Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ghost armor had its use indeed. Only way to save my mage before they nerfed the Siroket encounter, since it was two-hit to death by the erynnes in 0.000001 sec.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ghost armor had its use indeed. Only way to save my mage before they nerfed the Siroket encounter, since it was two-hit to death by the erynnes in 0.000001 sec.

That's why Initiative is my top priority.

That fight is the teacher of that lesson like no other.

Desiderius

Patron
Change in plans - found a class I hadn't tested yet:

Psychokineticist

Melee MC was bad fit with double Tiger Val anyway, so playthrough starting over. MC Archaeologist playthrough on hold at lvl 9 to finish with different party comp replacing Val with a ranged toon/maybe Jub.

New MC is Garuda-blooded Aasimar with 20 WIS to start, going for record high WIS. Air (Electric) for first element to get Celerity train rolling. Planning to pick up Water second going toward Cloud Infusion.

Any advice welcome.

Desiderius

Patron
I am actually not familiar with psychokineticist. How does that class work?

Kineticist using WIS instead of CON as main stat (for DCs/extra damage and the like). Stumbled on it because that guy was using Motherless which gets a bonus to WIS.

Instead of Overflow giving you size boosts to physical stats like base class/Knight, for Psycho it makes your mental stats higher, up to +6/+4/+2. Downside being it nukes WILL and WIS skills for each point of burn you have. Overflow still gives +1 to hit/+2 dam per point of burn as well.

So you crank up the burn by spamming Celerity (Haste) starting at lvl six, and it makes your to hit/damage/mental stats go up.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
To make the game easier?

I really do wonder how much easier the game was made in patches, since I never touched Pathfinder before and am completely steamrolling "challenging" difficulty for the most part. Whenever I have to Google something I see endless bitching about how hard the game was on normal at launch, let alone challenging. Not trying to give myself a BJ or anything, I've got nothing on you guys, but it is interesting.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really do wonder how much easier the game was made in patches
First, I am sure all patch notes are available somewhere. Probably on GOG in their sticky thread.

Second, I remember at least 3 changes at the start of the game (before the Stag Lord): there were some wolves between the prologue and Oleg's trading outpost - they were changed to thylacines which supposed to be easier; the cave with berries for Bokken restructured in such a way that it is possible to get the berries and complete the quest without fighting spider swarms; during the first fight with Technic League there was the mage who was casting Blindness - now he does not cast this spell.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
To make the game easier?

I really do wonder how much easier the game was made in patches, since I never touched Pathfinder before and am completely steamrolling "challenging" difficulty for the most part. Whenever I have to Google something I see endless bitching about how hard the game was on normal at launch, let alone challenging. Not trying to give myself a BJ or anything, I've got nothing on you guys, but it is interesting.
Yes, with the exception of a few encounters the game is not that difficult if you have two braincells to rub together. Unfortunately the average human is a fucking moron. And the average gamer is too prideful to accept turning the difficulty down to easy without taking a hit to his precious ego.

during the first fight with Technic League there was the mage who was casting Blindness - now he does not cast this spell.

Fuck, I didn't know about that. Filtered by a spell when you can buy the cure at Oleg's...

And they also nerfed the Treant-like Bear at Erastil's temple, changed its DR or something.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Unfortunately the average human is
"The average WESTERN human is ..."

Fixed this for ya.
So, which is the mythical human race that is smarter on average? The Africans who have still to make a proper state without fucking it up themselves, the Middle Eastern Jihadis, the Indians who shit on the streets, or the Chinese who started a pandemic by eating bats?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
before they nerfed the Siroket encounter

They did what?! I thought they'd only nerfed chapter 1 encounrers.

Most of the late game encouters were nerfed. Including the final battle (Chap VII).
Because the same retards disabled who are now masturbating in the BG3 thread found the game too difficult.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Afaik it was more a bugfix than straightforward nerf. Siroket was changing phases mmo-style at 25/50/70% HP, when she spawned adds. But after getting hit so hard that she skipped "hp-step/phase" she often bugged out to become permanently invincible. So combat often seemed more difficult than it truly was.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Afaik it was more a bugfix than straightforward nerf. Siroket was changing phases mmo-style at 25/50/70% HP, when she spawned adds. But after getting hit so hard that she skipped "hp-step/phase" she often bugged out to become permanently invincible. So combat often seemed more difficult than it truly was.

It was a bugfix AND a nerf. They didn't just fix the immortality bug, they also nerfed the encounter directly or indirectly (changing your party placement at the start for example).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
To make the game easier?

It's a combination of factors. Being new to the system, and game breaking bugs. Back when this game released some users were not all that familiar with the Pathfinder rule set. Indeed users were completely confounded by things such as Attack Bonus, Armor Class, and Saving Throws. Yet, the worst offender was poor build making. People would come up with the most idiotic builds, then get punished for it later in the game.

The thing that bothers me the most. Is that most of the people who complained about the game, no longer play it. While I who has been playing since release, have to suffer all of these changes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just found Ekundayo, first playthrough, I like to wait for good games to get really done. Isn't it some kind of *Racist* that the only black NPC speaks broken English?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I just found Ekundayo, first playthrough, I like to wait for good games to get really done. Isn't it some kind of *Racist* that the only black NPC speaks broken English?
It is racist to assume that every black is an African-American. Some of them are just African.

Yosharian

Arcane
How do I make my own Kingmaker mods? I want to make an item that's in the game's code but isn't actually in the game, purchaseable at one of the vendors. Seems like a simple mod, but I don't know where to begin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom