercenaries as advisors in the version I played, so it was literally either take him back or no councilor for the rest of the game. Who can fill what advisor roles and how many candidates you get for each role in Kingmaker often makes little sense in general, but this is the worst case in the game.

No, it's great writing.

Merciless rulers inspire little Loyalty in their subjects.

Desiderius

Patron
If your element permits, Celerity is a great way to spend the Burn budget. Don't waste spell slots on Haste, use more interesting spells on casters. Kineticists got you covered on Haste.
Seriously, I was never Hasted as often and as early as when I made Val a KK with Celerity.

Does Fire go with Air at all tho?

Desiderius

Patron
Been going to Sorrowflow at beginning of Ch.2 to get a quick Treasurer plus Sweet Teeth rolling, mining project, etc... but have never seriously played the Twins outside of their quests. This time needed some consistent ranged DPS so trying out Kanerah.

View attachment 12483
View attachment 12484
Nicely balanced at this point and filling a good niche. Pick up Celerity next level I think. Any advice welcome.
Don't get Celerity, you got Linzi for Haste.

Lvl 3 Bard slot already overloaded. She's a Slower, not a Haster. I don't Haste much until I get that necklace. There's a wand from Depths for boss fights.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You need someone to fill his advisor post. I didn't get either of the other two possible councilors in game (same as 90% of the players probably) and you couldn't use mercenaries as advisors in the version I played, so it was literally either take him back or no councilor for the rest of the game. Who can fill what advisor roles and how many candidates you get for each role in Kingmaker often makes little sense in general, but this is the worst case in the game.

No, it's great writing.

Tbf what Tristan did was something a bit out of a sensical person would consider acceptable. I guess it's more sensical to let him rejoin if you manage to make him destroy the Oculus. Otherwise, there is little reason, narrative-wise, to do so. He has been mostly a plant in your group, and has the critical information to save you and your people during the Bloom but didn't share it to you. I guess he did some hint and nudge during the autopsy to guide you. If he gave the Oculus to Nyrissa a sensical but merciful ruler would at the very least kick him out.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

No, it's great writing.

What's great writing? That if you get rid of this one specific guy, nobody else in the world can be assigned as a councilor?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If your element permits, Celerity is a great way to spend the Burn budget. Don't waste spell slots on Haste, use more interesting spells on casters. Kineticists got you covered on Haste.
Seriously, I was never Hasted as often and as early as when I made Val a KK with Celerity.

Does Fire go with Air at all tho?

Well, there's Plasma. Far from my top picks but at least solid damage.
My Val actually took Electric with Celerity. Was pretty nice for Magnetic Infusion (-4 enemy AC) and Touch attacks. But needed to wait till 3rd element for Composite, which isn't great - particularly that Blade Whirlwinds are Burn free, even Composite Infused.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>if you get rid of this one specific guy, nobody else in the world can be assigned as a councilor?
Yeah. The consequence of choice. I believe that's good writing. Also there are other NPCs that can take that role. If you are really hurting for a councilor you can always hire a mercenary. Otherwise, maybe you shouldn't have executed Tristan if you weren't prepared to face the consequences?

Desiderius

Patron
Well, there's Plasma. Far from my top picks but at least solid damage.
My Val actually took Electric with Celerity. Was pretty nice for Magnetic Infusion (-4 enemy AC) and Touch attacks. But needed to wait till 3rd element for Composite, which isn't great - particularly that Blade Whirlwinds are Burn free, even Composite Infused.

She is Lawful with nice DEX. Maybe I'll make her a Crane Wing Flame Fanning Tank.

Desiderius

Patron
What's great writing? That if you get rid of this one specific guy, nobody else in the world can be assigned as a councilor?

Not one, two.

Unlike you, the writers were merciful and gave you a second chance.

Not their fault you're so retarded you fucked up both. When did the Codex become a den of faceroll addicts?

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
>if you get rid of this one specific guy, nobody else in the world can be assigned as a councilor?
Yeah. The consequence of choice. I believe that's good writing. Also there are other NPCs that can take that role. If you are really hurting for a councilor you can always hire a mercenary. Otherwise, maybe you shouldn't have executed Tristan if you weren't prepared to face the consequences?
I didn't execute him, I took him back. I didn't have another councilor and he was the only possible person for the job. You couldn't assign mercenaries when I played.

This is actually great writing, believe it or not.
I don't. You're running a barony with multiple cities and a backing of another state, but it's impossible to assign a person to a key government role if you don't take a traitor back? You can also assign some random evil priestess to the post, but nope, nobody else, none of the companions or other NPCs can do the job, you can't get a councilor from Brevoy. If you execute a guy, that advisors post will be vacant for the entire existence of the kingdom and nobody will ever mention it. C&C are good when they make sense, this makes no fucking sense at all.

You want to see bad writing? Go play the Hellknight quest. The one with Linxia and Darven.
Don't remind me.

Desiderius

Patron
This is actually great writing, believe it or not.

Yeah - Oathbreakers, who needs 'em? And Isildur Dolchstoßed Elrond right we he needed him most. Fuck him and all his heirs, amirite?

All these interweb wannabe tough guys stepping all over their dicks. If it weren't for mercy and redemption we'd all be in grass huts, or some mandatory gender studies workshop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom