Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm currently at the Swamp Witch's House area. I'm handling the boar encouters with zero problems, the walking lizards and the wargs encounters require me to manage positioning and abilities, the will-o-wisp encounters usually end with someone knocked out, and the enraged owlbears and the ancient will-o-wisp are handing my ass back to me. The giant slugs and the scythe tree were surprisingly easy.

I play on Core rules with small adjustments - normal damage and no permadeath of companions. My MC is a 7th lvl Rogue, the rest of the party is 6th level: Linzi, Harrim, Valerie, Amiri, the Kineticist Tiefling.

Can you help me with this question - do I suck at the game or am I underlevled for the area?

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
the will-o-wisp encouters usually end with someone knocked out, and the enraged owlbears and the ancient will-o-wisp are handing my ass back to me
Just use ptotection and resist energy (electricity). Fuck owlbears. I came back for them and the poison lizards later.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
WAIT WAIT! Don't do anything with the corpse if you find one. This area is easy to screw up.

Legit spoiler.

You gotta put the ring on the dead girls body you get from the scythe tree.

Wisps always put the resist and absorb lightning on first before fighting.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
WAIT WAIT! Don't do anything with the corpse if you find one. This area is easy to screw up.

Legit spoiler.

You gotta put the ring on the dead girls body you get from the scythe tree.

Wisps always put the resist and absorb lightning on first before fighting.
Lol, yes, I did just that. Too long experience with playing RPGs. It's funny that they've marked the possible choices with Alignments, I think's it doesn't make sense for this choice. The Neutral Evil is clearly stupid (take the jewels).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am going once again through the dlc dungeon and I just wish that they will find a way to make combat less visually cluttered in WotR. With a lot of monsters and spell effects everything gets ugly and it's almost impossible to look at the screen and understand what's going on.

I mean, what the fuck is this shit supposed to be?

LYpY0ku.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
The thing that can be messed up is that you see the dead girls body and put flowers on it then if you kill the tree later you cannot put the ring on her body as the game will not let you interact with it.

Funny thing is I know this and I've fucked up both the swamp area and the DLC dungeon endings this playthrough.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The thing that can be messed up is that you see the dead girls body and put flowers on it then if you kill the tree later you cannot put the ring on her body as the game will not let you interact with it.

Funny thing is I know this and I've fucked up both the swamp area and the DLC dungeon endings this playthrough.
But is lvl 6-7 the normal level for this area?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
I don't think I did the well fight or scythe tree at that level no but the rest of the fights yes. I did some other areas and came back after a level up.

Also had to leave the troll fort and come back later. Yeah you might need a bit higher level.

Technomancer

Liturgist

But what exactly gets fucked up? I took the ring and finished the quest normally.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

But is lvl 6-7 the normal level for this area?

All but the Owlbears. Use See Invis Communal and Resist Electricity for Wisps. Bard Sangs and Freebooter abilities can help you hit them. See Invis also helps with Venomhodags.

Clearing that area get you closer to lvl 8 for the Troll Fort which is a sweet spot for several classes (3/4 classes get their iterative attack, etc...).

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
But what exactly gets fucked up? I took the ring and finished the quest normally.

Well.
The swamp is still cursed. If you have that ring you didn't break the curse and missed out on some reward and the proper ending. You gotta give the dead girl the ring from the scythe tree and then tell the witch about it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am going once again through the dlc dungeon and I just wish that they will find a way to make combat less visually cluttered in WotR. With a lot of monsters and spell effects everything gets ugly and it's almost impossible to look at the screen and understand what's going on.

I mean, what the fuck is this shit supposed to be?

LYpY0ku.png

Well, its still much easier to read then PoE....

And Turn Based mod is like a dream come true...

Shadenuat

Arcane
what the fuck is this shit supposed to be?
Rogue Dungeon has its own special effects which affect all creatures in the area. One of them is "illusion" which makes mirror image fappers cry bloody tears. The bad part is that whole level looks like it is covered in purple gelatin.

Desiderus also seems to have his grafix overtuned; I didn't have so much particle stuff.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Rogue Dungeon has its own special effects which affect all creatures in the area. One of them is "illusion" which makes mirror image fappers cry bloody tears. The bad part is that whole level looks like it is covered in purple gelatin.

Desiderus also seems to have his grafix overtuned; I didn't have so much particle stuff.
I know, I spent far too many hours in those dungeons. The overlay effects are awful, I still can't understand why they thought that was a good idea.

Desiderius

Patron

Overtuned?

Like this?

HapSmack.jpg

Build sucks:

Bad Touch.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm currently at the Swamp Witch's House area. I'm handling the boar encouters with zero problems, the walking lizards and the wargs encounters require me to manage positioning and abilities, the will-o-wisp encounters usually end with someone knocked out, and the enraged owlbears and the ancient will-o-wisp are handing my ass back to me. The giant slugs and the scythe tree were surprisingly easy.

I play on Core rules with small adjustments - normal damage and no permadeath of companions. My MC is a 7th lvl Rogue, the rest of the party is 6th level: Linzi, Harrim, Valerie, Amiri, the Kineticist Tiefling.

Can you help me with this question - do I suck at the game or am I underlevled for the area?
So, I put the Protection from Energy on Valerie and Amiri, then Resist Energy, Communal for everyone and the Ancient Will-O-Wisp and its two friends didn't pose that much trouble. Now time for the Venomhodags. I haven't checked in the PF Bestiary, but I guess they will inflict poisoned status.

Desiderius

Patron

So, I put the Protection from Energy on Valerie and Amiri, then Resist Energy, Communal for everyone and the Ancient Will-O-Wisp and its two friends didn't pose that much trouble. Now time for the Venomhodags. I haven't checked in the PF Bestiary, but I guess they will inflict poisoned status.

Should always have a Delay Poison, Communal at the ready since it's functionally Poison Immunity. Also need to get those Hodags Invis under control or they'll eat you alive. See Invis, Faerie Fire, or Glitterdust all help.

Desiderius

Patron
So the SwordSaintLord.

Was going to just do the usual with some Swordlord lvls tacked on:

Traditiona SwordSaintLord.jpg

But that's almost certainly strictly worse than a version without Swordlord at all. So I put together a little something that's even more immortal (Images do occasionally get hit, Parry blocks those few which get through) and shares her immortality with her teammates:

SSwordlord Build.jpg

Divine Guardian is a Paladin Archetype that has some skills that use potential Attacks of Opportunity gained via Combat Reflexes to protect a teammate as you can see above. Parry (Other) from the Duelist class performs a similar function while Duelist gives you Combat Reflexes for "free." To review Duelist Class:

Duelist Class.jpg

Doubling up on Canny Defense means no need for Monk Splash for Crane Wing or Fighting Defensively at all:

Big AC.jpg

I did get hit once though (how embarrassing):

Bad Touch.jpg

Con't next comment.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I had tested Parry a little bit, but had trouble triggering it much. For whatever reason triggered it five times in two fights in these tests and it was pretty good. The ability suggests you have to have a full attack first before you can Parry, but that is not the case as can be seen here where I rushed in unbuffed and was able to Parry the first attack before I'd done anything at all:

Early Parry.jpg

Another example mid-combat:

Big Parry.jpg

Looks like most of the time I was Parrying those Crystal attacks, which can be pretty handy.

Here's what the fights looked like (not really very close), critting left and right with Bloodhound + Keen Weapon Enchancement + Enduring Blade + Brilliant Inspiration from Linzi.

Pouring on the Hurt.jpg

Tristian getting in some licks with Improved Vital Strike. Greater has to wait for lvl 20. Hitting 300:

Big Hit Tristian.jpg

My work here with Tristian is done. Frequent crits + Frigid Touch = Staggered mobs

Frigid Touch.jpg

Amiri's Cleavebooter + Thug spread around the Sickness with her Brutal Beatings and Jub was on the Blinding Bombs (8th lvl Cleric Spell Shield of Law was also handing out Blindness on attackers).

Conditions.jpg

But mostly it was just the Swordlord running around relentlessly critting shit. This may be my favorite shot ever. If only I could have gotten a True Strike in there...

HapSmack.jpg

Whole lotta full BAB doing what full BAB does in this game with the right support. Spank every last ass.

Desiderius I have been intending to do a build just like this for my second play through. I just hadn't hashed out the details, but the rough deaft looked alot like this. Thanks for posting it. Saved me some time.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw is there a list of uniques that in the game code but not in the main campaign?

I heard there are several of those item. With a new mod of adding something to a merchant so you can buy them, I want to take a look and play around with the uniques.

Yosharian

Arcane
Btw is there a list of uniques that in the game code but not in the main campaign?

I heard there are several of those item. With a new mod of adding something to a merchant so you can buy them, I want to take a look and play around with the uniques.
Unfortunately there isn't a list as such, other than an (incomplete) list of all items in the game on Google sheets that someone made

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Just got Steelwind what a cool item. 8 attacks I should have two of them and dual wield for the sneak attacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom