Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Back to plan A (Archaeologist MC) since it seems that Psychokineticist CMB is bugged and was counting on mass Bull Rush shenanigans.

Switched around advisors this time to open up some new options. Val diplo opens up this sweet one (Linzi didn't like it):

Advisor switch-up.jpg

I suspect there may be a price to pay at some point. Notice 2 (Arcane) points away from Teleportation circles barely one year into game. Not quite to Goblin Village yet. Herbalist is queued and coming up in six days.

Displacer tank Feyspeaker Val finally gets her first decent armor (Druids can wear Dragonscale) from artisan Dragn:

Druid Plate.jpg

Someone was asking about how to get Sneaks solo. Here's MC Archaeologist fighting Unfair Redcaps solo using Dazzling Display, Shatter Defenses, and Sense Vitals to do some damage:

Archaelogist Solo Sneak.jpg

Weak save for Fey Chicks at Bald Hilltop is Fortitude. Attacking it here - summon Monitor Lizards even getting in on the action. Dex damage from Touch of Gracelessness to get her Unfair AC down. Exhaustion from 5th lvl Cleric spell Boneshatter.

Attacking Fortitude.jpg

That Destructive Aura (arrow pointing to icon) from Harrim adds 5 damage to every hit (for everyone) and confirms all crits, which is useful when fighting a boss with ultra high AC:

Destructive Aura Crit Confirm.jpg

My tanks have Mirror Image and/or Displacement so not very worried about the downside. Finally another nice/unique artisan item that frees up a valuable head slot. First +4 INT item at all:

Herbalist Cape.jpg

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay I've decided to play a pure vivisectionist.

What is better Str or Dex? Dex would chew up loads of feats but gets more attacks and sneak but Strength would be easier for hitting for big damage and have less AB penalty.

I really like the Alchemist capstone ability so I might stay pure also it is easier on the stats (but I'll miss out on a big chunk of AC from not getting a monk dip or robes). I think UMD should be like Neverwinter Nights where it allows you to use alignment restricted and class restricted items that was always good because people would get it so they could wear the robes that give you permanent haste.

Yosharian

Arcane

What is better Str or Dex? Dex would chew up loads of feats but gets more attacks and sneak but Strength would be easier for hitting for big damage and have less AB penalty.

I really like the Alchemist capstone ability so I might stay pure also it is easier on the stats (but I'll miss out on a big chunk of AC from not getting a monk dip or robes). I think UMD should be like Neverwinter Nights where it allows you to use alignment restricted and class restricted items that was always good because people would get it so they could wear the robes that give you permanent haste.
Both are good. See my steam builds page for an example on how to build a dex version

Yosharian

Arcane
Yosharian , do you have a GOG Galaxy account I could add as a friend?
Eh? Why? You can find me on Discord or Steam if you want to talk

Edit: actually yeah I do have a GOG Galaxy account

All my accounts have the same handle that I use here, though my Steam one can be a little glitchy to find

I love how GOG Galaxy instantly tried to wreck my modded TW3 install as soon as I booted it up. They want to compete with Steam but they keep doing the same retarded shit that Valve does. Fucking incompetent idiots.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh? Why? You can find me on Discord or Steam if you want to talk
Oh, sure, I am just in the process of developing a friends list in Galaxy. I don't really know why yet.

BTW, I would never trust Galaxy with my Witcher 3 install just for this reason. I only let it manage games that are too old to have patches or games that are recent and have many patches, but I'm not invested in, like PKM.

Desiderius

Patron
MC Archaeologist picked up Opportunist at lvl 10 and thought "why haven't I ever gotten that on melee Linzi?" so when she hit ten I found out: base Bard doesn't get Advanced Rogue Talents but Archaeologist does! Pretty smoove class. Looking like Vivi splash might be back on the menu for Crippling Strike and Feral Mutagen.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
That's a good one I was messing around on the endless dungeon too and had this twin snake quarterstaff and made a strength alchemist with it.

Since it was a 2 scaled fist/18 Vivi it had the extra attack and had very high persuasion to do the sneak attacks. Still I think the great axe would be better and has a better ramp up Trollreaper into Vanquisher and I don't really remember how to get the quarterstaff on the main campaign.

Or maybe even play a drow Vivisectionist that uses the elven blades and then I can get Bane of the living the secret OP supersword.

Looking like Alch splash is back on the menu for Crippling Strike and Feral Mutagen.

Are you going to pick up 4 levels of DD or any other stuff?

Desiderius

Patron
That's a good one I was messing around on the endless dungeon too and had this twin snake quarterstaff and made a strength alchemist with it.

Since it was a 2 scaled fist/18 Vivi it had the extra attack and had very high persuasion to do the sneak attacks. Still I think the great axe would be better and has a better ramp up Trollreaper into Vanquisher and I don't really remember how to get the quarterstaff on the main campaign.

Or maybe even play a drow Vivisectionist that uses the elven blades and then I can get Bane of the living the secret OP supersword.

Looking like Alch splash is back on the menu for Crippling Strike and Feral Mutagen.

It's tempting, but not really the direction this build is going (likewise with Vivi, where I'd really like the Shield/Enlarge Person spells too - Enlarge for Amiri). Don't need DD STR plus I'm still an offensive caster in the big fights then moving in to clean up with solid melee. That good melee is to get through the regular fights without spending resources.

Opportunist is good because AoOs happen right away, while extra attacks rarely happen at all if you watch the Combat Log.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

One thing to consider is STR Vivi with two-bladed weapons.

TWF is a nice fit with all the sneaks, while two-bladed weapons get bigger bonuses from STR/Power Attack/Enlarge effects.

I ran this for my Varnhold Vivi - only time I've played straight Vivi.

Desiderius

Patron
I need too much dex for the greater two weapon fighting though.

Nah, use equipment. Pic is unbuffed (all the icons are kingdom--wide stuff. I had to bump DEX for respec, but you can use equipment for DEX and INT. Start at 15 DEX to get second attack from beginning.

If you want straight Vivi go human and use extra feat for Exotic Two-Bladed Sword and Twin Crystals. There's also a good Hooked Hammer late.

Desiderius

Patron
Four (big) attacks at lvl 4:

Orc Double lvl 4.jpg

On the way to get the Axe dual-wielding torches:

Getting Double Axe.jpg

Equipping it for first time. Looks like trouble:

Double Axe Equip.jpg

Only downside is 1d6 base die. With Enlarging effects you'd prefer 1d8, but you're not getting Lead Blades anyway, so you'll just have to settle for big STR + sneaks.

Note that Druid Magic Fang can charge up your bites before you get necklace or to free up the slot.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Question: how does HIPS for level 12 Rangers work? The description states that they can HIPS even during combat. I can't pull it off. Closest I got was moving away, and I think I managed while the combat music was still playing.

Is the skill check incredibly high, or is it a bug? Thanks.

Desiderius

Patron
Question: how does HIPS for level 12 Rangers work? The description states that they can HIPS even during combat. I can't pull it off. Closest I got was moving away, and I think I managed while the combat music was still playing.

Is the skill check incredibly high, or is it a bug? Thanks.

Wisps have a similar Natural Invis ability. If you've got decent Perception it doesn't do much since you're often right on top of them. How much Stealth do you have? I'd guess it would take 40ish Stealth and 15-20 feet to work reliably. Try Chameleon Stride to help get there.

Should get +2 Concealment to hit out of it. I'll test and see.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stealth @ 27, currently in Womb on Lamustu. Suppose I'm a bit shy of the high levels of skill required - and expect people would have mentioned if it was broken by now.

Still, worth asking as I doubt anyone actually plays a straight Ranger.

Yosharian

Arcane

You can't get that staff in the main campaign however I've got a guy working on a mod that'll make it purchasable from the main vendors

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Assuming you can respec on challenging, which I forgot to check, is there a good reason to respec my knife master for kukris instead of daggers? They seem a little more powerful.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bane of the Living is secret and sounds super cool... but isn't really that OP comparing with some other end game weapons.

Desiderius

Patron
Stealth @ 27, currently in Womb on Lamustu. Suppose I'm a bit shy of the high levels of skill required - and expect people would have mentioned if it was broken by now.

Still, worth asking as I doubt anyone actually plays a straight Ranger.

Straight Ranger is a baller, tho I usually give Ekun at least eight Huntmaster levels. I just tested it with him on R16 and 50 Stealth and is doesn't do anything noticeable (no Concealment boost to AB like you get with Greater Invis). It might act like Impromptu Sneak Attack? Give you Blur like the spell Chameleon Stride? He wasn't under attack so that could be worth trying.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Assuming you can respec on challenging, which I forgot to check, is there a good reason to respec my knife master for kukris instead of daggers? They seem a little more powerful.
I'm pretty sure you can't respec on challenging, not without using a mod or lowering the difficulty temporarily. And Kukris are probably a little better indeed, they needed to support Nok-Nok somehow.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure you can't respec on challenging, not without using a mod or lowering the difficulty temporarily. And Kukris are probably a little better indeed, they needed to support Nok-Nok somehow.

Guess I could just use another feat, I think I have most of the good stuff anyway. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom