Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Technomancer

Liturgist
I'm leaning towards the freedom one to negate Wild Hunt cheese endgame.
Can't you get immunity or resistance to paralyze from spells? You can't get party-wide immunity to death effects without that ability.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The better one is Guarded Hearth. But generally, while one against Death can protect u against some stuff like idk, lich cyclops; super sorc; nyrissa etc etc (wail of banshee boss spammers), freedom for rounds/cleric is just not enough - you'll face whole levels of wh and fight them for hours, will have to rely on saving throws/items (which there are many)/spell anyway.

I guess it's ok in a pinch against final boss if you screw up and get dispelled but then if you do you're at bad position anyway.

Another one going for Death is that if you're eccleteurge you can fill extra slots with some better spells. In game death ward is just +save and I think there's only one item that gives you immunity, so it's simply a more unique thing to have.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The better one is Guarded Hearth. But generally, while one against Death can protect u against some stuff like idk, lich cyclops; super sorc; nyrissa etc etc (wail of banshee boss spammers), freedom for rounds/cleric is just not enough - you'll face whole levels of wh and fight them for hours, will have to rely on saving throws/items/spell anyway.

I guess it's ok in a pinch against final boss if you screw up and get dispelled but then if you do you're at bad position anyway.

Another one going for Death is that if you're eccleteurge you can fill extra slots with some better spells.

Guarded Hearth is once per rest. Inspiring Command (Nobility Domain via Abadar) is WIS + 3 per rest, lvl/2 rounds per use, and you get a short-term Heroism for skills/attacks in first ability.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm leaning towards the freedom one to negate Wild Hunt cheese endgame.
Can't you get immunity or resistance to paralyze from spells? You can't get party-wide immunity to death effects without that ability.

Don't really need either one. Blindfight or Tremorsense give gaze immunity. Freedom of Movement is easy to get, and Death Ward not much harder.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Eh I don't think taking Blindfight is that needed anymore. They fixed level 1 druid spell and other effects, and during endgame you will have 3-4 items that give you freedum.

Desiderius

Patron
Nobility Domain.jpg

+2 Attack and AC, Groupwide, Insight (stacks with almost everything).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah I played Nobility Inquis. Not exactly everything though, even some items like artisan stuff have Insight boosts to them. It is good for constant stacking but it doesn't change encounters in principle.

Yosharian

Arcane
Eh I don't think taking Blindfight is that needed anymore. They fixed level 1 druid spell and other effects, and during endgame you will have 3-4 items that give you freedum.
I count two items. And that's endgame.

Blind-Fight protects against Gaze, not sure why you think it's not needed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well there's about 2 mobs with gaze afaik it's medusae and wh. Medusae you meet... 2 times? 3?

Dispel, players whined too much and Owlcats took away Monarch AoE dispel, they now only can single target.

Items, minimum 2 ring types (and I believe you can find more than 1 same ring), and Regongar cloak (or is it only confusion?), and DLC boss super cloak. And I think there's something else? I just remember that during last pthru I cast freedum on 2 companions and 1 pet.

Yosharian

Arcane
The better one is Guarded Hearth. But generally, while one against Death can protect u against some stuff like idk, lich cyclops; super sorc; nyrissa etc etc (wail of banshee boss spammers), freedom for rounds/cleric is just not enough - you'll face whole levels of wh and fight them for hours, will have to rely on saving throws/items (which there are many)/spell anyway.

Another one going for Death is that if you're eccleteurge you can fill extra slots with some better spells. In game death ward is just +save and I think there's only one item that gives you immunity, so it's simply a more unique thing to have.
I already have Guarded Hearth, it's for boss fights obviously. And so is the Liberation ability.

But I take your point about the amount of fights against Wild Hunt endgame. Resting is difficult/undesirable?

Resistance to death effects vs immunity - good point, I suppose it gives immunity to Wail and other things.

Yosharian

Arcane
Well there's about 2 mobs with gaze afaik it's medusae and wh. Medusae you meet... 2 times? 3?

Dispel, players whined too much and Owlcats took away Monarch AoE dispel, they now only can single target.

Items, minimum 2 ring types (and I believe you can find more than 1 same ring), and Regongar cloak (or is it only confusion?), and DLC boss super cloak. And I think there's something else? I just remember that during last pthru I cast freedum on 2 companions and 1 pet.
Pretty sure Regongar's cloak is only fear/confusion.

What's the DLC cloak name?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yep technomancer^^^

thing is to get it you need to finish DLC dungeon with "true" ending, otherwise it won't spawn. You'll only get mace, ring and something else then.

Desiderius

Patron
There's a lot of solutions to everything (especially paralysis) except critically failing Ghost Mage Plague Storm then having to Remove the Blindness or whatever. I do just take Blindfight on most toons for convenience sake as all Wild Hunt have a gaze of some sort.

Yeah I played Nobility Inquis. Not exactly everything though, even some items like artisan stuff have Insight boosts to them. It is good for constant stacking but it doesn't change encounters in principle.

Constant stacking changes every encounter in fact. +2 AB/+2 AC to everybody, 10 uses per rest is big game. Skills too when you need it.

Desiderius

Patron
Back to regularly scheduled programming:

Look what just showed up (before Goblin Fort):

Phat Loot.jpg

Looks like Amiri isn't going best available after all. Lvl 11 coming up for Exotic Proficiency. Or maybe Jaethot off the bench for the first time?

Played this game way too many times and first time I've seen this:

New Encounter.jpg

There are ten times more random encounters in CH 2 and 3 than in the whole rest of the game.

So this is weird:

Alchemical Crit.jpg

That random 42 damage is the Alchemical Weapon damage from the Critical Hit below it. And it does multiply. If you have enough flasks you're getting an extra attack a turn that picks up all added damage from Bard Songs and the like which then gets multiplied on crits.

This is why Boneshatter (lvl 5 Cleric Spell, Necromancy school) is such a good spell. Exhausted (-6 DEX/STR) on failed save, Fatigue on made:

Boneshatter Exhaust.jpg

Smilodon tanking with help from Slow from Linzi. Hmm, looking like Flytrap is immune to the Staggered part.

Smilodon Tank.jpg

Val's been tanking with Image and just spamming Frigid Touch (no save, longer duration on crit) to stagger everyone. Linzi lands an Overwhelming Grief - prevents attacks and softens mobs up to be finished off quickly.

Stagger and Grief.jpg

Note to Harrim: Bring anti-Reflex spells to VTomb. And your high saves.

Lucky vs Good.jpg

Sound Burst great way to interrupt Fae casters. Got two at once here. Bought the time needed to charge over and take them out:

Sound Burst vs Fae.jpg

For some reason those Tricksters were on the Acid Splash plan instead of their normal Confusion. Must have been hanging with Octavia.

And last but not least Nok-nok still kocking heads. Hard. More artisanal goodness (Troublemaker dagger).

Level ten Big Hit.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Why the fuck does Sacred Huntsman get Judgement at level 19 except it doesn't even get it? I just tested it and you receive nothing at level 19, lol

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone know where you get the Apex Predator helmet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom