Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Technomancer

Liturgist
she can be successful but not get 6 rations.
Only if you've brought enough yourself to make up the difference. You NEED 6 rations for your party to rest, so she'll keep trying otherwise.

I really like Ekun's special camping ability - reduce rations consumed to 4 (for a party of 6). Less encumbrance, less time spent hunting. Too bad I rarely use Ekun.
So you would need only 3 with Jaethal, she doesn't need to eat. Rations are too cheap in this game though, no point in saving up money by not buying them.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So you would need only 3 with Jaethal, she doesn't need to eat. Rations are too cheap in this game though, no point in saving up money by not buying them.
Technically dead Jaethal still wants her ration. She even has favorite food - Jeweled Rice.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Technically dead Jaethal still wants her ration. She even has favorite food - Jeweled Rice.
Really? I have no doubt she has favorite food but does she actually consumes a ration unit? I was sure she doesn't. It also seems she doesn't heal sometimes not resting with the living.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Tristian leaving really screwed me over because I didn't have anyone to replace him as an advisor. I executed the Lamasthu priestess and did not pick that other girl as an envoy. And in the entire fucking Barony there wasn't even one person that could take the job. Had to hire a mercenary to fill the position. While I like the game choices like these were really bad decisions during development.

If need him that bad go save him. Your kingdom isn't going to be destroyed if you're missing an advisor for a week.

Jesus, what a bunch of pussies. You make Tristian look like John Fucking Wayne.

Or maybe hire Tsanna? She's better councilor imo than Tristian, at least the decision/advice-wise.

Tytus

Arcane
Tristian leaving really screwed me over because I didn't have anyone to replace him as an advisor. I executed the Lamasthu priestess and did not pick that other girl as an envoy. And in the entire fucking Barony there wasn't even one person that could take the job. Had to hire a mercenary to fill the position. While I like the game choices like these were really bad decisions during development.

If need him that bad go save him. Your kingdom isn't going to be destroyed if you're missing an advisor for a week.

Jesus, what a bunch of pussies. You make Tristian look like John Fucking Wayne.

Or maybe hire Tsanna? She's better councilor imo than Tristian, at least the decision/advice-wise.

Zed's Tsanna's dead baby. Tsanna is dead.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Apparently Jaethal can become more powerful through certain events in her quests? Does anyone what, specifically, she gets in terms of upgrades?

She gets a bonus to saving throw if she doesn't kill her daughter and plan to use her to possess her body. I don't recall which saving throw though, I think it was CHA to will, or maybe it was reflexes, or both.

Don't remember which stats if she kills her since I always go for the possession part (AKA the good ending).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Only if you've brought enough yourself to make up the difference. You NEED 6 rations for your party to rest, so she'll keep trying otherwise.

I really like Ekun's special camping ability - reduce rations consumed to 4 (for a party of 6). Less encumbrance, less time spent hunting. Too bad I rarely use Ekun.

You get to the point where weight shouldn't be much of an issue.

Tytus

Arcane

Buying bags of holding is the key here. But if I remember correctly they are pretty expensive.

Desiderius

Patron

The whole Tsanna back story/quest line is really an extraordinarily well done handling of some difficult subjects, subjects utterly butchered by the usual Pozonauts.

Desiderius

Patron
Buying bags of holding is the key here. But if I remember correctly they are pretty expensive.

The small ones are super cheap, the big one is 25K which isn't ruinous if you sell some magic stuff.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, it progressively becomes much less of a concern, true (much faster if you use multiple Animal Companions). But it always remains a limitation. Later 20 rations may be plenty, but you still need to refill sometimes. And carrying too much plus gathering all the loot is a quick way to encumbrance. Heavy encumbrance really sucks.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, it progressively becomes much less of a concern, true (much faster if you use multiple Animal Companions). But it always remains a limitation. Later 20 rations may be plenty, but you still need to refill sometimes. And carrying too much plus gathering all the loot is a quick way to encumbrance. Heavy encumbrance really sucks.

Once you figure out that artisans are your main income source, and that most of the really valuable stuff is pretty light anyway, you get a lot less anal about lugging all the loot home. Plus you get someone with Nature Lore high enough to score big hunts and your melee dudes get massive STR, etc...

Then there's the couple times where you run low on coin and do an inventory yard sale to lighten things up too. I never end up traveling anything but light. You can use the hat in a pinch.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cattle are quite assiduous in caring for their young.
It's not about caring. A human knows how to make a tasty steak from a cattle so s/he kills a cattle. Jaethal knows how to make something useful from her daughter, so she possesses her daughter.

You're literally dumb as a rock.
Good, so I don't need to explain you anything.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Crowd Control can be very helpful there. BUT his mace has permanent Freedom effect, so not everything will work.
Hideous Laughter can save the day if you manage to land it and he keeps rolling poorly.

I didn't have Linzi with me, because of the archer dude, so a lot of my crowd control spells were missing in action. In the end I buffed everyone an insane amount, used haste right at the start and rushed the mage, then used haste again, healed constantly with Tristian and made it a war of attrition. At the very end everyone was dead except the archer, and the chief rushed him, but I had cast rebuke death on my main. Archer landed a sneak attack, main came up behind and landed another, and he was dead. Lucky as hell, honestly.

Super fun.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Super fun.
While I'm glad that you won the fight and that you got great experience from the game, I am kind of puzzled. Trolls are strong, but not very bright brutes; you fought them before the Trobold; you know that will is their weakest saving throw. So for me it would have been quite obvious to take a caster with lots of spells targeting will saves.

Desiderius

Patron
Cattle are quite assiduous in caring for their young.
It's not about caring. A human knows how to make a tasty steak from a cattle so s/he kills a cattle. Jaethal knows how to make something useful from her daughter, so she possesses her daughter.

Instructive how naturally hos before bros devolves into sterility, impotence, and, er, cannibalism. From an evolutionary perspective destroying your own children to squeeze a few more years out of your own life is about the biggest self-own there is.

But if you want to hang with Boomer thots don't let me stop you.

BTW, get that steak while the getting's good. Once the Hindjoos complete their takeover that shit goes right out the window. Fed my pregnant wife a steady diet and now my two-year-olds are already six HD and counting.

Desiderius

Patron
Super fun.
While I'm glad that you won the fight and that you got great experience from the game, I am kind of puzzled. Trolls are strong, but not very bright brutes; you fought them before the Trobold; you know that will is their weakest saving throw. So for me it would have been quite obvious to take a caster with lots of spells targeting will saves.

It's a lesson everyone learns sooner or later. If you try to brute force the game like Porky Paladin you're kind of missing the point. It's can be done, but why would you?

Desiderius

Patron
Super fun.

Glad you had fun. Going Bardless adds 1.5 difficulty levels to the game.

Next time put Okbo on Tartuk, and Cacophonous Call/Touch of Chaos/Jub bombs on Hargulka.

Okbo has Trip and casters have shit CMD.

Desiderius

Patron
What are the unique selling points of having a bard in the party?

Multiple songs up at once, while simultaneously fighting/casting. More or less breaks action economy given how strong the songs are. Unique spells that fit well vs what saves are strong at different parts of the game (will early, fort late). Free skill ranks/points. Good Hope/Dirge of Doom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom