Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Figured out how to respec Archaeologist MC with Psychokineticist and pick up where I left off. Decided to start with Water for unlimited high DC Grease (more or less Bowling Infusion from lvl 1) and Bull Rush shenanigans.

This is going to be fun:

Psycho Rush.jpg

Air (electric) for second element gets Synapse (staggered) infusion to touch AC (great with Bokken coming up) and Celerity (Haste).

Can anyone determine if that CMB is incorrect (should be using WIS bonus of +7 for Pushing Infusion)? Is using Reduce Person so that would also effect it.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Just finished up Varnholds lot. It was pretty fun. I think that last dungeon could have been longer it reminded me of Watcher's Keep quite bit.

What are the optimal choices for Varnholds lot? Does it even have a big impact on the main campaign? I know I missed a falcata somewhere, and I want to try a different ending.

The end boss was super tough too. Required all of my skills and stratagems to formulate a tactic to beat him.

Cast one stinking cloud.

The character I used.

V8EJuz1.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>What are the optimal choices for Varnholds lot?
Difficulty: Unfair
Optimal Classes:
1) Monk
2) Dex Sword Saint/ One Monk
3) Skill monkey(Or any pet based class)

It's much more fun if you play on unfair.

>Cast one stinking cloud.
That's what happens when you abuse cheese. It trivializes the game. Glad you beat it though. It's a nice dungeon that is quite reminiscent of Durlag's Tower.

>character I used.
Slayer isn't too bad. I also see you hit level 9 on him. Did you get the stat boosting books too? There is a quest where you can get books to boost your stats. Too bad that doesn't carry over to the main game.

>Does it even have a big impact on the main campaign?
So-so. Gear from the DLC carries over to the main game. A goblin merchant sells it. After the Pitax chapter you can find the goblin merchant in a set location. As for the story implications? There is some.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
So none of the pick centaur or cultist choices matter? That was more what I was worried about, I did use all the statbooks on my general.

I want to do one more playthrough on Varnholds lot and have a good save for all my future campaigns.

I also spammed enervation on the big mimic to make him easy to take down. I suppose I could try unfair.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>So none of the pick centaur or cultist choices matter?
Nope.

>I did use all the statbooks on my general.
The statbooks don't carry over to the main game, so it's best you used them. I just wanted to make sure you weren't saving them in the hopes that you will find them in the main game.

>I want to do one more playthrough on Varnholds lot and have a good save for all my future campaigns.
Try Unfair. It makes the experience much more fun. Now that you beat it once, you should have meta game knowledge of where all the loot is at. So, plan your builds accordingly. There are a couple of more secrets in the Dungeon that I don't remember. Did you manage to figure out the dog secret. There is a dog at the entrance of the dungeon. Right next to the hungry demon that is trapped.

Desiderius

Patron
>So none of the pick centaur or cultist choices matter?
Nope.

>I did use all the statbooks on my general.
The statbooks don't carry over to the main game, so it's best you used them. I just wanted to make sure you weren't saving them in the hopes that you will find them in the main game.

>I want to do one more playthrough on Varnholds lot and have a good save for all my future campaigns.
Try Unfair. It makes the experience much more fun. Now that you beat it once, you should have meta game knowledge of where all the loot is at. So, plan your builds accordingly. There are a couple of more secrets in the Dungeon that I don't remember. Did you manage to figure out the dog secret. There is a dog at the entrance of the dungeon. Right next to the hungry demon that is trapped.

That's where he got Legendarily Proportioned.

I couldn't believe the dog thing actually worked. That's when Owlcat got me.

Desiderius

Patron
This is going to be good.

PsychoSlick.jpg

Psychokineticist using his infinite Wisdom to crank up the DC on his unlimited one turn Greases.

VTomb here we come. The bigger they are...

Desiderius

Patron
Yup. Remove curse. I only knew about it because a steam user showed me. The bite he does when you succeed on the roll is hilarious.

I tried it thinking maybe 2% chance it works. Last time something like that worked was reflecting the light on your shield in Wiz 7.

As for unique gear I think there's some kind of True Strike Helm maybe? I didn't get it. Something on a Zombie Giant Cleric near cult cave if you side with cultists too I think.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
It ain't easy being greasy.

Wait a minute.. Grease everything and make your henchmen have featherstep. Isn't that similar to making yourself immune to poison and casting clouds of poison or giving the party communal fire resists and casting fireball.

What other big brain tactics are there? Not that I use them it is for my friend.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>What other big brain tactics are there? Not that I use them it is for my friend.
Yeah. Now you're starting to get it. Keep going. Wait until you start figuring out class/feat combos without having to read guides.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Wait a minute.. Grease everything and make your henchmen have featherstep. Isn't that similar to making yourself immune to poison and casting clouds of poison or giving the party communal fire resists and casting fireball.

What other big brain tactics are there? Not that I use them it is for my friend.
*Sniff* They grow up so fast.

Desiderius

Patron

Does Feather Step work with Grease? His unlimited Grease only lasts one turn and a lot of things on Unfair aren't falling for it. But not Giants.

I use Feather Step with difficult terrain quite a bit for CC. Stuff that is slow/staggered/prone can still get up and hit you. Stuff that is nauseated can't. Main difference is that Step is working as intended. If Delay Poison is working as intended then the intention is mistaken.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I use Feather Step with difficult terrain quite a bit for CC. Stuff that is slow/staggered/prone can still get up and hit you. Stuff that is nauseated can't. Main difference is that Step is working as intended. If Delay Poison is working as intended then the intention is mistaken.
Delay Poison isn't working as intended, but even if it worked properly and made you suffer the effects as soon as it ended it wouldn't matter for Stinking Cloud. You wouldn't even notice your characters getting nauseated for half a minute hours later, while you're either traveling or resting.

It would make a difference for everything else though. Spamming Cloudkill would get extremely dangerous.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
I can kind of imagine that. Thinking back to a bad smell you smelled six hours ago and feeling sick but you didn't feel sick at the time because you were in a battle and super focused.

Instead of a phantom pain, a phantom smell.

Yosharian

Arcane

Cute but Grease doesn't even reference difficult terrain. Feather Step won't work against it. Or, it shouldn't...

Desiderius

Patron

Cute but Grease doesn't even reference difficult terrain. Feather Step won't work against it. Or, it shouldn't...

Remember an InEffect argument about Feather Step. Either he thought it didn't do anything or else thought it worked with Entangle (it doesn't). I explained how I use it for CC with difficult terrain and he didn't believe me.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Getting close to finishing up my main campaign. I'm thinking I'll play a vivisectionist or slayer for my next character. Don't want to be a kensai.

Do I have to pick a motherless tiefling? That extra bite attack will probably be used several thousand times through the campaign it is almost too good to pass up.

Tieflings are really gay though I don't want to be one. It is alright for a girl but it isn't manly for a king. Maybe an Elf (drow) or Human (can use the extra feat for an exotic proficiency and use the Spazz Matticus portrait).

Really it is a big consideration to take for such a long campaign. I want to stick strictly to a high difficulty so no rerolling characters so I get the achievement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom