Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Elex, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    I see it regularly even in act 1. Skeletons, especially champions, and zombies, also champions, love to switch targets after a few rounds, sometimes even right away.

Yes I am planning to do a Dhampir and Fetchling build, though not sure yet what classes to pick. Fetchlings biggest drawback is that it does not get any attribute bonus.

^ Top  
  2. amurath Educated

amurath
    It looks like Kingmaker is finally coming to console: https://www.trueachievements.com/products/44456/Pathfinder-Kingmaker. While a bit of a decline in some ways, I hope they release the final major patch they've been working on for the PC version. I also wonder if they're going to introduce an official turn-based mode for the console release.

• incline incline x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. trimethylsilyl Educated

trimethylsilyl
    What the fuck is the deal with the Autumn/Summer Golems' rolls? I just saw them roll natural 20 on all Reflex and Fortitude save rolls - consistently. After googling, it seems others have noticed that as well. Is this a feature or a bug?

On a slightly related note, I really dislike the House at the Edge of Time. Up until this chapter I really loved this game (as in one of the best games I've ever played), but now I'm just annoyed and losing my patience. It's not that it's difficult (I like difficult RPGs), it's just the sudden massive change in difficulty, as well a shitload of really long, boring encounters.

^ Top  
  4. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    It could be that they have 'roll twice, take the best result' on their saves, not sure why they would have that though

^ Top  
  5. trimethylsilyl Educated

trimethylsilyl
    That still doesn't make sense, as I literally saw 20 natural 20 rolls in a row (4 golems, 5 spells with Fortitude and Reflex saves), also I didn't see that ability while inspecting them

^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    20? Hmm

^ Top  
  7. Crichton Prophet

Crichton
    I've seen several sources claim that it represents some defense that plants have in P&P. Not being a P&P Pathfinder player, I can't confirm that. Obviously the game should explain WTF is going on regardless.

^ Top  
  8. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    So my question would be, what are you casting on them

^ Top  
  9. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Heya! I made a bunch of videos! Early Unfair from level one to three complete! Here's a playlist!

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. trimethylsilyl Educated

trimethylsilyl
    That's informative, and it makes sense - but they for sure weren't spell effects that were listed in the Inspect menu. I agree with your last sentence though, it's weird that the devs makes a point to explain everything via the Inspect menu, but then suddenly stop doing that for certain enemies.

^ Top  
  11. amurath Educated

amurath
    So, it looks like Owlcat is adding turn-based mode to Kingmaker after all: https://imgur.com/RPYdwMU. I wonder if they'll make any improvements on the current turn-based mod.

• incline x 3
    • nice x 1
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. InD_ImaginE Arcane Patron

InD_ImaginE
    If they want to officially add TB mode better rewrite their AI behavior because it doesn't work at all with the mod. They still retardedly bum rush you every time which is an issue because they can't calculate attack range, they can't calculate movement range, they don't consider action economy at all which makes the game stupidly easy. They don't work with each other (this is less an issue in RtwP, e.g. where rogue and fighter ended arriving more or less at the same time in RtwP they will walk willingly into your position to die one by one in TB). They walk through CC spells like in real-time while players fine-tune their movement.

And make the player and AI are capable of using the same tools (Delay, 5 feet movement to full attack abuse, precise positioning). If those tools are not available to AI then it should not be available to players.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. razvedchiki Liturgist

razvedchiki
    especially that the ai doesnt use the 5 feet step fucks the melee mobs really hard on higher lvls.

^ Top  
  14. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Finally made it to an interesting place in first (and probably last for now) modded playthrough.

MC is Aldori Defender/Swordlord Disarming tank/stud with everyone else having builds tailored to attack the specific weaknesses of the principal threats of each Chapter.

Here we have Linzi Bard to attack Will (will have Sorc splash later), Amiri Freebooter to swing Trollreaper and boost team (will have Greater Bull Rush soon to proc AoOs), Harrim Warpriest to tank and focus on Dirty Trick:Blind, Ekun for Devourer and Okbo using CotW to boost his Trips, and Jewb to buff everyone, here giving Harrim True Strike to land his Dirty Trick. That was the plan anyway.

Stunning Barrier Hargulka.jpg
    Harrim's 42 AC just not enough against big Hargulka blows, but Stunning Barrier doing its work. It stays on until it works so is a nice spell on tanks. He also had Resinous Skin from Jewb (that's the Reflex save).

Hargulka debuff.jpg
    Once Hargulka is Stunned he didn't have much of a chance, but really if any of these CMs hit he's toast, and Linzi adds insult to injury landing Overwhelming Grief as well. Her DC is already 19 and will be mid20s or more by midgame. Harrim's True Strike ran out by the time he got to attack but 29 CMB at level 8 will usually get the job done anyway.

MC Swordlord Tartuk.jpg

+36 AB at level 8 pretty solid and 35 damage not too shabby either. Will be able to get Image from Shared Spells in time for VTomb. Looking forward to Disarming a bunch of Zombie Giants.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Darko Educated

Darko
    Recently finished VTomb on unfair, the whole chapter is made trivial by mass heal scrolls.
    Money is not a problem, still got 800k well before Rushlight.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Darko Educated

Darko
    Octavia's surprise spells works with it too:

[​IMG]

• nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Daidre Augur

Daidre
    Where you have got Mass Heal scrolls? Iirc they are not sold anywhere at this point in the unmodded game.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. ekrolo2 Educated

ekrolo2
    How good is the Monk class in this?

^ Top  
  19. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    [​IMG]

Good enough to make three thousand posts on the Codex about how good it is.

• Funny Funny x 10
    ^ Top  
  20. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    His Octavia is (at least) lvl 14 so that could have something to do with it.

^ Top  
  21. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    Why at least 14?

^ Top  
  22. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Only class worth playing is Vivi tbh.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Surprise spells.

^ Top  
  24. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    The Vivisectionist conundrum: it's obviously the strongest class ever made, but it's not worth playing (because why would you play a class that doesn't allow you to take a Vivisectionist dip?).

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  25. Darko Educated

Darko
    They are from Jhod, bought soon after Varnhold vanishing started, was lvl 11 with Divine 6.
    Screenshot is a bit later, at lvl 14.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.