Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is this the quest where you have to meet up with Kesten near the shrine of Lamashtu?

Yep. Recently defeated the trolls and an at lv 10 at moment(3 party members and no xp share)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I love PF:KM but one thing that i hate is that there are no Witch class. Witches are present on the story from the second to the last chapter BUT you can't play as one. Imagine how cool to be Winter Witch with all cool hexes and in depth familiar mechanics... I have heard that it din't got included because it din't reached the kckickstarter goal but witches are far more cool and unique than the slayer, a re skin class not so different than other martial classes. I would pay for this class.

A witch also would be cool because we don't have a pure arcane companion. And Witches in pathfinder are far cooler than 5e warlocks. In some interpretations, they are just clerics of non deities and in other interpretations, they are outsiderish magicians, but witches are a contuit to "forces" and their patrons can be anything, moon, sun, winter, etc; the familiars being the spell book who teaches and allow witches attune all spells who aren't hexes also improves a lot the dinamic between a caster and his/her familiar.

And since the "patron" is a non entity but a force or a concept, it blurs the line between arcane and divine casters. Allowing a little less destructive power than arcane powers and a little less healing power than a divine caster.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Guys, how i can know when is the first day of the week to a quest? I an re playing the game

Mouse over the hourglass (pause button). Moonday = Monday. Yes, not all screens (particularly if you're in the capital) have an hourglass.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy shit, he's right! Whoa! You learn something new every day!
LqnZmKf.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Holy shit, he's right! Whoa! You learn something new every day!

I'm always right. Except for a couple comments ago. And that time with Efe. Then there was Daidre. And ArchAngel and Haplo.

I detect a pattern.
It's okay. We can beat the opposition down with our experience. After all, a wise man once said,"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." Arguing with an obsessed monk fan is a sure way to lose :)

Desiderius

Patron
Who makes a TSS MC?

Well, it took a hit when Fighter (and Aldori Defender!) got all those free Weapon Mastery feats with the last DLC, but those two don't get Tower Shield AC to Touch or Improved Uncanny Dodge (can't be flanked), which is a pretty big deal when you need it.

Combat Maneuvers take a lot of feats and don't care about one or two-handed or DPS, so that's a natural fit, as is a build built around using the Armag Relic Armor to get Pounce. See here:

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

CR 24 doesn't even get an attack off against level 14 opposition. She's not TSS but TSS could easily do the same thing and better.

It's a solid honest all-around class that doesn't do anything broken but also has some unique strengths. Only Achilles Heel is Nat 20s.

Desiderius

Patron
So a couple good things about Fauchards:

Crit on 15.jpg

Crit on 15 (with Improved Crit)

Tristian AoO.jpg

Getting to hit things, often, while you're casting a spell due to Outflank +Reach + Enlarge.

Tristian AoO part 2.jpg

Amiri's crit doing more damage because she's Enlarged and Power Attacking and has a few more base Strength.

Note that Val has made the move to Wild Shape tanking.

Wild Shape tank.jpg

Not a great AC, but good enough when she can cast Mirror Image, Displacement, and Greater Invis on herself. Still work to do on the Trip Cloak. Might get there when Frightful Aspect comes in at 16, might not bother. She also forgot to equip the Amulet of Mighty Fists +3.
Oppressor shows up.jpg

Er, scratch that. New plan. When Smilodon Shape comes online this will let me get Natural Spell (since it stupidly requires 13 WIS for Feyspeaker too) with CHR on my weapon (you retain bonuses while Wild Shaped) I can get the necessary WIS from the Head Slot. But until then I think we'll go with the +4 Bastard Sword.

Other Artisan goods starting to come in too:
Artisans kicking in.jpg

If nothing better comes along, Censer's Robe is decent armor for Wild Shaping. Also got the Amulet that add +1 per die to elemental damage spells for Octavia. Just popped Technic League Hideout so will go straight there to get my Grenadier MC hooked up. Also Chocolate Ice Cream recipe.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Up until now when I finished a main quest chapter I had a bunch of time to explore and upgrade my kingdom. However after beating the "Varnhold Vanishing" stuff, the game seems to have immediately launched me into the next main quest. I'd like to go exploring all the stuff I discovered in the East, but I'm worried this barbarian guy will invade any day. Do I have some downtime? I have to say as the game moves on the timers get worse, not better.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Up until now when I finished a main quest chapter I had a bunch of time to explore and upgrade my kingdom. However after beating the "Varnhold Vanishing" stuff, the game seems to have immediately launched me into the next main quest. I'd like to go exploring all the stuff I discovered in the East, but I'm worried this barbarian guy will invade any day. Do I have some downtime? I have to say as the game moves on the timers get worse, not better.
>Do I have some downtime?
About a couple of months or so, if I remember right. I suggest prioritizing the main quest as soon as you can though. This is where new players get filtered due to the barbarian horde event cards.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If game makes you're worried that a barbarian would invade your kingdom any day, go stop him?

If it was real pnp session with DM, would you even ask this question?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If game makes you're worried that a barbarian would invade your kingdom any day, go stop him?

These kind of responses are retarded because the game presents on-screen timelimits for certain timed quests, but not others. The game actually has time limits for some quests it hints have them, but not others. I had to "rush to save Linzi's professor" and did it like 3 months later and it was fine. There's no consistency, so why would I expect any? People who don't know this stuff on their first playthrough don't know it because the game is shit at telling you. Also no other RPG really functions like this, so "wouldn't you address this emergency right away???" isn't how games usually work, thus no one thinks of it that way. There's a reason people were like "WTF?" when they experienced it.

Anyway, my actual complaint is it throws multiple main quests at you in succession at this point. The "big quest, breather, big quest, breather" made the timer stuff tolerable. Doing multiple big (and linear) quests in a row is fucking annoying.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

These kind of responses are retarded because the game presents on-screen timelimits for certain timed quests, but not others. The game actually has time limits for some quests it hints have them, but not others. I had to "rush to save Linzi's professor" and did it like 3 months later and it was fine. There's no consistency, so why would I expect any? People who don't know this stuff on their first playthrough don't know it because the game is shit at telling you. Also no other RPG really functions like this, so "wouldn't you address this emergency right away???" isn't how games usually work, thus no one thinks of it that way. There's a reason people were like "WTF?" when they experienced it.

Anyway, my actual complaint is it throws multiple main quests at you in succession at this point. The "big quest, breather, big quest, breather" made the timer stuff tolerable. Doing multiple big (and linear) quests in a row is fucking annoying.
>The "big quest, breather, big quest, breather" made the timer stuff tolerable.
You'll get your big breather after the chapter ends. Then another BIG breather after you finish the next chapter. Hang in there.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
These kind of responses are retarded because the game presents on-screen timelimits for certain timed quests, but not others.

Fallout 1/2 had time limits. Mount & Blade too. If trolls are attacking your kingdom, be walking in other side of the world is not a good idea... Doesn't matter if you are talking about a RPG, a RTS, a PNP game, a novel or anything else.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I love PF:KM but one thing that i hate is that there are no Witch class. Witches are present on the story from the second to the last chapter BUT you can't play as one. Imagine how cool to be Winter Witch with all cool hexes and in depth familiar mechanics... I have heard that it din't got included because it din't reached the kckickstarter goal but witches are far more cool and unique than the slayer, a re skin class not so different than other martial classes. I would pay for this class.

A witch also would be cool because we don't have a pure arcane companion. And Witches in pathfinder are far cooler than 5e warlocks. In some interpretations, they are just clerics of non deities and in other interpretations, they are outsiderish magicians, but witches are a contuit to "forces" and their patrons can be anything, moon, sun, winter, etc; the familiars being the spell book who teaches and allow witches attune all spells who aren't hexes also improves a lot the dinamic between a caster and his/her familiar.

And since the "patron" is a non entity but a force or a concept, it blurs the line between arcane and divine casters. Allowing a little less destructive power than arcane powers and a little less healing power than a divine caster.

Well, you can install a mod with the witch class. Call of the Wild, I think.

Efe

Erudite
you are sufficiently warned by characters, quest log and kingdom event cards
its not like you get big cards right away either

first barbarian event is short and relatively close to already explored land.
2nd one the research card for tombs location alone takes 1 month (or more?) giving you a lot of time to explore.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

2nd one the research card for tombs location alone takes 1 month (or more?) giving you a lot of time to explore.
>2nd one the research card for tombs location alone takes 1 month
You don't need to do the research. There is a river shaman that hangs around the river near where the tenebrous depths is located at. When you approach the location, a world event will occur. The river shaman will attempt to drown either you, or your companions; depending on who you choose, of course. Once you succeed on the checks. The location will be revealed. Explore the Pitax region, and the tomb will show up.

purpleblob

Savant
Did anyone managed to "Goblin Tears" achievement? I thought this involves buying a mace from Goblin merchant that costs 123456g but I guess that's not it? :(

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

>2nd one the research card for tombs location alone takes 1 month
You don't need to do the research. There is a river shaman that hangs around the river near where the tenebrous depths is located at. When you approach the location, a world event will occur. The river shaman will attempt to drown either you, or your companions; depending on who you choose, of course. Once you succeed on the checks. The location will be revealed. Explore the Pitax region, and the tomb will show up.

I strongly believe that even starting the search project makes locating the Tomb much easier, so I do encourage doing that project.
But indeed if you find it before 1 month passes, the result will be slightly different, so you shouldn't delay.

The river seer is not a fool proof solution also BTW. It also simply lowers the DC - but you may still fail to notice it, particularly if you've passed by before.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>It also simply lowers the DC - but you may still fail to notice it, particularly if you've passed by before.
Looks like I forgot that rather significant detail. Fair enough.

Efe

Erudite
i think armag time limit is longer than 1 month. i did the research, went to tomb immediately and he was okay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom