Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Darko

Educated
I can't say I that I have. You may be contending with more bugs than just those spiders. I haven't had any issues with collision.

Well, I do already have a whole collage for bugs.

Grand cognatogen destroys dexterity when switching areas, killing Jubilost. Also, math checks out:
o0Xafnt.jpg

Dispelling strike caster level is set to 1:
HmTSC5Z.jpg

What the fuck is that?
3iC6bx7.jpg

OH SHIT, IT'S GROWING
8c9Kpfl.jpg

Vertical management
PbP0DNi.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Core of Linzi, Jewb, Ekun, Amiri (Freebooter) is head and shoulders above anything else. I’m mixing it up now for variety but the opportunity cost of making up for what you lose from Bardless (I’ve done it with Sensei) is huge in its own right.

I don’t knock you for trying - Bard is OP - but don’t kid yourself that it’s optimal. I will be leaving her at home this playthrough for undead chapters so we’ll see.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Splashing Ecclesitheurge on Linzi is some intriguing action economy, but probably more trouble than it's worth. Opportunity cost is at it's highest on Bard since you've got slow spell progression to begin with.
Pure Bard Linzi gets Heroism on level 4 and Good Hope at level 7. Splashing anything on her until this point, imho, is like shooting yourself in the knee.

Desiderius

Patron
To up damage replace Val with Okbo.

(or Linzi with Val)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't say I that I have. You may be contending with more bugs than just those spiders. I haven't had any issues with collision.

Grand cognatogen destroys dexterity when switching areas, killing Jubilost. Also, math checks out:
o0Xafnt.jpg

Dispelling strike caster level is set to 1:
HmTSC5Z.jpg

What the fuck is that?
3iC6bx7.jpg

OH SHIT, IT'S GROWING
8c9Kpfl.jpg

Vertical management
PbP0DNi.jpg
I'd pay money for VERTICAL MANAGEMENT! Owlcat! This is a million dollar idea!

Desiderius

Patron
Splashing Ecclesitheurge on Linzi is some intriguing action economy, but probably more trouble than it's worth. Opportunity cost is at it's highest on Bard since you've got slow spell progression to begin with.
Pure Bard Linzi gets Heroism on level 4 and Good Hope at level 7. Splashing anything on her until this point, imho, is like shooting yourself in the knee.

Those can be replaced by items as Darko noted. Still kind of a pain but doable.

Darko

Educated
Core of Linzi, Jewb, Ekun, Amiri (Freebooter) is head and shoulders above anything else. I’m mixing it up now for variety but the opportunity cost of making up for what you lose from Bardless (I’ve done it with Sensei) is huge in its own right.

I don’t knock you for trying - Bard is OP - but don’t kid yourself that it’s optimal. I will be leaving her at home this playthrough for undead chapters so we’ll see.

Here is the damage breakdown for current run, courtesy of IE-like statistics mod. PC is sword saint, Amiri (Freebooter with Cleave) was OP early on but Ekun is whole other level. Right now Octavia is moving in to take the MVP spot with her arcane trickery shenanigans.

W0DyVdJ.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
I have like 30 in my txt, I planned to report them but then I realized that it is too late. All the money is on the next game, no one gives a fuck about the previous one anymore. The worst thing is that even unofficial fan patch is completely dead.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>no one gives a fuck about the previous one anymore
That's what I thought. Until they announced they're adding turn based to the game. So if they have resources to do that, where are the paaattcccchhheeessss.

Desiderius

Patron
>no one gives a fuck about the previous one anymore
That's what I thought. Until they announced they're adding turn based to the game. So if they have resources to do that, where are the paaattcccchhheeessss.

They already patched 90%. (Very) slow but steady.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Because of pathing and the need to buff their equipment pets are a resource with rapidly diminishing returns. To say Blight sux because no pet is thinking in a solo vacuum that misses group dynamics.

They might really become not that good on House but by that point your normal Druid would function as well as Blight Druid anyway so once again there is no way Blight is on par or better than any normal Druid unless you are really really lacking in micro skills.

Not true. That personal innate debuff has the ability to completely shut down any animal, magical beast, or fey (all three of which are in great abundance throughout the whole game) foolish enough to approach you in melee and applies a solid malus to those who don't fall under those categories. And the immunity shuts down the major threat from the HatEoT ghosts; there's no communal delay poison for disease in this game.

No, the reason is because of pathing they often never even make it to the fight and because there is always an opportunity cost to taking the pet.

True that. In smaller areas even with "just" 6 party members, if too many are melee-oriented, oftentimes someone's not getting into the fight. This gets worse as size-increasing spells become more prevalent, and most companions become large already by default. Not saying companions aren't a great choice, but claiming they're the best choice in every circumstance and the other options are just complete garbage is just wrong.

Last edited:

Darko

Educated
I've noticed that stealth can become quite useful later on.
Helps avoiding ambushes, especially in this case since Soul eaters have no perception (it would show under Skills on inspect). Just grab the amulet and decide if you want to fight them on your own terms, by drowning them in summons.
qonlpqh.jpg
Stealth DCs eventually get ridiculous, this one could've been passed if Octavia had hard points in stealth, at the time I didn't know it would be worth it:
dYoYwxJ.jpg
Finally, it helps set up nukes like this one. Lizards are positioned perfectly, and thanks to Grandmaster rod all but one died on the following round. Rod of flaming vengeance converts acid to fire (for Elemental focus - Fire) and adds +3 to DC.
yRvif0U.jpg
It might be worth stacking Stealth, Perception, and Trickery on one char so they can scout the whole map, find any stealthed or invisible enemies, disarm traps, and lockpick containers, all before the cavalry moves in.

Desiderius

Patron
Stealth + Dazzling Display + Uncanny Dodge/high Initiative = the opening of champions.

Add Thug to taste.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Last edited:

Darko

Educated
Seems this is correct, thanks for pointing it out.
Harrim volunteered for a quick test, DC is 10 + 9 INT + 7 (spell level) + 3 (rod of flaming vengeance) + 2 (spell focus evocation) = 31.
Tier0 Mim's neck and Sharel's masterpiece robe both properly add +1 dmg per die, even to the sneak attack part.
Octavia is lvl 17 but spell spec works properly and increases it to 19.

1b6oK6H.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Hinterlander (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/hinterlander/) Tristian making his first appearance.

Hintertristian Barrow.jpg

Getting around that Soft Cover will take Improved Precise Shot (coming up in a level or two) or using a different bow (other early Bows have Veering that gets around Soft Cover). He's along here because he can share his Favored Enemy Undead with team via Hunter's Bond. Hinterlander adds Ghost Touch to that, though don't need that for Lonely Barrow. Ekun will be on Devourer for Season since he has Magical Beast Favored Enemy and gets Improved Precise at lvl 6. Tristian will get it back for VTomb.

Lonely Warrior.jpg

Lonely Warrior always a good early/mid test and CM crew comes through with flying colors, although he did almost kill Octavia thru her Mirror Image despite being Disarmed and Blinded. Got him down quickly enough to chase down adds fast with help from Obscuring Mist.

Oracle Valerie can cast Archon's Aura on herself and her pet for two bites at the apple. Looking forward to same with 4th level Shaken Aura.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I need to reinstall the game and play it some more, heard that you can turn off this hole kingdom managment BS and get straight to dungeon and adventuring part so now finally I will be able to finish it, game is now two years after release and as patched as it ever will be.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I need to reinstall the game and play it some more, heard that you can turn off this hole kingdom managment BS and get straight to dungeon and adventuring part so now finally I will be able to finish it, game is now two years after release and as patched as it ever will be.
I expect huge patch incoming with TB combat due to console release around 18 August, and, knowing Owlcat, at least couple of hotfixes after.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just put Kingdom Management on effortless

Desiderius

Patron
The KM gets you the best/most interesting items/abilities as well as most of your cash flow. Skipping KM will give you a very distorted feel for the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom